civictuner04

range 14 7-18

Good meetin you guys.... didnt realize it was you. I was lookin for a green suburban.

Tony's Savage 17 is def smoother than the Mossberg, but it was probably twice the price so it makes sense. It has a smoother bolt and trigger. I think windage is dialed in pretty well on it... it was shooting low on paper at 100yrds. Lol... I guess you gotta keep track of all your fingers with that thing too when you are chambering one... oops! :oops: :oops: The M1A is nice... I love those peep sights. I bet that thing and the PSL chews up ammo like crazy. IDK about that TP9... looks freakin crazy but its HUGE! IDK what the advantages of it are over a normal large frame pistol. I'll stick to my pt99 :D The double barrel shotty pistol is def a little intimidating, but I think mostly cause the grip on it is so small you only get like two fingers on it. If you can actually get a handle on that thing I think it would be a lot more fun to shoot. I've held a Taurus Judge revolver... that feels like it would be pretty easy to keep control of.

The M44 did pretty well actually!! It shoots high and left right now. At 200 yards I was putting the front pin just under and to the right of the steel for a hit. At 100yrs its quite high. I guess I could file off some material a little off the bottom of the rear sight... get it to drop down a little bit. The front sight I think is adjustable... I gotta take a look and see if I can nudge it over a little.

Yeah, so that plate... just get yourself a 1/2" x 10ft piece of rebar. Bend it over and cut off about 3'~. Pick up like (4) 5/16" wire clamps and a 50' spool of (I think 1/8") cable. The cable is around 18 bucks, .60ea for the clamps, and 5 bucks for rebar. Bring all of the unused extra cable, the two extra clamps, and tools for repairs. You will break it especially with the scoped autoloaders. When you hit the target, the jacket and core blows up, shoots in a circle parallel with the plate, and cuts into the cable. I may switch to a grade 8 bolt or something like that and attach the cable on the back side. Then all you have to worry about is a direct bolt or cable hit. I may also drive up to my buddies house and have him mig weld on a couple of loops on the back side to attach cables.

Yeah, so that plate... just get yourself a 1/2" x 10ft piece of rebar. Bend it over and cut off about 3'~. Pick up like (4) 5/16" wire clamps and a 50' spool of (I think 1/8") cable. The cable is around 18 bucks, .60ea for the clamps, and 5 bucks for rebar. Bring all of the unused extra cable, the two extra clamps, and tools for repairs. You will break it especially with the scoped autoloaders. When you hit the target, the jacket and core blows up, shoots in a circle parallel with the plate, and cuts into the cable. I may switch to a grade 8 bolt or something like that and attach the cable on the back side. Then all you have to worry about is a direct bolt or cable hit. I may also drive up to my buddies house and have him mig weld on a couple of loops on the back side to attach cables.

Hey JD, where'd you get the idea for the plate setup? :)

IDK.... :lol:

I actually hit the rebar and almost cut it in half tho...LOL!! civictuner04 said he was buying one today after putting some rounds on it. He grabbed the M44 and put 4 out of 5 rounds on it... shoots it better than I do! :lol:

Next time you go, be sure to tell them you are shooting steel. After a couple rounds the guy made me run down, drag it back so he could look at it, then drag it all the way back out. He just wanted to make sure it was a not a fixed steel target... angled and swingers are ok.

IDK.... :lol:

I actually hit the rebar and almost cut it in half tho...LOL!! civictuner04 said he was buying one today after putting some rounds on it. He grabbed the M44 and put 4 out of 5 rounds on it... shoots it better than I do! :lol:

Next time you go, be sure to tell them you are shooting steel. After a couple rounds the guy made me run down, drag it back so he could look at it, then drag it all the way back out. He just wanted to make sure it was a not a fixed steel target... angled and swingers are ok.

I have some good nicks in the rebr, but fortunately no direct hits yet.

I had the same experience with the RO. I showed it to him after I was done shooting. He said to give him a "head's up" next time so he can check it out.

I may just take the extra rebar, bent it, and use some hose clamps or something to attach it to the top loop. That'll at least help prevent a direct hit from completely breaking the thing. Or, you can just bring extra rebar if you have a truck or something.

If you're looking for a more rugged alternative to the cable mount, you can bend some eye-bolts 90 degrees and they hold up to all the bullet splatter you can dish out all day long. You can even graze them and they still hold up, just keep a spare or two for good measure. I've been using my wideners plate now with my AR15 and my K31 and the bolts are holding up great. i suggest staking the nuts on the front side though as i found the splatter was gradually unwinding them even with locktite.

IMG_0305.JPG

just ordered some reloading stuff so my plate will have to wait. i may try to find someone local to make them for me to save heavy shipping charges. the tp9 and 410 derringer are definitely novelty pieces, i love the m1a, im a little frusterated(sp?) with the psl because even though i clean the shit out of it i still get rust spots from shooting corrosive ammo.