BCeagle

This guy earned the death penalty, make it happen Christie

The Imam should have told him to kill himself.

EAST ORANGE -- A 21-year-old Galloway Township man is charged with attempted murder after telling police he threw his 3-month-old daughter from the Garden State Parkway's Driscoll Bridge into the Raritan River Tuesday night, authorities said.

Rescue crews were out all night and continued to search the river this morning, said Stephen Jones, spokesperson for the New Jersey State Police. Shamshiddin Abdur-Raheem is charged with attempted murder, kidnapping, aggravated assault, and possession of a weapon by East Orange police.

Abdur-Raheem, who does not have custody rights for his daughter, is accused of abducting Zara Malani-Lin Abdur-Raheem Tuesday from her grandmother in East Orange after an argument, authorities said.

Abdur-Raheem attacked the grandmother at 4:19 p.m. Tuesday in her apartment on South Harrison Street in East Orange and fled with his daughter, according to East Orange police spokesman Sgt. Andrew Dielmo.

East Orange police requested an Amber alert for a missing child and the Dodge Caravan Abdur-Raheem was driving, but the Amber alert was never issued because they found the suspect, Jones said.

Police in Winslow Township, Camden County received a call from a family member of Abdur-Raheem saying he was in the area, and officers found him four hours after the alleged kidnapping, said Winslow police Lt. Michael Hoffman.

Abdur-Raheem told police he threw Zara Malani-Lin from the Driscoll Bridge, which spans Raritan River on the Garden State Parkway, as he was driving south, Hoffman said. The New Jersey State Police immediately launched a search for the infant in the river.

Abdur-Raheem then drove down to Atlantic County where he went to see an Imam, Jones said. He then drove to Camden County.

The infant girl was last seen wearing only green pajamas, authorities said.

Unfortunately for us NJ is a Non Death Penalty state so it looks like if this human stain

did do this he will get to live the rest of his day's out on our tax dollars. The only bright

side to that if you want to call it one is once the other caged animals find out this weakling

killed a 3 month old child they will destroy him on a daily basis.

Assuming he is telling the truth - he should be executed. If he's lying and has just hidden the girl somewhere...

Good point, the story makes it unlikely to ever find a body, but why hide her if you will never see her again. Maybe he should be thrown off the Driscoll Bridge. It would make sense.

Thanks to the Corzine administration, NJ has abolished the death penalty. I remember hearing about it on the news, that NJ was wasting money fighting the appeals, because the legislature created so many appeal processes for those sentences. Because of those appeals processes, it was unrealistic to expect anyone to be executed anyway.

Personally, I'd like to see it brought back, and used only for cases of murder, terrorism, and kidnapping.

Assuming he is telling the truth - he should be executed. If he's lying and has just hidden the girl somewhere...

Good point, the story makes it unlikely to ever find a body, but why hide her if you will never see her again. Maybe he should be thrown off the Driscoll Bridge. It would make sense.

Completely agree.

but with a few modifications.

Put a bunch of spears sticking out of the ground, or put them on a barge and put it right under the verezano bridge. Then throw the guy off straight on the barge.

Consider how backwards we have grown as a largely Democratic state. Crime ridden, broken down cities overflowing at a steady rate into the suburbs, taxes unsurpassed anywhere in the nation, the inability for the law abiding to protect themselves in public, the pushing of controversial content in schools, etc.

But now here we have a beyond worthless 21 year old deserving of death who liberals have determined does in fact deserve to live...and at our expense. We could be talking about 50+ years of paying to feed this f**k. And as we know there are many, many of them to be found throughout the state.

I support death penalty and saving our tax dollars. Especially when it comes to intentional murder.

It actually costs more money to put someone to death then it does to lock them amay for life. This pos will get what's coming to him in jail. Prisoners don't care for baby killers.

I support death penalty and saving our tax dollars. Especially when it comes to intentional murder.

It actually costs more money to put someone to death then it does to lock them amay for life. This pos will get what's coming to him in jail. Prisoners don't care for baby killers.

I am all for Sunday afternoon lynchings again. One appeal and then stretch the neck. Done in public to show what will happen. Visual deterrent.

Would public executions be much of a deterrent in this day and age? Unless a person is there, smelling the thick blood and feces in the air, I would doubt that it would do much.

As for it costing more to execute someone vs. keeping them locked up-- are you including their time on death row? That's the only way it could total up (but if they're on death row, and not in the physical act of being executed-- that's incarceration, right?).

I am all for Sunday afternoon lynchings again. One appeal and then stretch the neck. Done in public to show what will happen. Visual deterrent.

could not agree more.. the only justice that needs to be served here is a nice strong tree branch and a sturdy length of rope... hell i'll donate the rope..

this piece of shit lived less than ten minutes away from me.. the whole area he is from is a shit hole that should just be burnt to the ground..

It actually costs more money to put someone to death then it does to lock them amay for life.

What information do you have to verify this? And have you even factored the relevance of a persons age when incarcerated?

Ask, and you shall receive. I don't talk out of my ass.

I am not anti death penalty. It is a commonly held misconception that putting someone to death saves the tax payers money. Putting someone to death is in fact much more expensive then executing them.

Just a brief summery of some sources. The information is all over the internet, just a Google Search away.

A 2003 legislative audit in

With all the govt waste this might be money well spent.

Actually if you cut down on the appeals process and also the time a person in waiting on death row it makes things a lot cheaper. I dont want anything to happen to an innocent man so you can raise the bar to more then beyond a reasonable doubt for the DP.

With all the govt waste this might be money well spent.

Actually if you cut down on the appeals process and also the time a person in waiting on death row it makes things a lot cheaper. I dont want anything to happen to an innocent man so you can raise the bar to more then beyond a reasonable doubt for the DP.

+1

It actually costs more money to put someone to death then it does to lock them amay for life.

What information do you have to verify this? And have you even factored the relevance of a persons age when incarcerated?

Ask, and you shall receive. I don't talk out of my a**.

While your research results were telling, I don't recall stating nor implying anything about you talking out of your a**.

Regardless, the trial process was not factored into my scenario, which was very short-sighted. However the the assessment of costs involved in such a trial according to your findings seem to be beyond absurd. Another aspect of a broken system.

While your research results were telling, I don't recall stating nor implying anything about you talking out of your a**.

I know, I was just joking

Regardless, the trial process was not factored into my scenario, which was very short-sighted. However the the assessment of costs involved in such a trial according to your findings seem to be beyond absurd. Another aspect of a broken system.

The system certianly is broken. Criminals have more rights then their victims.

Firing Squad!

Hanging!

Leathal injection!

Electricuation!

Am i missing any?

That's gotta be the coolests way to go, I think they should make it legal for people who commit intentional murder, than the state can put it on pay per view and make some money back that it lost on the ammunition.

Firing Squad!

Hanging!

Leathal injection!

Electricuation!

Am i missing any?

That's gotta be the coolests way to go, I think they should make it legal for people who commit intentional murder, than the state can put it on pay per view and make some money back that it lost on the ammunition.

There's a guy in Utah right now who is being executed by Firing Squad. Utah IIRC is the last state that has that option.

IMO, Every Capital case once a verdict is reached, before the sentencing hearing, should go to the State Supreme Court for review. Bypass the Appelate division completely. Have THEM review it immediately for procedural and/or legal errors in the Probable Cause, evidence and whatnot. Once they give their reccomendation whether it qualifys as a Capital case, send it back to the original jurisdiction for sentencing. After sentencing the prisoner has one year of appeals or to have his attorney produce exculpatory evidence. After that Sentence carried out. THIS would stop the incessant appeals of every comman and semicolon, not to mention the hundreds of appeals filed by Anti Death Penalty activists, who file appeals and drag the process out even when the Scumbag himself admits he's guilty and wants to be executed. until something like this is done, then Life in Prison will always be a cheaper alternative to execution.

Completely agree.

but with a few modifications.

Put a bunch of spears sticking out of the ground, or put them on a barge and put it right under the verezano bridge. Then throw the guy off straight on the barge.

And put poop on the end of the spears!