vladtepes

US Economy (not political)

With regard to false documentation...etc. I don't think you have been to China.

I haven't been to China in some time but have seen and dealt with false documents from just about everywhere. I am well aware that once you get out of the US, Canada, and Western Europe everything, not just import/export, gets done with a bribe. Bribing someone overseas to get something done has nothing to do with filing a false declaration by the importer. Money laundering is money laundering and from what you described there is nothing to blame on the Chinese only "your agent", who may be Chinese. There are plenty of people in prison in the US, who belong there, who are there because they "were only doing business the way they do" in and with other countries.

The averg income I posted is text book. It is an avg of all incomes. It will be skewed higher by the JP Mogans and Rockafellars of the day.

I'm not taking time to research your claim but all of which shows you really need to select what type of figures you choose if you want to truly represent something. As a CFO I'm sure you are aware of how numbers can be juggled.

Just to be clear... I was not advocating any false filings or trying to justify it. I was just giving an explantion to a direct question to explain the apearence of a trade imbalance. Beyond that, every businessman can weigh the risks and rewards for himself.

http://fee.org/library/books/economics-in-one-lesson/

Read that. You will understand.

The fact is that for every 1 US Dollar that gets sent out of the country, there must be 1 US Dollar that comes back in, at some point. The only question is where and to whom those rebounding dollars go... and for that, you'd have to turn to politics, which we will not do.

[Disclaimer: The comment below is meant as constructive criticism, though it doesn't sound like it, and may be applied to anyone who wants to be taken seriously in any forum, online or off.]

To some people who have been posting here who claim to have held executive positions, it would help your credibility if you spelled simple words correctly. (Look up lose versus loose.)

To some people who have been posting here who claim to have held executive positions, it would help your credibility if you spelled simple words correctly. (Look up lose versus loose.)[/size]

I stated I was typing on a cell phone when I made the comments. I did not have the benefit of an edit option.

The fact is that for every 1 US Dollar that gets sent out of the country, there must be 1 US Dollar that comes back in, at some point.

As I mentioned earlier, there are more US dollars outside the US then inside. The reason is not just tax issues but also sheltering money from litigation. Almost every businessman in the US seems to have at least 2 lawsuits pending against him. Prior to 2000 the Cayman Islands was the hotspot for burring ones treasure. The Island had about 50k residents and 500 banks. Those banks were not for the locals to store their pineapples. By the late nineties the Caymen Islands got a little too cozy with the US govt and businessmen started taking their money elsewhere. The Caymen Islands still remains one of the top banking centers in the world. If all that money came back into the US in a short amount of time you would have inflation like has never been seen in US history.

Detailed Explanation modern Monetary systems and how they work.

Watch all 5 parts. It gets very interesting in part 2.

It very oversimplified but the general idea is there... It is a better explanation then I could ever write out.

After you watch first part, look the rest of the parts. I tried to post all links but this board does not allow it.

After you watch these, if you are still interested, watch these (2 parts):

Look for part 2.

I do not agree with the narrators conclusions, but the videos do an excellent job of explaining how the system works. One you guys have the knowledge of how modern monetary systems work, we can discus it.