Sign in to follow this  
RV-Ted

Is anyone aware of these mags?

This is no relations to why PK decided to discontinue providing 15 rounders (as I do not know why), but Magpul will be releasing official 15 round magazines (in the 20 round body, like the ones PK has provided) later this summer.

I still might get two or three of these C Product mags to try out (as I've been hearing about them a lot)... because for $14, it isn't too much to part with.

I have heard good things about these C-Products mags as far as reliability and workmanship (although I prefer pmags). I got a chance to examine one at the range once. They are 30 rounders with tabs cut in the back (and front too, I think - don't remember) which prevents the follower from going past, thus limiting the mag to 15 rounds. . The benefit of this is, because it doesn't use any type of block, there is no reason to seal the floorplate, which means it can be removed for cleaning or even changed to Ranger Plates, without affecting the 15rd capacity.

I have a few of Pauls Pmags and they don't appear to be blocked 20 rounders. I think what he did was cut full size mags to the size of actual 15s. I don't know the size of a 20, but I suspect Paul's mags are shorter. I highly recommend these if you can still get them. They are great.

I have heard good things about these C-Products mags as far as reliability and workmanship (although I prefer pmags). I got a chance to examine one at the range once. They are 30 rounders with tabs cut in the back (and front too, I think - don't remember) which prevents the follower from going past, thus limiting the mag to 15 rounds. . The benefit of this is, because it doesn't use any type of block, there is no reason to seal the floorplate, which means it can be removed for cleaning or even changed to Ranger Plates, without affecting the 15rd capacity.

I have a few of Pauls Pmags and they don't appear to be blocked 20 rounders. I think what he did was cut full size mags to the size of actual 15s. I don't know the size of a 20, but I suspect Paul's mags are shorter. I highly recommend these if you can still get them. They are great.

those are the old ones.

the latest Pk90 mags are 20 round pmags blocked to 15. They are top notch.

I bought the 3 from axeman...

They work really well in my LAR Grizzly lower, functions perfectly, drops free, lovely. However, on my Stag lower they do not fit well and get stuck - really stuck. I don't know what the difference is, since PMags work in both, and ironically the 10rd CProducts that came with my upper works fine in the Stag as well. It could very well be my lower and not the mags, but who knows.

Another plus as mentioned is that you can add Magpul Ranger Plates to these, which I like.