Sign in to follow this  
Larain60

Got my license to carry

Before you get too excited I moved to PA a number of months ago.

Went to Sheriffs office just to ask for the ccw form. Instead, they said why dont you just fill the form out, give us $25, smile for the picture, and wait a few minutes.

15 minutes later I walked out with the CCW printed like a driver's license. Done. Seriously, I put 45 minutes in parking meter and had 15 min left when I got back. Unbelievable.

PA should change their state motto to "Welcome to America, Fu&@ ya"

I really miss NJ though... and still lurk these boards and will continue to do so. There is still hope for NJ in the gun law dept (I hope!).

Congratulations on your escape. I visit America from time to time. I like it there.

I'm convinced more and more each day that I need to escape from this state.

Sill thinking about TN?

Sill thinking about TN?

Working on it actually...

New Jersey to Tennessee sounds like a recipe for culture shock. After all, where will you get good cheese steaks and subs?

I know those are the typical gripes, just kidding. The real question is how will you react to folks who wave as they go by just because they really want to say hello?

Sill thinking about TN?

Working on it actually...

New Jersey to Tennessee sounds like a recipe for culture shock. After all, where will you get good cheese steaks and subs?

I know those are the typical gripes, just kidding. The real question is how will you react to folks who wave as they go by just because they really want to say hello?

Despite my internet persona as a jerk, I will react remarkably well down there. Plus, I can cook...

North of Nashville, far enough away from the Columbia river to not have to worry about flooding.

congrats must of felt good. waiting in new jersey for pistol permits 35 days getting your right to carry in pa in under 30 min priceless.

I hear you. It wasnt the wait in NJ for me so much as the letter to my employer from the police dept. asking to verify employment (I worked for a very large, multinational company). That was VERY intrusive.

I just made my first PA handgun purchase on Saturday. I was in store, saw a Ruger LCP and decided I needed to have it. PICS (PA NICS equivalent), credit card swipe and I was done.

Dan I think you will love TN, I visited a few times when I lived in GA and it was beautiful. People were genuine and the food was good. The only thing that took some gettin use to IMO was the pace? Everything and everyone down south operates ALOT slower than up here. I'm talking from work ethic to traffic...sometimes it was really frustrating but you adapt like anything else.

Dan I think you will love TN, I visited a few times when I lived in GA and it was beautiful. People were genuine and the food was good. The only thing that took some gettin use to IMO was the pace? Everything and everyone down south operates ALOT slower than up here. I'm talking from work ethic to traffic...sometimes it was really frustrating but you adapt like anything else.

We went there for a week at Easter. The pace is different. Slow, but deliberate instead of fast but frenzied (and sometimes fast for no purpose...). Driving on the highway outside of the cities was quite interesting. As you get on a highway people pull left so you can get on. :shock: