Sign in to follow this  
elmo iscariot

Henry rifles

I'm sure this is kids' stuff for people with rimfire rifle experience, but I have no rifle experience period. :)

I'm considering a rimfire rifle to start getting the feel for rifle shooting at my indoor pistol range, and the Henry looks like a winner. The price is right, I love the lever action, and I like how compact it is. I haven't gotten to handle one yet (so that may obviously sour the deal), but in theory it looks just right.

Any opinions? How's the quality of Henry rifles? Any reason I should stay away?

Thanks.

Guest HuntingPaper

I own a 22lr Frontier with octagonal barrel and I love this thing!

Highly recommended!

I've met the owner numerous times and I own a lever action 22. He's literly down the street from my home. I had an issue with mine (previous owner thought he was a gunsmith, but wasn't), and he took care of the issues no questions asked. And gave me a case to boot!

Not to put up a trick question (but it is tricky :icon_e_confused: ):

A Henry Lever Action .22 can hold 15 rounds of .22LR, but 21 rounds of .22S ... It then has the capacity for more then 15 rounds. NJ Legal?

It will be until someone who can change the law reads this.

1) The 15 round limitation only applies to semi-autos and detachable magazines

2) The Henry's are good rifles and lever actions are fun. I have a .22WMR lever and a .22LR pump.

Get the new model with the bead sight, it is better than the old plastic combo band and sight which was too wide. I installed a peep sight and front bead on the pump. My aging eyes aren't good with open sights anymore. I had Marco at Paterson Gunsmithing put a tang sight on the lever action. Henry has the best customer service you can ask for. If there is anything wrong with the rifle, Henry will send you a mailing label to pay for shipping to the factory, no questions asked. Go to rimfirecentral.com and read the Henry forum. The President of the company posts his email. Everyone raves about customer service. Anthony will do what it takes to make you satified.