Shane45

PS90 Fun

any information on the round they are chambered in? availability? cost? looks like a fun gun..

I shot the five seven handgun, but was not blown away. There was a bit of recoil, and quite honestly, was not a fan of the plastic feel. For $800+, I would expect the handgun to feel better made than a Glock. The first one I held at a show, was very very tight, and with enough force, felt it was going to break. The Ps90 though is quite nice. Stupid that we have to have the limited mags, when you can easily load 50 rounds in a standard cap mag.

The AR 57 upper now..... that is quite a possibility.

I shot the five seven handgun, but was not blown away. There was a bit of recoil, and quite honestly, was not a fan of the plastic feel. For $800+, I would expect the handgun to feel better made than a Glock. The first one I held at a show, was very very tight, and with enough force, felt it was going to break. The Ps90 though is quite nice. Stupid that we have to have the limited mags, when you can easily load 50 rounds in a standard cap mag.

The AR 57 upper now..... that is quite a possibility.

A lot of people don't like the five-seven. I like it, but I think it's an odd creature. I've been shooting my buddy's for a while. Matter of fact, I need to give the thing back to him. If it was cheaper, I'd buy it.

The AR 57 I can't get into. You pay more for ammo and get less performance in return. If the ammo was cheaper than 5.56 and they had an auto trip for it (I think there might be one by now) then I would be all-in. Consider the HM2 or that .17 thing for a zippy cartridge that is very much cheaper than 5.56. Both are available as uppers. If I didn't have a .22 upper I would buy one. Since I do have a .22 upper, and since I am saving more then spending right now, won't have one anytime soon.

To me the whole point of the 5.7/PS90 is the small package so I agree on the ar version. Ive found the ammo prices to be on par with 5.56 mostly because its 50 per box. My hope is to move across the border at which point that sucker would get SBR'd. 50 rounds in such a small package has a lot of usefullness IMO. As usual though, its a matter of selecting the right tool for the job. EA has some pretty hot ammo for it. Some 3000+fps zingers and some 55 grainers at 2300 fps. Id rather have that than a 9. I got mine with the Secret Service optic. Its a hair low for me. Im likely going to pull it and pop an Aimpoint Micro on there.

Maks, as long as your rounds arent hosing down the joint and are impacting the berm correctly, Ive never had a problem with rapid firing. And well with that gun, I could do it one hand and not worry :D By the way, the P90 is really no different to fire, It just doesnt go anywhere even on full auto. Runs like a sewing machine :twisted:

The standard PS90 optic is a white reticle and frankly it stinks. Its easily washed out in anything resembling light. The housing is polemer. When the USSS adopted the P90 they had them do an optic in a metal housing with a black reticle and tritium bars for low light. Although its considerably better than the original, I find it still lacking. Its just to small and a little low for my big head.

The standard PS90 optic is a white reticle and frankly it stinks. Its easily washed out in anything resembling light. The housing is polemer. When the USSS adopted the P90 they had them do an optic in a metal housing with a black reticle and tritium bars for low light. Although its considerably better than the original, I find it still lacking. Its just to small and a little low for my big head.

A friend of mine has one and the white reticle is almost impossible to see period. He put an EOtech on the top and that's a vast improvement.