petros600

7.62x25 --as low as $80.01 if you get three cases!

Nice!

Is that Russian or East German?

I think you're mistaking a Tokarev for a Makarov. Tokarevs are most commonly found in Romanian, Russian, Polish and Yugoslavian manufacture.

that said, i think the one in the pic is romanian due to the cocking serrations.

Nice!

I think you're mistaking a Tokarev for a Makarov. Tokarevs are most commonly found in Romanian, Russian, Polish and Yugoslavian manufacture.

that said, i think the one in the pic is romanian due to the cocking serrations.

Tokarev's were manufactured in many eastern block countries, including East Germany ...

Its a '53 cugir (Romanian) and I absolutly love it and believe its the best surplus pistol out there. The grips are from Marshal grips in budapest. He has a website but I cant find it right now (its saved at home) they were about 80-100 bucks after shipping. Worth it, they are gorgeous and they are wrap arounds. The original panels are somewhat small and fugly and my hands are somewhat large so it helps ergonomics AND looks 8-)

Come on, it's a 200 dollar pistol. I'll pass. Besides, for another 50 bucks you can get a used Ruger P85 in a real caliber with decent capacity.

:roll: Along the same lines as the Why Mosin thread. :roll:

I need to go do the math now and figure out if Tokarev ammo is Major or Minor power factor...

If we lived in a free society where you can just walk into a gunshop and go home with a pistol, then yeah go for it. But we don't. So I have to wait 30-90 days and pay 18 dollars plus 2 dollars for every permit and we have to space them out every 30 days then I'm not going to waste it on something like that. Unless it was historical value or is really old.

Why do people own and talk all this hoopla about .22LR pistols? This thing shoots a bullets many times more powerful than a .22LR and only twice the cost per round. The pistol IMHO is quite classy looking, GlennP's fits nicely in my hand with his grips, it feels "right", it has historical significance, it shoots cheap ammo, and its dirt cheap to buy! What's not to love about it? You are right... this is the Mosin Nagant of auto-loader pistols. Who here is buyin 12 pistols a year?

So I have to wait 30-90 days and pay 18 dollars plus 2 dollars for every permit and we have to space them out every 30 days

:roll: :roll: :roll:

My PD did not charge the 18 last time I put in for permits (yes I know this is not correct, but I'm NOT GOING TO COMPLAIN!)

under powered ha thats why the russians use this round against terrorists wearing lots of clothing or vests small hole yes but very deep penetration.Im using 1954 ammo 3rd case 1 stove pipe so Ill live with underpowered and unreliable as 2nd hd gun

Hey, whatever floats your boat guys. I guess I'm the "Shane545" in this thread. Hating on Euro left-overs!

Like I said, whatever floats your boat!

Obviously you love your Russian guns Glenn, so I understand your love affair with this pistol. Just like you love the AK, Mosin, Dragonov, RPG, and T74s!

I'm fair when it comes to owning different countries guns. Call me a traitor but I like this more than my american made 1911, I shoot my PSL more than my 2 garands, I shoot my mosin more than my m1917, I shoot my AK more than.... well, no I'll never own an AR :lol:

Hey, whatever floats your boat guys. I guess I'm the "Shane545" in this thread. Hating on Euro left-overs!

This is the zombie round when they are in full kevlar gear. Suppose your local survivalists with body armor and helmet gets bitten? What to do? Well, the 7.62x25 will perf their vests and helmets and penetrate to the brain stem. Any self respecting zombie hunter should have this round in their arsenal. It also barks nicely when you fire it.

This is the zombie round when they are in full kevlar gear. Suppose your local survivalists with body armor and helmet gets bitten? What to do? Well, the 7.62x25 will perf their vests and helmets and penetrate to the brain stem. Any self respecting zombie hunter should have this round in their arsenal. It also barks nicely when you fire it.

Yeah, and the shells ejects with such fury, that it acts as a secondary projectile! When I shoot at the left side of my range the brass sprays foward of the benches and all the way over to the right :shock:

Yeah, and the shells ejects with such fury, that it acts as a secondary projectile! When I shoot at the left side of my range the brass sprays foward of the benches and all the way over to the right :shock:

When I shoot my CZ-52 at pistol range at Cherry Ridge, they fly 2-3 ports over and into the parking lot. VERY energetic.

Nice!

Tokarev's were manufactured in many eastern block countries, including East Germany ...

Sure they did. :doh: :facepalm: i suppose they made them on the production lines right next to the lugers and p38's, right? :lol: