71ragtopgoat

3 things you did not know about the Islam

I'm glad to see some listers found their balls and I'm not in this alone.

I see a pattern here. I post early in the moning, get beat down and by afternoon there's some posts that make sense.

Ciao brothers. Isn't freedom of speech wonderful?

I'm a Catholic but do not go to church nearly as much as I probably should.

I dont really believe much in religious institutions run by man. But am a firm believer in the good book. That introduction being said. I am very fearful of any hard core religious person. Because in there eye's anything they do is OK'd by god and we are all cattle. This was the justification or the Japanese who committed war crimes against it's neighbors and the allies many of which equal or maybe even surpass what the Nazi's did. Which the world knows was among the most horrific in modern times. They were fighting on the side of god and were absolved in any endeavor they took. We literally had to kill them into submission.

I feel we will have to do the same with radical Islam throughout the world and if not ever vigilant right here at home.

Part of being vigilant is understanding the foundation of which they work from.

Hence this post. More men were slaughtered in the name of religion then any other cause. I feel stopping this in it's tracks will be this American generations contribution towards world peace. Always remember we judge a mans actions to be radical not his religion.

And as far as some of the "religious persecution" crap being slung here (assuming it's not sarcasm), do we allow polygamy? Child marriages? How about male dominance over women?

Yes, we can easily find all of these in various Christian denominations. Male dominance over women is very common, the others are usually in fringe sects. Catholic women cannot become priests, ya'know?

Tolerance of intolerance is something I've never said or agreed with. I do believe that one should know the basis of his conflict before involving himself in said conflict, or he will fail every time.

The growing influence of Islam in American culture is worrisome, as I've been aware of what's happened in EUCOM and AFRICOM in the past few decades. I too agree that people must stand up for what this country was founded on and for. However, I do not want this country to fail where many civilizations have failed in the past-- only realizing their faults in hindsight. Knowing and respecting a culture/religion does not necessarily mean to sympathize or appreciate them. Instead, it is just as 'love' and 'hate' are often one in the same. To defeat an enemy that uses something as strong as belief as its tool requires an equal and as believable "belief" to counter. The "hearts and minds" concept is an old one, and is never given a fair chance because people oft revert back to simply thinking they can destroy something with sticks and stones.

As for peace and trying to quell violence (of any type), good luck. This species thrives on death, with an almost sickening obsession. Whether its any of our institutions (economic, military/LE, healthcare, etc), or the broad scope of the human species, one thing that will never go away is violence and death. I don't concern myself with trying to stop it-- I concern myself with deterring it from me and "my own."

I'm a Catholic but do not go to church nearly as much as I probably should.

I dont really believe much in religious institutions run by man. But am a firm believer in the good book. That introduction being said. I am very fearful of any hard core religious person.

I am also a Catholic who also does not attend church nearly enough. Been years, in fact. As well, I am neither far-right nor am I "hard core" religious. I pray at night, thank God everyday for my 6 year old, help people that need it and that's about it.

That said, I and most sane others do not want to see Islam accepted here in the US to the extent that we have Sharia courts established like they have managed to do in the in the now suicidally politically correct UK. Think it can't happen with the spineless, self-loathing, appeasing liberals we have in power right now?

We need to end this bullsh*t before it gets out of hand here as well. Period.

Jews were persecuted and are still in self defense mode in the middle east. Christianity has stayed the same. Islam is spreading by force, even non-violent force in the way of mass immigration in Europe,

I dont know about that. Catholics are getting slaughter an mass in the middle east,Africa,India and southeast Asia. I would say they are the most persecuted at this date in time. We dont see it on the news mush but if you look for it you will find it. Scores are killed whole villages wiped out. I even read an article on Christians being spat upon in Israel while walking to mass.

http://www.eutimes.net/2009/12/christia ... g-on-them/

you have to look at it based on ratios... thats like saying Labrador retrievers are killers because they are involved in the most dog bite incidents. When you consider there are like 2 labs/labmutts for any other kind of dog our there it makes more sense.

Jews were persecuted and are still in self defense mode in the middle east. Christianity has stayed the same. Islam is spreading by force, even non-violent force in the way of mass immigration in Europe,

I dont know about that. Catholics are getting slaughter an mass in the middle east,Africa,India and southeast Asia. I would say they are the most persecuted at this date in time. We dont see it on the news mush but if you look for it you will find it. Scores are killed whole villages wiped out. I even read an article on Christians being spat upon in Israel while walking to mass.

http://www.revisionisthistory.org/talmud1.html

What I meant was the recent persecution of Christianity is relatively new compared to Jewish history. They're even finding proof that some Indians had relics with ancient Hebrew on it, yet its been suppressed.

But in today's society, its perfectly ok to bash Christians. Even question Muslims and you're labeled intolerant. And who's slaughtering those in the middle east, Africa, India and southeast Asia?

Yes, we can easily find all of these in various Christian denominations.

You just made my point, as we do in fact persecute those extreme few that wrong in the name of religion here in America just like they do in most other civilized western nations. So no, everything does in fact not go in the name of religion and we are free to eliminate aspects of any which are deemed detrimental to society. Bottom line, you are either clearly out of your intellectual league here or simply just don't pay attention to the world around you.

There is no comparison to a woman not being a priest and a woman who cannot show any skin (except her eyes) or be alone with a strange man anywhere. One is trivial, the other is completely oppressive. And have you ever seen a stoning video, the penalty often paid in rural areas for such crimes?

There is no comparison to a Christian who vows acceptance of other faiths and a Muslim who vows to send all non-believers (Infidels) to their deaths.

There is no comparison to a smart bomb targeting militants which accidentally kills civilians and militants that deliberately target civilians. How about the Taliban throwing acid on girls as they try to attend school? Any of this going on locally that you know of, champ?

You are wrong. Your argument is ideological, baseless and borderline offensive. Learn about things before you discuss them, especially while among those that may have lost friends on 9/11.

Lastly, I know not all Muslims do these things. But their silence has demonstrated a disturbing level of complacency. Until that changes, I want as very few here practicing their hostile religion as possible.

Yes, we can easily find all of these in various Christian denominations.

You just made my point, as we do in fact persecute those extreme few that wrong in the name of religion here in America just like they do in most other civilized western nations. So no, everything does in fact not go in the name of religion and we are free to eliminate aspects of any which are deemed detrimental to society. Bottom line, you are either clearly out of your intellectual league here or simply just don't pay attention to the world around you.

There is no comparison to a woman not being a priest and a woman who cannot show any skin (except her eyes) or be alone with a strange man anywhere. One is trivial, the other is completely oppressive. And have you ever seen a stoning video, the penalty often paid in rural areas for such crimes?

There is no comparison to a Christian who vows acceptance of other faiths and a Muslim who vows to send all non-believers (Infidels) to their deaths.

There is no comparison to a smart bomb targeting militants which accidentally kills civilians and militants that deliberately target civilians. How about the Taliban throwing acid on girls as they try to attend school? Any of this going on locally that you know of, champ?

You are wrong. Your argument is ideologically baseless and borderline offensive. Lean about things before you discuss them, especially while among those that may have lost friends on 9/11.

Lastly, I know not all Muslims do these things. But their silence has demonstrated a disturbing level of complacency. Until that changes, I want as very few here practicing their hostile religion as possible.

+ 100000000

All Muslims may not be bad or radical, but personally, I still have ZERO respect for them.

Maybe only the VERY few who have stood up against the rest, but they are very few and far between.

call me what you want, I have NO use for them nor their non existent contributions to modern society.

Humans pervert Religion to fit their need at the time. I have been studying Religion for many years now, it fascinates me. I can tell you both past and current horrors/Dishonesties of Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Against their own religions and others. Religion is a contraversial subject that is personal to each individual and offensive to others. Reading everyones interpretations here is both funny and sad but I need a lot of space to type my observations.

The one thing I have learned is in Islam it is a constant, To Make the World Islam. That is their ultimate goal and I do not subscribe to the lack of tolerance demonstrated by Islam. Freedom of Religion is goes hand in hand with tolerance and respect, both are things that Islam lacks in its final solution. Islam may look peaceful on paper, but the Imans that lead are the ones who decide how the Koran is interpreted. Islam is a way of life, not a Hail Mary on Sunday to get away with bad behavior.

I believe BBK summed it up best.

, To Make the World Islam. .

Christianity has tried to do the same thing. Look at the Pacific Islands and South America.

I'm no fan of Islam, and I don't like how they carry themselves. But religion is a touchy subject.

I think people mix up their past and present when comparing religions. Our current culture of victimhood seems to excuse the abuses being inflicted by Islam today because of past abuses of Christianity towards Muslims and others.

I am not interested in comparing rap sheets. If I were, Christianity would probably have more blood on its hands overall (with Islam catching up fast and hoping to take the lead). What is important to me is what's happening now. I am more interested in battling nihilists who are nostalgic for their 13th century Caliphate rule (it's sad when the highwater mark of a civilization occurred 800 years ago) and wish to reduce much Western Civilization to radioactive ash. To the best of my knowledge, there are no Christian or Jewish groups with similar goals.

I know it is a small subset of the total Muslim population, but considering how little you hear from the majority condemning the minority's actions, I will take their collective silence as a nod of approval or at least assent. Maybe they are just worried about having their fuckking heads chopped off if they speak against them.

I know it is a small subset of the total Muslim population, but considering how little you hear from the majority condemning the minority's actions, I will take their collective silence as a nod of approval or at least assent. Maybe they are just worried about having their fuckking heads chopped off if they speak against them.

And there you have the problem, nice observation Chris

And there you have the problem, nice observation Chris

Unfortunitly, he's right.

...man we would be so well off without religion...

I still cant comprehend how so many people actually believe in all this hooplah

I believe in the lord, but I'm no bible thumper.

So thats where this forum is going?

Religious persecution?

As an American and a Jew, I am offended.

As a Christian and an American I am NOT offended! How is this "Religious Persecution"? Are there Jews and Christians blowing up innocent people? Are Jews and Christians offending Islam or continually appeasing them? How is Islam greeting Jews and Christians in the middle East and the West? I am offended by the world of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS! Christians and Jews are allowed to have a say in the protection and future of the Greatest nation on earth!!

Christianity has tried to do the same thing. Look at the Pacific Islands and South America.

I'm no fan of Islam, and I don't like how they carry themselves. But religion is a touchy subject.

Yeah, those EVIL Christians spreading help, hope and giving of their OWN time and resources....Christians the main group that fought and died for slaves and give without expecting anything in return. Yeah, it is so evil.

I guess it is more acceptable to blow people up, force them to practice and accept your beliefs, stone women and call people racist bigots if they disagree with you? Muslims the largest group of slave traders and 90% of their slaves died in the end.

Are you saying the two religions and beliefs are similar?

Yeah, those EVIL Christians spreading help, hope and giving of their OWN time and resources....Christians the main group that fought and died for slaves and give without expecting anything in return. Yeah, it is so evil.

I guess it is more acceptable to blow people up, force them to practice and accept your beliefs, stone women and call people racist bigots if they disagree with you? Muslims the largest group of slave traders and 90% of their slaves died in the end.

Are you saying the two religions and beliefs are similar?

Oh, lets forget about the "noble savages," and the great treatment they received on behalf of a certain religion.

Bah, I don't even care for this argument as its pointless and stupid. Religion is spiritual and inspiring for some; religion is a system of control for others (or its just a double edged sword regardless). Still, its a person's choice-- and saying/defending one's religion adamantly (to religious fervor-- not defending their religion [which is justifiable], different things), to me, is the same as pushing it on someone. A person should accept their belief(s), and good for them. Just stay off my lawn, and let me figure it out for myself.

ah, I don't even care for this argument as its pointless and stupid. Religion is spiritual and inspiring for some; religion is a system of control for others (or its just a double edged sword regardless). Still, its a person's choice-- and saying/defending one's religion adamantly (to religious fervor-- not defending their religion [which is justifiable], different things), to me, is the same as pushing it on someone. A person should accept their belief(s), and good for them. Just stay off my lawn, and let me figure it out for myself.

That's fine... figure it out for yourself. The thing that is of great concern is the BLATANT disrespect for the 1A. It is ok for people like yourself to tell Christians and Jews to shut up, be quiet and stay out of schools and our lives. Isn't that the opposite of OUR belief in the 1A? Does the Constitution state "Freedom FROM religion"? No, it is "Freedom OF Religion".

Once again, forcing you to believe? What? Yeah, teaching about morals, values, guidelines and giving to others is pretty offensive and should not be taught. Look at the breakdown of every society.. Remove God, morals, values, honor and society falls apart.

Bottom line: A few years ago I would simply let you speak your mind,let you bash Religion and go my merry way. However, Freedom is at stake and this government is OBVIOUSLY wanting to replace the one true God with Government. Not on my watch.... You may see Religion as the problem, but you think Government is the answer?

I'll stick to honor, morals and values from a source that has never changed through time. Can you honestly say that men, women and children have become more courteous, honorable, honest and giving over the last 40 years? Can you honestly say that society is better off being Godless? Really... you think so?

So we can trust and believe in what? Government? What... seriously? Why is Christianity so hard to "accept"? What's the big deal? teaching how to help, love, give charity and time to others... please tell me how that is bad?

I'm not saying you have to accept Christians or Jews or God I am simply trying to figure out why there is a "hatred"?

I believe in the lord, but I'm no bible thumper.

That almost makes it more incomprehensible. At least if you are a bible-thumper you can say you have taken an in depth look into religion, your position on it, and decided you believe. If you are just a casual believer its almost like saying you believe for the sake of believing.

Another thing that gets me is how does one choose a religion? I think most choose based on their upbringing. Whatever their parents believe in, they believe in. Shouldn't you take a step back, investigate ALL of the major religions, and decide for yourself? Why do so many people automatically assume their parents are right? That's definitely a hard question to ask most "religious people". Why do you follow a certain religion over another. I bet if you ask this simple question to a lot of people you will either get a hostile or completely confused response.

When in the hell did I tell anyone to shut up or bash a religion for that matter? I'm in the same boat as people who don't care for the religion system regardless of what they wear around their neck. Just because I don't necessarily believe in what you believe or note indiscretions (without an agenda), doesn't mean I hate whatever faith you are from. Don't do that-- its the same type of sh-t that politicians do, and its just mindless to broad stroke people like that.

People can preach where ever they want, whatever they want. They can do it in a building, on a street corner, or in a school-- I don't really care. But, in turn, don't be offended when I say I don't give two sh-ts and point out any indiscretions that the religion might have caused directly/indirectly. I've never been malicious in any of my posts, nor have I ever said that a religion shouldn't preach what they believe. The "stay off my lawn" statement directly infers my porch-- my home-- my domain-- castle, etc... aka, my intimate setting.

As for pointing out indiscretions, I'll do the same for any religion, any government, any program or system regardless. Why? Because while I do have my strong virtues and morals of my own precedent that I have created, they are not tied blindly so that I am led down some crappy path that many systems and programs have in the past. I stay true to those virtues, and through questioning the issue from any possible angle, true transparency is gained-- and the virtues and ways of life I live by are kept, for the most part, "black and white."

Your faith is not in the wrong-- never said that. So, don't assume something based on just your perception of the issue.

So we can trust and believe in what? Government? What... seriously? Why is Christianity so hard to "accept"? What's the big deal? teaching how to help, love, give charity and time to others... please tell me how that is bad?

I'm not saying you have to accept Christians or Jews or God I am simply trying to figure out why there is a "hatred"?

I trust myself, believe in myself, and am responsible for my own actions and future.

I didn't specify Christianity... I think ALL belief in a higher power is ludicrous. Its true that going to Church can teach help, love, charity, community, and honesty... but you don't need god to do that. You can be helpful, loving, give to charity, be honest, and be part of your community WITHOUT belief in god. That's called good parenting and being an upstanding citizen. I know people are scared of the future, scared of death, scared of the unknown. I'm scared of all that too, but I see why you have to push off responsibility for all that on to some unknown phenomenon. Ya know if I crash my car on the way to lunch and die... I did it. God didn't have a plan for me and all that hooplah. That's just BS you say to yourself to make you feel better and not worry so much.

What are we waking up to?

The threat of Islam...

Islam is not the threat, radicalized people who are lied to about their own religion by people of their religion. Who is the real infidel?

I am a Jew, my wife loves Jesus. I dont share that. We share alot together of religion, we never thought one religion is a threat. Radical Islam is a threat just like lack of knowledge and alot of Wikipedia to make your point.

Do you have an original thought? We are all responsible for our 'diet' of what we take in as individuals.