Sign in to follow this  
tony357

beaver run road course ss chevy cobalt.

that guy could NOT drive to save his life..... sorry if its someone you know....

don not know him, he posted on cobalt.net.. looks like that would be alot of fun..

I'd rather run NJMP.

will have to look it up and check it out..

looking into both of these beaver run is 180.00 with training. njmp is 500.00 still checking their website..

Gotta factor in the hotel, fuel to get there, trailer to get home if you break, food, drinks, etc. When it's all said and done the cost is about even.

Not to mention NJMP appears to have a much better track.

Gotta factor in the hotel, fuel to get there, trailer to get home if you break, food, drinks, etc. When it's all said and done the cost is about even.

Not to mention NJMP appears to have a much better track.

I was thinking about that, 40.00 in fuel to get their and 40.00 back hotel 120.00 and tolls would make it about the same..

question is which track would be better ?

I was thinking about that, 40.00 in fuel to get their and 40.00 back hotel 120.00 and tolls would make it about the same..

question is which track would be better ?

Beaver Run's one track:

map2_crop.png

NJMP available tracks:

NJMP-Aerial-Tbolt-track-9-28-08.jpg

Lightning-Aerial.jpg

In my worthless opinion, NJMP looks like it's the better track. I have not raced on either, though.

ive been on both NJMP tracks. dont look at the $500 price. if youre serious, look into a group that does track days at NJMP or other tracks. PDA, track daze, etc. most days ive been to cost 300 or so. for an even better deal, go to e-towns road course. 250 your first time, then 125 every other time. for the money and amount of track time you get, you cant beat it. plus its more centrally located to many people.

as far as the cobalt not being able to drive, if youve never been on a real track or even an autox, then most people have no idea how to drive a car at 10/10ths. it was obviously the guys first time, so how would he know where the apex is, where/when/how to brake, how much to hit the gas, etc. its better he learns on a track with an instructor then messing around on the street. where else would you go to learn? everyone is new at some point.

ive been on both NJMP tracks. dont look at the $500 price. if youre serious, look into a group that does track days at NJMP or other tracks. PDA, track daze, etc. most days ive been to cost 300 or so. for an even better deal, go to e-towns road course. 250 your first time, then 125 every other time. for the money and amount of track time you get, you cant beat it. plus its more centrally located to many people.

as far as the cobalt not being able to drive, if youve never been on a real track or even an autox, then most people have no idea how to drive a car at 10/10ths. it was obviously the guys first time, so how would he know where the apex is, where/when/how to brake, how much to hit the gas, etc. its better he learns on a track with an instructor then messing around on the street. where else would you go to learn? everyone is new at some point.

Echo, LMK when you plan on running etown again. I'd love to get some seat time on their road course in the vette.

Echo, LMK when you plan on running etown again. I'd love to get some seat time on their road course in the vette.

I'll be there october 16th for the autox on the roadcourse with my s2000. 50 bucks for probably 5-10 runs depending on how many people, always a good time.

The driver looked like he was doing a pretty dam good job for his first time and the instructor has got to have a big set of balls to sit in the passenger seat with a new driver going that fast. Looks like it would be a lot of fun to do.

One of the driving courses I did for my EP training in evasive / security driving was at Bill Scott Raceway on this track. We ran the track in Crown Vics and Impalas which was fun as hell. At the end of the day, we got to ram, push and essentially do some demolition derby type of stuff as part of the training. I'm not sure what was more fun, doing J-turns, boot-legs, high speed or crashing stuff. Driving and shooting are some fun things to do. I love training.

http://www.bsr-inc.com/about-bsr/driving-facilities

http://www.summitpoi...&id=6&Itemid=23

I have run Beaver run many times on my bike. Very fun course. NJMP Thunderbolt is ok, and it is close but I don't love it. VIR North is incredible but 8 hours away. If you get a chance check out this track. It is awesome and in a beutiful part of Ontario.

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/

3 mile track 20 turns.

This guy ran his cobalt ss at beaver run with an instructor, pretty awsome vid. May have to make a road trip and give this a go..

http://www.beaverun.com/thrills_test_drive.php

LOL Guy's 64 with a Cobalt SS... I love it! My wife makes fun of my fat 40+ year old a** with a Cobalt SS... Have to admit my SS would eat that car for dinner tho... :)

LOL Guy's 64 with a Cobalt SS... I love it! My wife makes fun of my fat 40+ year old a** with a Cobalt SS... Have to admit my SS would eat that car for dinner tho... :)

Don't feel bad, my father drives my highly modifided honda s2000 and he's in his 60's. Kids will drive up next to him and give the WTF look when they see who's driving lol.

Don't feel bad, my father drives my highly modifided honda s2000 and he's in his 60's. Kids will drive up next to him and give the WTF look when they see who's driving lol.

I have done some work to my SS, GM Stage II, extra heat exchanger, Injen intake, SLP shorty header, ZZP 3" down pipe with high flow cat, Magnaflow exhaust and had Matt at Tune Time dyno tune it... The car was rated at 205hp/200ft lbs from the factory, last it was on the dyno it put down 262whp/224ft lbs to the wheels... Best part is I went from 26mpg highway (factory rated at 29mpg) to 33mpg highway... And I drive 75mph-85mph routinely... I can't tell you how much I love that super-sipping little rocket...

I have done some work to my SS, GM Stage II, extra heat exchanger, Injen intake, SLP shorty header, ZZP 3" down pipe with high flow cat, Magnaflow exhaust and had Matt at Tune Time dyno tune it... The car was rated at 205hp/200ft lbs from the factory, last it was on the dyno it put down 262whp/224ft lbs to the wheels... Best part is I went from 26mpg highway (factory rated at 29mpg) to 33mpg highway... And I drive 75mph-85mph routinely... I can't tell you how much I love that super-sipping little rocket...

Nice,

My s2000 stock put out 198hp and 137tq. With the addition of a big a** turbo (and bunch of other goodies), she now puts out 505hp and 320tq to the wheels :). Fastest time on street tires has been a high 11 and fastest on drag radials has been a 10.9 at etown. However, I don't drag race much anymore. I've added an oil cooler in hopes to get on some real "tracks" again like etown roadcourse and NJMP in south jersey :D. As far as gas mileage goes, usually I get 18mpg but if I do all highway I get over 30 suprisingly.

She also looks the part with CF goodies all over....so you can imagine the looks my 65 year old father gets LOL.

I'll def be at etown on the 16th. I've already requested not to work OT that day, plus a few of my friends might be coming. I'm not expecting to break any records since I don't feel like dropping 1k on 4 autox race tires, so it'll just be a fun event of going sideways, tire smoke, and flames out the rear :D