I recently moved to a different township. I just did the online MVC thing where they will send you stickers to put on the back of your license.

Is this sufficient for applying for a change of address or do I need more paperwork or the license to actually be printed with the new address.

I recently moved to a different township. I just did the online MVC thing where they will send you stickers to put on the back of your license.

Is this sufficient for applying for a change of address or do I need more paperwork or the license to actually be printed with the new address.

The sticker is all you need to meet the standards for MV stuff, it SHOULD be all you need for other ID purposes as well. That said, last time i renewed my DL it took all of 5 minutes. If you have an MVC office close by, it makes just as much sense to pop in and take care of it as to do it online and wait for the sticker.

Some more questions.

I know if my DL and FPID/Pistol Permit do not match, I cannot not receive firearms or buy pistol ammo in NJ.

Can I sell them during the time that my FPID is getting updated?

Is this another one of those grey areas?

I know you don't need a FID to sell firearms as long as the buyer has proper FPID and DL.

Does it change if your old FPID is invalid because of non-matching address?

I'm waiting for the stickers to arrive, which will change my address on my Driver's License.

Once I do that, my FPID card will no longer match.

I will not be able to buy any long guns (I have no pistol permits remaining). Nor will I be able to buy pistol ammo over the counter in NJ.

The question I am asking is: During the time that I am waiting for my FPID card to come back with my new address, am I allowed to sell the guns I alrealdy legally own?

Background: I know that you do not need a FPID to sell guns, as it is the buyer who needs all of their credentials. (Inheritance, out of state resident who moved to NJ, etc). Does the situation change if your old FPID card is invalidated by change of address?

I would suspect that depends on town. I missed the 90 days (barely), but I'm not sure it made a difference. OTOH, I didn't change towns when I moved, and my town is relatively good about the whole thing.

I haven't had any problem buying ammo or a long gun with the sticker on my license; I just made sure to let the guy doing paperwork know I have the address change sticker.

Sorry to drag up an old topic...

Can I use one of the change of address stickers that I was mailed on my FID or does it have to be an official change of address and new FID altogether?

DMV with the right address on it(or correct change of address sticker) + matching FPID, you cannot put a sticker from the DMV onto an FPID. I'm not even sure how you would end up with two of them.

They send you multiple sticker for your registrations and such.

ahh, that actually makes sense. :picknose:

To make this more common sense... the DMV changes your address in there database and sends you the stickers for change of address related to DMV documents. Your FPID is registered through the state police and your municipality unless you apply for a FPID again they have no way of knowing you moved, and your new municipality would have no documentation or file for your P2P permits and all the rest they keep on file. MY PD told me to notify them if i move or sell a pistol, so they can make the proper adjustments to my file, they say no one ever tells them anything and they have files on people with firearms they don't even own anymore...not a huge deal if you keep your own paperwork on file(we get copies of everything).