Sign in to follow this  
Old School

The Realities of Life - Gun related

I had to cull through about a gallon and a half of range brass mostly 45acp that was my share from a match. Taking out the aluminum and steel cases I came accross some interesting things I would like to share.

#1 look what happens when you shoot 40 S&W in 45ACP

#2 a pierced primer from a HOT load in 40S&W fired in a GLOCK

Always be careful!!!

#4 and last, Wear safety glasses because these all came back to the firing line.

#3 a HOT Wolf load

I got tagged a few times with pieces of jackets at the indoor ipsc matches. Important not to turn around with your back to the firing line while BS'ing while live fire is going on.. (a piece could get behind the corner of your glasses).

Also got tagged with a large piece of fragmented bullet a few weeks ago. Hurt a lot, I thought I got hit for real. there was a about half a 9mm sized piece of metal stuck to my shirt.

Didn't break the skin, but gave me a small bruise. It was more scary than anything.

I'm pretty sure I did everything right.. trigger disipline, unloaded and cleared the weapon, then looked down..

Ah ok, thanks for sharing, Old School. I've been tagged before by splatter and ricochets, definitely not fun. Its the same reason why you'll never see me standing near a wall when rounds are going anywhere.