kenw

Sparta Trap - Sunday 4/18

I think the morning is NG.

I'm supposed to be painting the living room. If I paint in the morning, Sparta is close enough that I can sneak in a couple of rounds while it's drying.

We'll see how it goes.

Just walked in the door, if I wake up in time I'll try and meet up with one of you guys

M

Call me if you decide to come. I'll meet you at the lumber yard and guide you in.

Just got back from the range. A little cool and breezy, but a lot of fun. Mike and Lou joined in, and some of the Sparta regulars showed up to shoot with their kids so there were a handful of guys on the line. I like seeing the kids at the range. Makes me believe there's hope for the sport in NJ.

All nice guys, all friendly, no egos or attitudes. Every time I meet some of the Sparta guys, I like that place even more.

What...... no Matt?

shocker :shock:

Sorry I missed today.....

Did you get out to Hercules this morning?

Yes and No....

I went there with just pistols.....

..... and found they have closed the pistol range for now.....

Seems for some reason, certain people could not understand they should not shoot up the pylons at the 25yd mark. It's very simple, if you are shooting closer then 25yds...... place your targets so your shot goes between the posts..... not into them.... :doh:

..... also heard some yahoo, threw out an empty ammo box about 3-5 feet in front of the bench, and just started shooting it :roll:

So..... from what I heard ( Did not talk to Harry)..... once the pylons/posts are replaced..... there will be NO shooting closer then 25yds.....

So that eliminates me for pistol shooting there....... and I am sure for most others also....

I will use it for my future .22lr rifle I will get...... and of course I will shoot Trap.....

Another great time at Sparta. Glad to see Ken and Lou again.

Big shock Matt couldn't make it ;)

And like Ken said, got to meet some really cool people today, plus saw 2 young kids tearing up the range. Talk about good for their age :D

Hopefully next Sunday I have a little free time to dust some clay!