jermz1987

NJ Legal?

The 16" barrel on the mechtech makes it legal I believe. But adding that other thing to a glock makes it a SBR which you need a tax stamp for. In this state SBR's are verboten.

No one even noticed that the website "CAA Tactical" is a foreign website, the prices are in Euros, and they will not ship that kit to the USA. They sell these in other countries where there is no such thing as "SBR" "SBS".

Also, that MechTech thing looks like an NFA violation waiting to happen. I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole. You can turn your pistol into a rifle but I'm pretty certain you cannot turn your rifle into a pistol without the proper tax stamp. That would make disassembly of your "MecTec" a felony unless I am mistaken.

Anytime the manufacturer states "as we understand it" on their website, means keep the fugg away. I don't know much but I do know that you do NOT want to play word games with a certain five-letter federal agency.

No one even noticed that the website "CAA Tactical" is a foreign website, the prices are in Euros, and they will not ship that kit to the USA. They sell these in other countries where there is no such thing as "SBR" "SBS".

Also, that MechTech thing looks like an NFA violation waiting to happen. I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole. You can turn your pistol into a rifle but I'm pretty certain you cannot turn your rifle into a pistol without the proper tax stamp. That would make disassembly of your "MecTec" a felony unless I am mistaken.

Anytime the manufacturer states "as we understand it" on their website, means keep the fugg away. I don't know much but I do know that you do NOT want to play word games with a certain five-letter federal agency.

and who will be witnessing this "felony"?

and who will be witnessing this "felony"?

Nodonut... this is the third post where your input has been less then helpful. Judging by your commentary and your avatar you seem to wish to engage in some sort of confrontation with people on this forum. My suggestion is to make a decision whether you would like to be a contributing member of this forum or go somewhere else.

Nodonut... this is the third post where your input has been less then helpful. Judging by your commentary and your avatar you seem to wish to engage in some sort of confrontation with people on this forum. My suggestion is to make a decision whether you would like to be a contributing member of this forum or go somewhere else.

X2... Back to the subject at hand, is it an offense if said gun is registered as a pistol, then the kit is bought after???

Because you have a registered handgun with the state so it's not like taking an unregistered pistol caliber carbine and saying I think I wanna shoot this as a handgun today (btw I'm not talking about the SBR kits, I'm talking about an NJ Legal one)