bulpup

France declares war

I get scared whenever I hear the French goes to war together with us against a common enemy. This is what I found when I googled French Military Victories. I have about half of them below.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library ... istory.htm

French Military History in a Nutshell

Gallic Wars: Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

Hundred Years War: Mostly lost, saved at last by a female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare - "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchmen."

Italian Wars: Lost. France becomes the first and only country ever to lose two wars when fighting Italians.

Wars of Religion: France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots.

Thirty Years' War: France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

War of Devolution: Tied; Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

The Dutch War: Tied.

War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War: Lost, but claimed as a tie. Deluded Frogophiles the world over label the period as the height of French Military Power.

War of the Spanish Succession: Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved ever since.

American Revolution: In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare: "France only wins when America does most of the fighting".

Ummm , havent we , meaning United States and its Allies , been at war against terrorists and al-qaeda for the last 9 years ??????? Thanks France for finally joining in , A** Holes !!!!!!!!

For France it is a very delicate topic. In particular because Arabs are the largest growing group, fastest growing religion, and if I am not mistaken, over 35% of the population is Muslim.

It's more like nearly 15%, but they comprise a majority in the French banlieues (i.e. their suburbs). These areas are high unemployment areas that breed bad behavior. Whenever you see video of riots in France, it is in these banlieues. Or it is lazy French works protesting a proposed 35 hour work week. Mon Dieu!

In France, they try to keep the cities nice and the suburbs are the dangerous ghettos.

For France it is a very delicate topic. In particular because Arabs are the largest growing group, fastest growing religion, and if I am not mistaken, over 35% of the population is Muslim.

Completly understood. They have a big issue with the arabs and the muslims, Algiers and all that.

But strikes me as particularly odd becuase they are declaring war on Al Queda, not Islam. This was the big PR thing for us forever due to the AQ spinmeisters et al. Even Northern Iraqis saw the relevence in fighting AQ.

Considering all the muslims I met and worked with in my life that abhore AQ, I think that France would have been very well served in fighting the fight without alienating the moderates.

Afterall, the moderates are going to be the key to victory AND peace.