Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

But... how do you get to said fortified building? To my knowledge star trek style teleporters haven't been invented yet ;)

You fortify it yourself. I liked the idea of a wharehouse with steel fence around it with roof access for sniping. (just remember they can shoot back) Add some Jersey barriers and some tire spikes to prevent a car driving throught the fence and you have a start.

I myself may just lock up the house, dismantle the strairs and hide upstairs since zombies cant climb.

I myself may just lock up the house, dismantle the strairs and hide upstairs since zombies cant climb.

There's was actually something about that in the 2008 Zombie Survival Guide Desk Calendar.. don't have it anymore, but I think Max Brooks recommends against doing that, because you may injure yourself when you inevitably have to get back down. I say go for it tho - you can always make a rope out of sheets or something :D

There's was actually something about that in the 2008 Zombie Survival Guide Desk Calendar.. don't have it anymore, but I think Max Brooks recommends against doing that, because you may injure yourself when you inevitably have to get back down. I say go for it tho - you can always make a rope out of sheets or something :D

I am looking at bringing a ladder up with me. I figure either I run out of food or go crazy from the wailing. I figure I can last a month for the authorities to get things under control. After that I am going out like Butch and Sundance in Bolivia.

If I ever get a bigger property with bigger trees, I'm gonna build myself a tree fort and hide out there :D

Zombies may not be able to climb, but you better be sure they can't use a flamethrower.

This is a bit off topic from flame thrower-wielding zombies... I'm writing a critical review of Brooks' World War Z for one of my classes (seriously, its a legitimate topic for this class-- and awesome), and I was wondering if anybody else knew of any other type of zombie-based stories. Of course I'll be referring to Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide and maybe ZSG: Recorded Attacks... but the only other literature I can think of are graphic-novel based (The Walking Dead is really the only thing I can think of). Any other suggestions?

From a previous post of mine in this thread:

Day by Day Armageddon - J.L. Bourne

Dead City - Joe McKinney

The Rising - Brian Keene

City of the Dead - Brian Keene (takes a departure from traditional zombies that some won't like but it's still a good read)

Dying to Live - Kim Paffenroth

Plague of the Dead - Z.A. Recht

Thunder and Ashes - Z. A. Recht (the author recently passed away and I'm not sure if he ever finished the 3rd book in the trilogy)

My personal favorite is Day By Day Armageddon.

None of them are really like the Brooks books tho. World War Z is almost a collection of short stories. There's always something like History Is Dead: A Zombie Anthology. I haven't read it, but it seems a little more similar to World War Z. There's a few "anthology" zombie books out right now.

That helps, thanks. Yea, the reason why I chose WWZ for my review is because of its unique approach to the genre (SF, not just zombie-lit), using the docu-drama perspective. I might also consider Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for its bashful approach (like Brooks) to the genre.

Going back to skills... I can drive a train(next best thing to an APC) :dance:, run (unlike some of you older, and errr, soggy around the midsection zombie defense squad members), and hit what I'm aiming at ;). All kidding aside you can count me in. Ray you need more ammo. Bergen County has 1 million potential zombies. My neighbors are all chum except for the LEOs up the street. I can't believe nobody has mentioned it. When your gun jams you'll be thinking, "Man I wish I had Mr. Hoppes No. 9 here." Who has cleaning solvent and patches? You'd better stock up on cleaning supplies as well otherwise all that ammo won't help you. :) Yea I'm ready.

Chris, you've proven to me that your a decent shot. Now, do i think your zytek suit is need? No. Do I think that mask is needed? NO. Do I think your AR 15 is need? Hell yeah! My skills are in a shotty and pistol. Unless my AR has a red dot on it, I'm passing it on to Caine when his runs dry.

This is a bit off topic from flame thrower-wielding zombies... I'm writing a critical review of Brooks' World War Z for one of my classes (seriously, its a legitimate topic for this class-- and awesome), and I was wondering if anybody else knew of any other type of zombie-based stories. Of course I'll be referring to Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide and maybe ZSG: Recorded Attacks... but the only other literature I can think of are graphic-novel based (The Walking Dead is really the only thing I can think of). Any other suggestions?

Here is a pretty decent list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_novels

file.php?id=981

Defending insulation installers while performing their duties may not be necessary in a zombie filled, post-apocalyptic dystopic future.

You guys are a tough crowd! :lol: Minus the absence of gloves :o having a respirator and a "ghetto bio suit" isn't a bad idea. I certainly wouldn't want to have zombie puke on my fancy 5.11s :lol: (I'm kidding btw - i don't own anything by 5.11).

You guys are a tough crowd! :lol: Minus the absence of gloves :o having a respirator and a "ghetto bio suit" isn't a bad idea. I certainly wouldn't want to have zombie puke on my fancy 5.11s :lol: (I'm kidding btw - i don't own anything by 5.11).

We should make up shirts that have a cool logo about our zombie squadron!

And try to stay on topic here, BCeagle is right! Zombie talk only here!

Left the gloves in the car. If it's a zombie outbreak it should be enough to keep any brains off my skin :). We all assume it'll be transferable by blood and saliva. What if it's airborne? :shock: The suit is just to keep my clothes clean at work. :D The gas mask is because I work in transportation and I'm a terror target. :(

My plan was to get to Long Beach Island and barricade the bridge. The Zombie Survival Guide says they can walk on the bottom of the ocean though...

Ray I'm on your team. I have plenty of .22 ammo that my pistol won't shoot to share. :lol:

All this talk of duct tape and gloves reminded me of this movie:

0S9uvhjTiBA

Saw it a while ago, and for the life of me I can't remember how it ends, but I remember thinking it was an ok movie.

All this talk of duct tape and gloves reminded me of this movie:

0S9uvhjTiBA

Saw it a while ago, and for the life of me I can't remember how it ends, but I remember thinking it was an ok movie.

Guys does anyone have any recommendations for other movies like this one (apocalyptic / zombie / etc.)? I had never heard of this but it looks good (love these type of movies), will definitely be getting it on netflix... any others I should look into?

Guys does anyone have any recommendations for other movies like this one (apocalyptic / zombie / etc.)? I had never heard of this but it looks good (love these type of movies), will definitely be getting it on netflix... any others I should look into?

A couple were mentioned here viewtopic.php?p=68835#p68835

Check here as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_films

I have less then zero artistic skill.... but I have ideas.

How about something like this with a dagger sticking out of the skull, NJZDF on the pommel or guard?

I like that

I just watched Tooth and Nail this weekend, was expecting more w/ Madsen and Vinnie Jones (who were barely in it) but post apocolyptic (no zombies just cannibals) (In I am Legend and Last Man on Earth zombies are interchangeble.)

You have 2 options stay hidden or join a well armed, well organized group.

Here's two interesting reads from external sources:

http://www.survivalblog.com/2010/02/let ... epare.html

http://www.doomers.us/forum2/index.php/ ... 074.0.html

They both discuss the popular fallacy people might assume if SHTF. Long story short, don't be these types of people. It goes back to the fact that we can either use our minds to resolve the situation or to make it worse.