maideneddie

New Chat Room?

Is it just me or is the new chat room lame? The old chat room used to tell you who was in the room before you logged in. The old room would save all your settings for color preferences for easy identification. Why is the new room not as intuitive as the old one. Why was this change permitted without the blessing of the daily chat users?

Is it just me or is the new chat room lame? The old chat room used to tell you who was in the room before you logged in. The old room would save all your settings for color preferences for easy identification. Why is the new room not as intuitive as the old one. Why was this change permitted without the blessing of the daily chat users?

Hey, you don't have to use it. =)

In all seriousness, people wanted a faster chat. This is what this one is. We will not be switching to an IRC based chat. Security issues, and because this one is handled on our servers.

I do realize that there is no way to please everyone, hence why this was one put in.

Log-out issues were resolved, tweaked the colors, and made the chat window bigger.

You can change your name and register it from the main page. Click on the register button to create a chat account, which will also be used for the njgf shop. In the future, we may have one login for both, the portal and the forum, but ain't happening yet. There is no easy bridge to do it, nor do I have the time to mess with the tables.

Lastly, I do not read every thread in the general section, if you want something changed, or have a suggestion, post in the suggestions section as we do read that. Posting here is very much a pity-party.

The updates and upgrades are made as prudently as possible. Yes, there may be better ways to skin a cat, but the forum is not a business, but merely my idea, that now we have a bunch of shooting enthusiasts participate on, and a few dedicating a few hours a day to help run.

Before this starts turning into a rant, none of us are paid to run this, and on a few occasions, I turned down offers to sell the site to corporates, who would quickly sell your information/emails, plaster the site with advertisement and ads on every corner. This is a hobby to all of us, and we would like to keep it that way. For that, we do ask that we put up with a few things that we dislike. Heck, I remember a few people complaining about the colors and the logo originally.

Anyway, back to the chat, I have personally received very good feedback for it, so it is staying. The few comments for improved were taken into advisement, and for the most part implemented. IRC... aint happening. Sorry.

If anyone has suggestions, or wants to donate their time to make other improvements, by all means, welcome to that.

btw, the old chat is still there, I didn't take it down yet. http://www.njgunforums.com/chat/

Unless this one fails big time, the old chatroom will be taken down in 2 weeks. So far, the new chat is being used more frequently.

Logout.... 5 mins. If you are idle for more than 5 mins, it will log you out.

MILLION TIMES BETTER MAKS!!!! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to make this happen we all really do appreciate it as the chat is getting used more than anyone ever envisioned!!!

Thanks again bub!