tbtrout

NJ LEGAL M1 CARBINE

Just wait until the NJSP makes a statement that all "Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms" are banned. :o

All SARs, AMDs, Saigas and WASRs fit that category. :facepalm:

Oh wait, they already are on the list. :doh:

Just say'n. It could happen. :hand:

Yes this gun is not legal yet. We recieved a call from the Lt. because we are one of the first dealers that are going to recieve these rifles. We have 8 waiting to be shipped. If you would like to buy one we will presell them pending approval from the state. If for some reason the state does not a approve them we will issue refunds.

Yes this gun is not legal yet. We recieved a call from the Lt. because we are one of the first dealers that are going to recieve these rifles. We have 8 waiting to be shipped. If you would like to buy one we will presell them pending approval from the state. If for some reason the state does not a approve them we will issue refunds.

Is it currently under review? Is there a timeframe for the decision?

It's going to be real fucking "funny" when they finish this review and announce that upon their review that all "types" are illegal in this same manner, and that all owners of such weapons have 30 days to remove them from the state, render them inoperable, or turn them in to NJSP :facepalm:

What brought about this about face??

Which about face? To say they are legal or now to say they are illegal?

I believe that a dealer or Kahr Arms inquired about the legality of their US Carbine #AOM140. The NJSP said it was legal, so they started shipping it to dealers.

Then, IMHO, the NJSP or NJAG got numerous calls to verify this, which then started the back peddling. The legality has been temporarily put on hold.

How long will it take to be decided? :sad-roulette:

There is no timeframe. The attorney general has to review it. Here is a copy of the email sent to me.

Dear (Dealer Rep.),

As per our conversation this morning, and in reference to the above

enumerated firearm manufactured and sold by Kahr, and with regards to an

e-mail sent by me to Brick Armory of New Jersey on August 13, 2010, and

forwarded to Frank Harris of Auto Ordnance by them as an authorization to

legally sell the AOM140 in New Jersey, please be advised of the following:

The AOM140 is identified byAuto Ordnance documentation and web site as an M1

Carbine. This type of firearm is specifically named under New Jersey's

criminal law as an "assault firearm." Further research shows that, while the

AOM140 fits none of the criteria as a "substantially identical" firearm, it

may very well nonetheless fall under the New Jersey State Statute assault

firearm named "M1 carbine type." You are therefore advised that you are not

to ship these firearms to retailers not specifically licensed to have them

in New Jersey, until such time as a legal determination is made as to the

specific rifle's "status."

Thanks for you cooperation.

David B. Schlueter

Lieutenant

Firearms Investigation Unit

Applicant Investigation and Compliance Bureau

Special Investigations Section

Investigations Branch

Division of State Police

Department of Law and Public Safety

(609) 882-2000 Extension 2555

The upside is when I talked to the LT. he said he was in favor of having this gun be legal in the State of New Jersey and he saw no reason why it shouldnt be. He also said he will be argueing in favor of it. So we will all have to sit back and wait to see what the AG says.

Bottom line is the gun is NOT "substantially identical" to any of the banned weapons and they are desperately trying to find any way possible to continue to justify keeping them banned. Why? I can't explain it; it is one of the most ineffective guns on the banned list in terms of its lethality.

I have been arguing that this gun is legal since IAI started making them in 1998 and have received every excuse from the NJSP from "its banned as a type" to "because the banned gun didn't have any evil features the clone doesn't need to have any features to be banned..." AO should sue them just like Colt and Springfield did as there is no legal justification to continue saying the gun is banned...

This is what happens when the Trenton Clowns write legislation without doing any research. The street sweeper..okay I get it. I don't agree with it, but I get it. I really think those morons meant to ban this:[attachment=0]mdtl_aom150.jpg[/attachment]

It's like trying to prevent people from keeping cougars as pets and instead of specifying cougars just banning all cats. :roll:

:teasing-smokingcrack: = NJ Legislature

So we will all have to sit back and wait to see what the AG says.

I am sure he will quickly see that it conforms and steadfastly agree with the fair minded Lieutenant. Should be no problem.

:?

Considering SHE is the one who stopped CMP Direct sales to NJ residents...what do YOU think??????

I am sure he will quickly see that it conforms and steadfastly agree with the fair minded Lieutenant. Should be no problem.

Considering SHE is the one who stopped CMP Direct sales to NJ residents...what do YOU think??????

I have already been corrected on the gender error, but thank-you. :(

And of course I hope you realize that my comment was pure sarcasm.

Although I agree with many of your assessments of this specific situation, and the NJ firearms laws in general, referring to our elected and law enforcement officials as "Clowns" and "Morons" does not help the cause. We had a win last week with the NJSP decision, but we weren't happy trusting information from our local FFL's whose business's depend on them knowing and staying in compliance with the law. We could not be patient enough to let our dealers confirm this ruling and had to flood the NJSP with calls and we are again unable to purchase a firearm that appears to be well within the law. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy!! **Let the flaming begin.**

Although I agree with many of your assessments of this specific situation, and the NJ firearms laws in general, referring to our elected and law enforcement officials as "Clowns" and "Morons" does not help the cause.

You mean those good intentioned folks who made it a felony to have AR-15 written on your AR-15? :roll:

We could not be patient enough to let our dealers confirm this ruling and had to flood the NJSP with calls and we are again unable to purchase a firearm that appears to be well within the law. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy!!

Can you please clarify these events?

Who called the SP? I would think buyers wouldn't because we knew it was legal. I would think it was dealers because they could have made a lot of money.

You give WAY too much credit to people Wolfy. This is EXACTLY the same kind of thing that killed CMP Sales. people calling and playing "Mother May I" instead of just trusting the damed FFL's in this case, and CMP's DECADES of shipping to NJ in that case.

Who called the SP? I would think buyers wouldn't because we knew it was legal. I would think it was dealers because they could have made a lot of money.

You give WAY too much credit to people Wolfy. This is EXACTLY the same kind of thing that killed CMP Sales. people calling and playing "Mother May I" instead of just trusting the damed FFL's in this case, and CMP's DECADES of shipping to NJ in that case.

Fascinating. But how could a phone call to verify a gun's legality change or jeopardize it's legality?

Or am I missing something overt here?

There is no timeframe. The attorney general has to review it. Here is a copy of the email sent to me.

Dear (Dealer Rep.),

As per our conversation this morning, and in reference to the above

enumerated firearm manufactured and sold by Kahr, and with regards to an

e-mail sent by me to Brick Armory of New Jersey on August 13, 2010, and

forwarded to Frank Harris of Auto Ordnance by them as an authorization to

legally sell the AOM140 in New Jersey, please be advised of the following:

The AOM140 is identified byAuto Ordnance documentation and web site as an M1

Carbine. This type of firearm is specifically named under New Jersey's

criminal law as an "assault firearm." Further research shows that, while the

AOM140 fits none of the criteria as a "substantially identical" firearm, it

may very well nonetheless fall under the New Jersey State Statute assault

firearm named "M1 carbine type." You are therefore advised that you are not

to ship these firearms to retailers not specifically licensed to have them

in New Jersey, until such time as a legal determination is made as to the

specific rifle's "status."

Thanks for you cooperation.

David B. Schlueter

Lieutenant

Firearms Investigation Unit

Applicant Investigation and Compliance Bureau

Special Investigations Section

Investigations Branch

Division of State Police

Department of Law and Public Safety

(609) 882-2000 Extension 2555

AO should immediately create an NJ compliant "ML Carbine" - part number AOML10, print up some manuals for the "ML Carbine" and post a web page on their site all about their new NJ compliant "ML Carbine" complete with a 15 rnd magazine... Hell I'd even offer a second model - part number AOML20 with a damned bayonet lug dangling from the front of the sum-bit out of sheer principle...

Although I agree with many of your assessments of this specific situation, and the NJ firearms laws in general, referring to our elected and law enforcement officials as "Clowns" and "Morons" does not help the cause. We had a win last week with the NJSP decision, but we weren't happy trusting information from our local FFL's whose business's depend on them knowing and staying in compliance with the law. We could not be patient enough to let our dealers confirm this ruling and had to flood the NJSP with calls and we are again unable to purchase a firearm that appears to be well within the law. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy!! **Let the flaming begin.**

I'm not referring to our LE officials just the elected officials who passed the do nothing legislation regulating "assault" firearms, as well as the legislators who continue to ignore the ban's ineffectiveness. Maybe subjective, vote hungry, liberal agenda pushing, arrogant, ignorant, ostentatious, and truth ignoring grandstander is a more accurate and PC description of the individuals in the NJ Legislature that I refer to. You're right I shouldn't insult morons and clowns by comparing politicians to them.

This is what happens when your Republican governor repays his constituents by nominating a liberal Democrat as his AG... Didn't see that one coming... :clap:

Fascinating. But how could a phone call to verify a gun's legality change or jeopardize it's legality?

Or am I missing something overt here?

To be blunt, it showed too much interest....Much like the CMP issue. If everyone had played cool for a couple of months, and these rifles gad gotten out there it would have been too late for them to do anything. All of the interest drew attention to the letter, and probably the guy who wrote it.