Sign in to follow this  
Story

New Jersey during 'Emergencies'

I haven't found anything concrete (or anything for that matter) that says anything relating to firearms... however, here's an interesting thing about evacuating:

http://www.state.nj.us/njoem/law_directives_79.html

DIRECTIVE NO. 79

SUBJECT: RULES AND REGULATIONS - CITIZENS' DUTY TO EVACUATE

January 11, 1968 is hereby revised.

Whenever the Governor, The State Director, Office of Emergency Management, County Emergency Management Coordinator, or Municipal Emergency Management Coordinator shall declare an emergency as defined in NJSA App. A:9-33, et seq, and whenever the aforementioned parties shall determine that it is in the interest of the health, welfare and safety of the public to evacuate an area, it shall be the duty and obligation of each individual within the disaster area as declared by the aforesaid parties to evacuate said area as directed in accordance with the plans and directions of Emergency Management personnel.

Any person who refuses to evacuate an area in accordance with the mandates of a legally declared emergency order may be charged with a violation of Appendix A:9-49, and removed from the area.

(VIOLATIONS) - Anyone who violates any provision of this act may be subject to a fine of not more than $1,000, or not more than six (6) months in jail or both.

I noticed, too, that a lot of this OEM is based on what was going on during WWII and the Cold War. Also, it seems that from what I'm reading, it really boils down to what your local municipality has drawn up.

I noticed, too, that a lot of this OEM is based on what was going on during WWII and the Cold War. Also, it seems that from what I'm reading, it really boils down to what your local municipality has drawn up.

Along those lines, here's their input on Bug Out Bags.

http://www.state.nj.us/njoem/plan/kit-plan.html

The main page has alot of good links.

http://www.state.nj.us/njoem/

surrender all firearms to the local policipality and hope the gangs in the street don't kill you! If you don't surrender your guns, the cops will come get them and kill you!

yeah...um NO, we're gonna have a lot more crap to worry about than your Lorcin.

surrender all firearms to the local policipality and hope the gangs in the street don't kill you! If you don't surrender your guns, the cops will come get them and kill you!

yeah...um NO, we're gonna have a lot more crap to worry about than your Lorcin.

:lol:

So that's three "I don't know either, good question - let's find out!"

:D

I did know, i honsetly thought you were joking as, NJ law specifically prohibits This part of what you posted:

No person shall carry a firearm, rifle or shotgun upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive unless that person is:

(1) Actively engaged in a defense of that person's life or property from peril or threat.

Anyway....... There doesnt HAVE to be any parallel to Pa's law because you cant carry a firearm in NJ under any of those circumstances in any case..

Anyway....... There doesnt HAVE to be any parallel to Pa's law because you cant carry a firearm in NJ under any of those circumstances in any case..

I'm asking to see that in print, chapter and verse, from New Jersey law.

Umm, even in 'non-emergency' time, we're not allowed to carry on public property. Concealed or otherwise.

Title 2C Chapter 39 is the part of the criminal code that pertains to Firearms. Section 6 of that chapter deals with who may possess and under what circumstances. When i get back from visiting my wife in the hospital, i'll dig my 2C book out of my road bag, and look it up for you for the specific wording, but it can be found, if you go to the "NJ Gun Laws" section ofthis site, and click on the "Sticky" for the NJ firearms statutes.

Section 1:

Title 1:

There are no emergencies in the State of New Jersey.

:D

"I will sign an executive order declaring a state of emergency in the counties of Atlantic, Cape May, Camden, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, and Burlington, based off the storm that happened Friday into Saturday."

http://www.kyw1060.com/Christie-Declare ... es/6322728

Title 2C Chapter 39 is the part of the criminal code that pertains to Firearms. Section 6 of that chapter deals with who may possess and under what circumstances. When i get back from visiting my wife in the hospital, i'll dig my 2C book out of my road bag, and look it up for you for the specific wording, but it can be found, if you go to the "NJ Gun Laws" section ofthis site, and click on the "Sticky" for the NJ firearms statutes.

Thanks, now we're cookin' with gas - although as an exercise, I was approaching the question from the 'state of emergency' angle and the only thing I've found to date are addendum like these two mentions in the Codification of 2002

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj/codifica ... at_dec.pdf

2C:12-3 26 6/18/02 Upgrades N.J.S.A. 2C:12-3* to a crime of the second degree if the violation of this statute occurs during a declared period of national, State or county emergency.

* 2C:12-3. Terroristic Threats

2C:33-3 26 6/18/02 Upgrades N.J.S.A. 2C:33-3b. to a crime of the second degree, and a first degree

crime if committed during a declared period of emergency.

* 2C:33-3. False Public Alarms

Something else that's interesting - if you own a gunshop, you can't sell during the Emergency and the local Gendarme are supposed to make sure those weapons are secure.

Weird, but that's the only mention in the NEW JERSEY ADMINISTRATIVE CODE TITLE 13. LAW AND PUBLIC SAFETY CHAPTER 54. FIREARMS AND WEAPONS

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/fi ... 3-ch54.pdf

or

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cac ... jSDSGWMGHg

N.J.A.C. 13:54-6.7 Regulations during a civil disturbance or declared emergency period

(a) In the interest of the public health, safety and welfare, firearms dealers shall discontinue the

sale of firearms and ammunition upon notification by the Superintendent or the chief of police of

the municipality where the firearms dealers' business is located, that a civil disturbance or other

emergency exists.

(b) Those businesses affected shall not resume the sale of firearms or ammunition until such

time as the Superintendent or the chief of police of the municipality determines that the civil

disturbance or other emergency no longer exists.

© All dealers located in the area affected by such disturbance or emergency shall be required

to comply with one of the following:

1. Arrange with the chief of police officer of the municipality for appropriate security of

firearms and ammunition; or

2. Remove all firearms and ammunition from the business premises to a secure location.

(d) Failure of the dealer to comply with any of the above requirements may result in the

revocation of the license of such dealer.

Is she ok?

Thanks for Asking Dev. She had a BP spike and chest pains at a Doc's visit yesterday. he sent her to the ER to be safem and they decided to keep her for a couple of days and run the usual battery to make sure there isnt anything wrong. SO FAR, looks like it was just Stress and lack of sleep.

Thanks for Asking Dev. She had a BP spike and chest pains at a Doc's visit yesterday. he sent her to the ER to be safem and they decided to keep her for a couple of days and run the usual battery to make sure there isnt anything wrong. SO FAR, looks like it was just Stress and lack of sleep.

Well - don't know if you subscribe to this, but prayers sent.

North Carolina's chapter and verse -

http://www.jus.state.nc.us/NCJA/ncfirearmslaws.pdf

5. Areas of Emergency and Riot

It is also a misdemeanor under North Carolina law for a person to transport or

possess, off his or her own premises, a dangerous weapon in an area during a declared

state of emergency, or in the vicinity of a riot. N.C. Gen. Stat.

CITIZENS' DUTY TO EVACUATE

Judging by the recent NJ population trends, I think the politicians already took care of this,.

And it didnt even take a "Declared Emergency"

Thanks for the well wishes evryone BTW, it is appreciated.