Col. Mortimer

USPSA Match @ Shongum,9/4 UPDATED WITH COOL VIDEOS!

From Ron Gumann: [[email protected]]

September match this Saturday September 4th.

Pistol match is 100 rounds. Registration is 9:30AM and help with setting up and packing up is always needed and appreciated. There will be a shotgun side stage after the pistol match is packed up for those who wish to stay. It is 17 rounds. All birdshot 71/2 or smaller. It will be time permitting. We will provide the score sheet and take payment at the start of the shotgun stage.

NOTE:

If you plan to attend, reply to this email and let Ron know by Thursday 8am. If you are new and need the safety briefing be there by 9am and see Ron. If the match is cancelled for weather, Ron will send out an email notification around 5pm on Friday and this post will report the cancellation.

Also, note possible RO class. I have approximately 20 folks interested. If you are please let me know.

RO CLASS NOTICE

Bump. Only two days away and weather is going to be nice. Come out to play!

OK, I am coming. did not get the email from ron, so I hope its not a problem to walk on.

Ill be there 8:30, gray G35 sedan with a dont tread on me sticker on the bumper.

See you tomorrow.

woohooo, my magazines are here.

So looks like at least 5 board members.

Mortimer, Luis, Ron, Vin, and myself

Sounds like a winning squad!!!

We are going to have some fun...

btw, guys, you seriously have to try this. Standing in a port and putting holes in paper is no where as fun, nor a challenge of skill as this.

thanks to ronhonda for the pointers.

I agree. Anyone can shoot paper standing still (almost anyone) Trying to shoot paper or stell as you are moving, under the pressure of a timer, with people watching, makes it more interesting.

Also for you zombie or SHTF group, this would be good practice for it. ;)

Maks first USPSA match...

hQxfP95MgvM

A3rqiEJi6DA

CfbDeyYp6tM

-22gVOMQlF8

ZYOalIbeV_U

Fz-jY1eNlvw

btw, guys, you seriously have to try this. Standing in a port and putting holes in paper is no where as fun, nor a challenge of skill as this.

thanks to ronhonda for the pointers.

That's what I've been sayin' Maks (pronounced Max).

Maks did great! More of us need to come out and participate in these matches. Its only 20 bucks if you join USPSA.

It makes standing in a port shooting seem like being in a really nice car that only stays in park and neutral.

These matches put your gunskills in DRIVE....

I would need a whole lot more practice before I join. I don't wanna embarrass myself after seeing Ray shoot at BH and Maks in that video.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and at every match I've ever shot at, everyone was very accommodating to new shooters.

Safety is the #1 priority. Keep your muzzle safe at all times.

Other than the few safety rules, the other rule is to have fun!

The only thing I don't like about matches is that they can get quite big and it can be a long time before it's your turn. But I guess that comes with the territory.

There were plenty of new shooters who were fairly new to handguns. Most of all, this makes you better. At no point was anyone pissed off at the newbies, and everyone was very very very helpful.

So if you were even considering it.... come out next time, all you need is a gun with at least 4 magazines. If you have a glock, that is fairly cheap. If you need one to borrow, someone should have one or just ask me, I have a browning high power with 4 mags that you can use.

Match fees are typically around 2 20 or so. If you join the uspsa for a year, 40 bucks, your first match is free.

Shongum made it awesome in that after the regularatch, they had a shotgun stage. They typically will do rifle too. Talk about fun stuff.