lunker

Ft Dix Next Sunday (3/28)

OK. I am pissed I missed this weekend at Dix. I wanted to stretch my Rock River Varmint's legs on the 100 and 200 yard range, and see what I can hit with my Mosin at 100 (probably not much).

Barring really bad weather, I am planning on going next Sunday.

Anybody interested?

I don't think you can just go and shoot there. I will be signing up as a member, so I would probably "guest" NJPilot and Brisco unless either of them is a member already (I think you are limited to two guests).

Now that it seems everyone has become a Dix member, next time there should be ample guest passes to bring half the forums. lol

I brought my makeshift steel gong target but proceeded to mostly shoot the bracket that holds the steel plate to the stand. :| The rifle i was using was sighted/scoped for 100yds and was guestimating the Kentucky windage to nail it which i mostly did but with too many hits to the stuff the held it together so it eventually just gave out and fell over. Shame too because it would ring pretty good if you hit it and the range was silent enough to hear it!

My CZ 452 Varmint in 17HM2 was all over the place because of the wind. I think it only makes sense to try and shoot it at > 75 yards when it is not windy outside. I managed to shoot the rear sight loose on my Dan Wesson CBOB. 10mm sure is fun.

And I found out that my Zastava PAP is accurate with iron sights at 50-100 yards (I didn't try any further). Next time I will try to ring JonF's homemade gong at 200 yards.