Regulator72

Thoughts on a safe..

Does anyone have first hand knowledge or experience with this safe? Reviews seem pretty good..

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11498662&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=13〈=en-US

I have nearly the same safe, only a bit narrower, and without an electronic lock (EX14). Similar deal from costco in April 2009. Shipping charges included in the price make it a good deal. It took a couple of weeks to ship from California. I paid the truck driver a few extra bucks to help me get the safe up the front steps and into the front door. I took it from there.

I'm very happy with it. Suits my needs perfectly. It's well-built, and the outlet is a great feature. I have a dehumidifier rod, and a 16" flourescent light plugged in. The shelf brackets are standard size, so it was easy for me to add an additional shelf myself.

I would say go for it and get the EX20. For the price, you really can't go wrong.

I was looking into a Liberty safe (still am actually) and it was big. Bigger than I would ever need but could also put other stuff in there. It was like 2100 installed. There was also a smaller one that was 30 guns, that was installed for 1600. The fire rating is importnat but I can't figure out where to put it.

I was thinking in my closet in the master bed room but was concerned about the weight.

Why do you guys need a safe? I just put all my loaded guns in my closet and shut the door ;)

That's a good idea as well, maybe ill put a combo lock and brass spindle handle on the closet and call it a day ;)

If anyone's looking for a smaller/midsize safe (10-14 long guns), Wal-Mart online has some good prices on the Sentry safes + 97 cent shipping!

Im not sure if its a sale or a mistake, but I see most other places selling these safes for about $150 more BEFORE shipping.

Here's the 10 gun version (Electronic Lock)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/SentrySafe-10 ... k/11064230

For some reason, the same one without the E-Lock is MORE expensive! :?: :?:

Here's the 14 gun version (Non E-Lock)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/SentrySafe-14 ... k/11064231

Like I said, I'm not sure if this is typical Wal-Mart pricing but the practically free shipping is a no-brainer if you're looking for one of this size.

They're not fire-resistant though, so keep that in mind.

I would get the largest you can afford. You may not think you need it, but they fill up quite fast. You can always put ammo in the extra space. A larger, heavier safe is more difficult to steal.

When you install it, bolt it to the ground and in a spot where its difficult to get pry bars on it.