Maksim

Placing a Lee reloading order...

Let me know if anyone wants in, or you want dealer pricing on it.

I am picking up a lee classic turret press.... it really is the best value in my mind, and will be a good stepping stone to a full progressive in the future.

I did all the numbers yesterday, and after spending $400 on a Hornady/Dillon progressive, you are then spending another $300 to $400 for all the accessories, shell plates, etc. For the calibers I plan to reload, I counted that I need 6 different shell plates, at $30 a pop.... $180 in metal. lol.

Dude, Maks ebay is your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can find a used square deal with 4 different caliber setups for 400 bucks.

You can find a 550b with 3 or 4 caliber setups for like 5-550

Your in this sport for the long haul, don't cheap out on a press that will only last you a few years and has a craptastic warranty. Get a Dillon or a RCBS and you won't regret it.

Plus I highly advise you to get a progressive for pistol a la square deal, and get a single stage for rifle, a la a JR3 or a rock chucker.

FYI I just called RCBS today and they are sending me a new primer swing arm, and large and small primer cups for free even after I told them I bought the press used off of ebay!! FTW

Plus you can't allow Joe to have a better press than you!!

I need for rifle, so the SDB is a waste of money for me. 550 doesnt auto index, I would want the 650.

=) its ok, will get the AP later on.... but come on... how bad can a turret/single stage press be?

but go read the reviews for the Lee Classic Turret press.

I actualy like the 550 better, you have control over the rotation which could be a benefit..

yup. and the 550 or Lnl AP will be the next press.

For $400, at dealer pricing and shipping, was able to get everything...

press, priming system, powder dispenser, with all of the upgrades, seperate powder measure, extra turrets, all of the case prep stuff, and 5 sets of dies ( 3 rifle & 2 pistol) with both full size and collet dies for rifle, reloading manual.

good thing is, when getting a bigger press, most of the stuff will work with the others.

all of the reviews are pretty dang good too.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... 75#enlarge

I love the Dillon but each caliber change costs me about $170.00. But it can be cheaper as some use the same shell plates and locater buttons like 30-06/308 and 45ACP.

I haven't seen any great deals on Ebay for some time. But the time you factor in some of the outrageous shipping costs, you are better off getting it new. I have a few dealers that stock Dillon but it really doesn't matter who you get it from because the orices are all about the same. No one discounts Dillon.

You'll be fine starting out with a turret press. Even if you get a progressive later on, you can still use the turret press for rifle or testing recipes. It's also nice to have a back up press.

I've been using a RCBS single stage for a while with no problems. Granted, it isn't the fastest, but I don't mind spending a few hours by myself loading. I enjoy it almost as much as shooting. I also keep a quantity of preped cases which helps speed the process.

I need for rifle, so the SDB is a waste of money for me. 550 doesnt auto index, I would want the 650.

I think autoindexing is overrated. A quick flick of the thumb after each lever pull, and you've indexed.

After seeing some of the Lee parts up close and personal I think most of their add-on stuff is junk. It's clearly not built to last as most everything is plastic.

Joe I would definitely say the Hornady is a better press than the Lee, hands down no questions asked.

But I will say though, I doubt you'll get the same customer service from Lee than you would from Dillon or RCBS

But to each their own, post a review of the CLT when you get it up and running!!

M

I read that review and it should work fine for you Maks but I can't believe the amount of plastic on that thing.

Though I am quite interested in how those changeable heads work out. Seems to be a nice concept for sure. It's kinda the same concept as a Dillon 550B except the dillon's head stays in place and the shellplate moves.

Keep us posted!!

oh and

Chad = teh suck

Ed = EPIC FAIL

Lee = minor fail