Sign in to follow this  
georgemc

Walther P99 AS 9mm

congrats, she sure is a beauty. What does the AS stand for?

"ANTI STRESS

Trigger Mechanism: Traditional Double Action with an Anti-Stress Mode

As the first pistol equipped with a firing pin lock, the P99 AS combines the advantages of the traditional Double Action System with Single Action Anti-Stress trigger. The P99 provides the shooter with a user-friendliness previously found only in hammer fired pistols.

Traditional Double Action

The anti-stress trigger makes the P99 one of the world's safest firearms by preventing unintentional "reflex" firing in stressful situations. The decisive innovation: When the slide is racked completely to the rear upon loading, the trigger remains in the forward position for the first shot; not only in the double action trigger mode, but also in the single action mode. The trigger travel is .551" long in the anti-stress mode (at 4.4 lbs. trigger force), preventing inadvertent firing. On all subsequent shots, the trigger travel is reduced to .314" (at the same trigger force) and this permits firing in rapid sequence, due to the quick reset of the P99 trigger." [From the official site: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... sFirearm=Y]

ETA: Nice pistol! How do the ergonomics feel? I've always been interested in the design.

ETA: Nice pistol! How do the ergonomics feel? I've always been interested in the design.

Feels really comfortable in my hands, also comes with 2 extra backgrips. Will be at the BH this Tues. night if anyone wishes to fire off a few on it. Monday I go pick up my Saiga 7.62, furniture is already in my hands. Can't wait to dress her up.

what did that beauty run ya? range report? how about that saiga did ya dress her up yet? i have one also, got all the wood, gas tube, muzzle brake just no time to finish, post some pics when get a chance...

what did that beauty run ya? range report? how about that saiga did ya dress her up yet? i have one also, got all the wood, gas tube, muzzle brake just no time to finish, post some pics when get a chance...

She shoots REALLY nice! All together cost me around $780.00. As for my Saiga, I've got the muzzlebrake welded a few weeks ago, now I'm debating on another stock..

AS = DAO? Or something similar?

DA on the first pull, if you don't let the trigger go completly forward (holding the trigger about or less than 1/4") it stays in SA mode.