Ray Ray

Glocks Rock!!!!

plus the grip fit and ability to change the safety from left to right.

What safety???

I think he meant the mag release

Shame on ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the safety. The magazine release!!

Mea Cupa, Mea Cupa, Mea Maxima Cupa!!

My brother carries a Glock 19 (9mm) as his ccw in pa. I shot that one it's a nice gun. The 21 (.45) is nice too. IMO the 22 (.40) is too hot a load for that gun if you're shooting for an extended period of time. I had a mark on my right middle finger from where the trigger guard was hitting. My only complaint about the gun.

Edit: one more complaint. If you have a glock 17 they don't make 15 rd mags for it. Only 17 rd and 10 rd.

My brother carries a Glock 19 (9mm) as his ccw in pa. I shot that one it's a nice gun. The 21 (.45) is nice too. IMO the 22 (.40) is too hot a load for that gun if you're shooting for an extended period of time. I had a mark on my right middle finger from where the trigger guard was hitting. My only complaint about the gun.

Edit: one more complaint. If you have a glock 17 they don't make 15 rd mags for it. Only 17 rd and 10 rd.

Go with the 17 :)

I have the 22, bought it late 2009. How do I find out the generation?

I have to say the more I shoot this gun the more I LOVE it. It is so simple and accurate. Really thinking about a 9mm (17 or 19) and have been tempted to look at other manufacturers (Sig, H&K, CZ) but am worried I won't like them as much as my Glock once I get a whole lot of time with it.

The other thing is I put a Hogue grip on the 22 so I guess the rtf is moot. My accuracy went up a bunch as soon as I put that grip on. Could just be that my hand, but I love the Hogue grip.

Tony

I have to say the more I shoot this gun the more I LOVE it. It is so simple and accurate. Really thinking about a 9mm (17 or 19) and have been tempted to look at other manufacturers (Sig, H&K, CZ) but am worried I won't like them as much as my Glock once I get a whole lot of time with it.

The other thing is I put a Hogue grip on the 22 so I guess the rtf is moot. My accuracy went up a bunch as soon as I put that grip on. Could just be that my hand, but I love the Hogue grip.

Tony

You can change your 40S&W G22 to 9mm for under $150 If ya want to talk about it PM me.

You can change your 40S&W G22 to 9mm for under $150 If ya want to talk about it PM me.

This is what I did wrong when I bought the G19.

But I'll never sell the G19, and I'll never buy another Glock. Just wish I did it differently. Plus that Glock club discount I didn't know about :(

Does anyone carry the different RTF models? I want to shoot and feel the difference between the standard Generation 3 and the Generation 3RTF.

Ray Ray,

Mine is a G19 RTF2. The finish on the grip is amazing and the groves on the slide too. I'll be at BH Tuesday 11 and you are welcome to shoot with it as much as you want.

Maybe next Tuesday during the meet-up. I wanna run that bad boy!

But I'll never sell the G19, and I'll never buy another Glock. Just wish I did it differently. Plus that Glock club discount I didn't know about :(

Can you explain what you mean by "what you did wrong when you bought the G19"? Curious...

Can you explain what you mean by "what you did wrong when you bought the G19"? Curious...

I might have considered a larger caliber/frame and then switched the slide to shoot 9mm out of it. The 9mm guns don't go up in caliber.

Don't take that as advice - I'm a Glock novice. I'm just thinking it's something I could have considered.

Tony

I did exactly that with my Glock 22. Hogue grip and the 9mm conversion. It's tough squeezing in that 10th round into the magazine, but at least the recoil doesn't rip the skin off my finger. ;)

I was never really bothered by the recoil of the 40. Guess since it is my first gun, I just became used to it. Hogue grip does help with hand getting raw/tired though big time. I also only shoot 5 rounds at a time. Find I am much more accurate like that.

Quick question, 10 rounds? Can't you get 15 rds for the G19?

Tony

I was never really bothered by the recoil of the 40. Guess since it is my first gun, I just became used to it. Hogue grip does help with hand getting raw/tired though big time. I also only shoot 5 rounds at a time. Find I am much more accurate like that.

Tony

15rd is the standard high capacity mag for a G19.

Tony

15 rounds is the standard mag for the G19. 33 rounds is the standard high capacity mag for the G19.

Tony

15 rounds is the standard mag for the G19. 33 rounds is the standard high capacity mag for the G19.

Youngster! Though it will fit...The 33rd mag is for a G18. And I'm sure you don't have one of those! :clap:

Interested in Hogue grips for Glocks. .Can they be found at any local gun shops?

Yup. Like $10. Fits real tight. I used a hairdryer to warm it up and it went on real nice.

You can also put them in boiling water for 1 minute exactly and that wil do the job too.

Tony

G18 is class III. I shot one (rental) at Classic Pistol in SH PA. Very unstable, need training to shoot that beast properly. How would you even carry it? :think:

G19 is class III. I shot one (rental) at Classic Pistol in SH PA. Very unstable, need training to shoot that beast properly. How would you even carry it? :think:

Brother Martin typo on you... :p

G18 is select-fire, G19 is what you were shooting Saturday...You show off!!

G18 is class III. I shot one (rental) at Classic Pistol in SH PA. Very unstable, need training to shoot that beast properly. How would you even carry it? :think:

Why one in each hand of course! :twisted: