Sign in to follow this  
Col. Mortimer

USPSA Match at Shongum, this Saturday 8/7

The August match is this Saturday, August 7th.

Pistol match is 110 rounds. Registration is 9:30AM. But if you can arrive early, help with setting up and packing up is always needed and appreciated. There will be a rifle side stage after the pistol match is packed up for those who wish to stay. It is 28 rounds and it will be time permitting. We will provide the score sheet and take payment at the start of the rifle stage.

If you plan to attend, reply to [email protected] and let him know by Thursday 8am. If you are new and need the safety briefing be there by 9am and see Karen, Ralph or Ron. If the match is cancelled for weather, Ron will send out an email notification around 5pm on Friday.

Shongum site for directions: http://www.shongum.org/ Be sure to bring water, sun block and a snack.

NOTE: Also, note possible RO class. Ron has approximately 20 folks interested. If you are please let Ron know. Ron is planning on an RO class the last weekend of October, 10/31 and 11/1. It will be run at Riverdale and it is two days: Saturday a full day in the classroom and Sunday a half day class plus range time and generally finishes mid afternoon. Class size has a minimum of 15. Priority will be given to first to reply that are Shongum or Riverdale members. After that, first to reply depending upon class size. Estimated cost is $55 per person, includes lunch on Saturday. Will need a commitment by payment in advance.

If interested reply to this email and let Ron Guman know you want to take the RO class. Ron will establish the list and send out details when we finalize. If he does not get a commitment of at least 15, the class will not be held.

Lots of fun and great weather!!!

It was great to be in your squad Ronnie!

Another great day.....

Saw once again quite a few guys having issues with "Race" guns...... and this time some of the "reloaders" had issues with squibs....

Who had the "issues" and what were they?

Saw once again quite a few guys having issues with "Race" guns...... and this time some of the "reloaders" had issues with squibs....

Who had the "issues" and what were they?

Ron Guman had numerous jams and a squib. The squib is an F.U. but the jams could be his recipe. Others and myself noticed his brass was thrown only a short distance. I know his load is WSF with a slightly below minimum charge. It makes power factor but it is a weak load. I think the other squib was Jim Hinton. I don't know what happened there but obviously he did not drop powder and missed it. This is why I say you have to check every round before you put the bullet on top.

Just asking because what you wrote made it seem like the people with the "race guns" and the "reloaders" were the ones who were having problems. Everyone else who did not run a race gun or reloaded, had no issues whatsoever.

Just asking because what you wrote made it seem like the people with the "race guns" and the "reloaders" were the ones who were having problems. Everyone else who did not run a race gun or reloaded, had no issues whatsoever.

It was just a general observation.....

I will just edit my post....

nice.

Great to see a few familiar names on that list!

NJGF represent. =)

Looking forward to my first USPSA match this Sunday at Old Bridge.

You are going to get so hooked...

nice.

NJGF represent. =)

Interesting statistics for the Shongum USPSA matches:

6/09 - 30 shooters

8/09 - 35 shoooters

6/10 - 40 shooters

8/10 - 44 shooters

NJGunForums effect?

nice.

NJGF represent. =)

Interesting statistics for the Shongum USPSA matches:

6/09 - 30 shooters

8/09 - 35 shoooters

6/10 - 40 shooters

8/10 - 44 shooters

NJGunForums effect?

Likely so. Nice.