Malsua

Gun Control Advocates make up facts about Concealed Carry

It makes me scream each time I hear from some schmuck from Gun Control Inc(Brady) literally LIE on TV. It's maddening. They get up there and flat out LIE. Lie after lie after lie.

This is a good article.

http://biggovernment.com/jlott/2010/07/ ... dgun-laws/

----

People walking the streets armed with guns must be dangerous, right? The Brady Campaign and the Violence Policy Center keep claiming that even those individuals who have legally obtained permits to carry concealed handguns are extremely dangerous. With millions of Americans already having been issued such permits from the various states, this is an important issue.

concealed-carry-belt

The gun control organizations have frequently made these claims in the press. The Associated Press articles by Erik Schelzig and by Jim Abrams have given extensive, uncritical coverage. Members of the gun control organizations have made these claims unchallenged on such places as Fox News and on the Huffington Post. But the gun control advocates inaccurately describe many shooting cases, choosing to ignore that the majority of incidents involve people properly defending themselves.

Over the past three years, the number of active permit holders in the United States has gone from about 5 million to more than 6.2 million today. The numbers issued by the state regulatory agencies show time after time that these permit holders abide by the law.

Take Florida, which currently has the most concealed handgun permit holders in the country and is one of the two most populous states with right-to-carry laws. Between Oct. 1, 1987, and May 31 this year, permits had been issued to 1.8 million people. On average, the permits had been held for quite a long time, well over 10 years. For all those individuals across the more than 22 years of legal carry, there were only 167 cases where the permit was revoked for a firearms related violation, or about 0.01 percent of permit holders. While the state doesn

A Violence Policy Center project has mined news reports to find that more than 100 people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007...

This is the most telling part, in one of the articles referenced from the one you posted. The audacity to flat out state an organization with an agenda "mined news reports" for cases that support their position, and use this as a example to make the point, is ridiculous.

I can mine the news for cases proving Bigfoot exists and Elvis lives on Mars.

A Violence Policy Center project has mined news reports to find that more than 100 people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007...

This is the most telling part, in one of the articles referenced from the one you posted. The audacity to flat out state an organization with an agenda "mined news reports" for cases that support their position, and use this as a example to make the point, is ridiculous.

I can mine the news for cases proving Bigfoot exists and Elvis lives on Mars.

It goes as to how statistics lie and are misconstrued. For example, suppose you went to a wine tasting event, you had small sip of wine, elevating your B.A.C to .02, well under the legal limit. You're sitting at a traffic light and a perfectly sober Ahole falls asleep crashes into your car, gets ejected and dies. Did you know this is an alcohol related fatality? This same stretch of logic goes towards how anti-gun jackwads twist CCW and shootings. "3 people were shot today by a CCW holder"...and leave out "but he was defending his life from this gang of thugs".

Love the picture concealed-carry-belt.jpg

Say we aren't allowed to CCW, IF this picture was showing someone without a CCW, now you have a thug coming at you with a huge knife..niiiiiiiiice

oh yeah, I'll just wait for that stab wound to settle in and call an ambulance while I bleed to death. These people really need to get out of fantasyland thinking the world is all peachy.

Dumb fuks...

Say we aren't allowed to CCW, IF this picture was showing someone without a CCW, now you have a thug coming at you with a huge knife..niiiiiiiiice

oh yeah, I'll just wait for that stab wound to settle in and call an ambulance while I bleed to death. These people really need to get out of fantasyland thinking the world is all peachy.

Dumb fuks...

The only problem I have with that picture is that knife guy wins.

Dumb fuks...

The only problem I have with that picture is that knife guy wins.

He actually looks close enough in that picture that you would probably still get cut at least a little.

I was just down in FL for work - one of the guys that works down there has a CCW. You have to have training and pass a class in order to get your CCW. You also have to be of sound mind and have no criminal record. It's not that easy to get a CCW.

They also train you to verbally say that you are in fear of your life, so that everyone can hear.... and when you shoot them.... make sure you empty the gun... make sure they're down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill

21 feet or less, a motivated perp with a knife wins.

Mind you that's with hands at shoulder level. That guy has his hand on his firearm ready to draw. If he shoots from the hip and even manages to "wing" the aggressor, I think he would halt the attack. With that being said, when adrenaline is at max, who knows.

I was just down in FL for work - one of the guys that works down there has a CCW. You have to have training and pass a class in order to get your CCW. You also have to be of sound mind and have no criminal record. It's not that easy to get a CCW.

Well, I've got a FL CCW, so they must be crazy, unless it's a fake. I mean it is signed by Charles Bronson. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill

21 feet or less, a motivated perp with a knife wins.

nonsense..... he WILL probably get a piece of you yes, but the outcome isnt set in stone. Under 21' is considered Justification to use Deadly force..which means you SHOULD be able to employ that force. training training training. Block with your weak hand, take the hit there, while you're drawing and firing..if you cant get one off before he closes to contact distance.

They also train you to verbally say that you are in fear of your life, so that everyone can hear.... and when you shoot them.... make sure you empty the gun... make sure they're down.

They run classes up here to get a Fl Non-resident CCW Krd.

They run classes up here to get a Fl Non-resident CCW Krd.

Or you could just use a free hunter's ed class.