Radek

We should go all nuclear for energy independence

Well shooting them in to space would be ideal IF they could find a clear lane to shoot it through, but since NASA was changed into Muslim outreach, lets just let them shoot it over to the Middle East. Kill two birds with one stone.

:text-offtopic: at least partly :facepalm:

One thing i know for sure, the way some people drive here in Jersey ( and everywhere else), I don't ever want to see a nuclear powered car! I would go for nuclear powered charging stations to recharge electric powered vehicles.

One thing i know for sure, the way some people drive here in Jersey ( and everywhere else), I don't ever want to see a nuclear powered car! I would go for nuclear powered charging stations to recharge electric powered vehicles.

Charging stations are certainly an option, but that restricts mobility and range (and the wait to charge). Also, the huge number of batteries needed in the car makes it highly inefficient.

A mass produced (hence cheap in volume) nuclear powered mini-motor can be built such that it's deactivated (neutered) automatically on impacts. The drive-train is still electric and the motor would be completely separate unit that generates electrical power. Obviously, such a beast doesn't exist yet even in prototype stage, but it's a technology challenge and nothing more.

The key thing in all this is being bold, no risk no rewards ...

the only real problem with nuclear energy is cooling and disposal of the used up fuel rods..right now we bury the **** very deep under ground.. :doh:

we need to figure out a better disposal method or a way to use the old stuff..

Right now it's piling up at the plants that produce it. After gazillions of dollars Yucca Mt. is going nowhere.

The government has been taking your money for forty years through your electric bill to pay for long term storage, and they have completely dropped the ball.

American nuke plants are designed to create waste for reprocessing, the reprocessing part never caught on and weapons grade stuff was created in government reactors instead.

We can get this technology going, WT* we are Americans right? Who introduced the world to nuclear power?

It's not PC to like nuclear today but unless you get a P.C. that runs on ethanol or paraffin we are going to be screwed in this country if we don't wake people up.

(Whew, sorry)