Frank Jack Fiamingo

*** FOR MICHAEL PATRICK CARROLL ***

I just received the following information in an email from Michael Patrick Carroll. Most of us know MPC as the BEST FRIEND the NJ gun owner has in the NJ Legislature. He is working for *US*. Now we have to do something for both him, and ourselves. Please read the following information. Then write your *OWN* "pen and paper" letters to each of these committee members ASAP. He wants these letters on their desk BEFORE he meets with them. THIS IS IMPORTANT. If you want CCW, then *DO* *THIS*! Don't put it off. This is the SINGLE most important thing we can do RIGHT NOW to get our rights QUICKLY! MPC's letter follows:

"Recently, Isent the following letter to the Chairman of the New Jersey AssemblyLaw and Public Safety Committee:

Hon. GordonJohnson

545 CedarLane

Teaneck,New Jersey 07666

Re: A-1384

DearChairman Johnson:

Shortlyafter my election to the Legislature in 1995, I introduced the predecessor ofthe above-cited Bill. Same was referred to this Committee, as has beenevery subsequent incarnation thereof, where it languished.

In light ofthe recent decision by the United States Supreme Court in McDonald, thereexists essentially no doubt that many of New Jersey’s draconian restrictions onthe fundamental right to keep and bear arms will not survive a legal challenge. As a result, New Jersey has essentially two choices: legislatively respect theconstitutional rights of its citizens, or face the inevitability of beingcompelled to do so by the judiciary.

Theconsequences of legislative inaction – leaving aside the denial of fundamentalconstitutional rights – could be hugely expensive for the taxpayers. Litigation is, as you know, very costly and, since the plaintiffs are almostcertain to prevail in a challenge, they would likely be entitled to an award ofcounsel fees in addition to invalidating NJ’s unconstitutional laws.

Irespectfully request, then, that the Chairman schedule the above proposal forCommittee consideration with all deliberate speed.

Respectfully,

MichaelPatrick Carroll

As you havewritten me in favoring Second Amendment rights, let me ask you a simple favor:

Write tothe committee chairman, as well as each member of the Committee, respectfullyrequesting that this measure be posted. In order to maximize the impact,I ask you to do it via snail mail (we old folks tend to respect paper more thanelectrons). Use your own language so that it cannot be dismissed as aform letter. Ask each of them to respond to you, in writing, respectingtheir position.

Already,some Members of the Majority see the handwriting on the wall. Senator VanDrew recently introduced a concealed carry law. Although it needs work –the fees are unconscionably high and the training requirements disconcertinglyvague – it represents a welcome step in the right direction. Now is the time topress for true reform.

Theaddresses of the other committee members are here:

Assemblyman Nelson T.Albano

21North Main St.

CapeMay Court House, NJ 08210

Assemblyman Jon M.Bramnick

251 North Ave. West2nd Floor

Westfield, NJ 07090

AssemblywomanElease Evans

100Hamilton PlazaSuite 1400

Paterson,NJ 07505

AssemblywomanAmy H. Handlin

890 Main St.

Belford, NJ 07718

Assemblyman Paul D.Moriarty

129Johnson RoadSuite 1

Turnersville,NJ 08012

Assemblyman David P.Rible

1955 Highway 34Bldg. 2A

Wall Township, NJ 07719

AssemblywomanL. Grace Spencer

223 Hawthorne Ave.

Newark, NJ 07112

Assemblyman Gilbert L."Whip" Wilson

AudubonCommons Shopping Center

130Blackhorse Pike1st FloorSuiteD-3

Audubon,NJ 08106

Together,we can bring New Jersey into the mainstream of America once again.

MichaelPatrick Carroll"

I just received the following information in an email from Michael Patrick Carroll. Most of us know MPC as the BEST FRIEND the NJ gun owner has in the NJ Legislature. He is working for *US*. Now we have to do something for both him, and ourselves. Please read the following information. Then write your *OWN* "pen and paper" letters to each of these committee members ASAP. He wants these letters on their desk BEFORE he meets with them. THIS IS IMPORTANT. If you want CCW, then *DO* *THIS*! Don't put it off. This is the SINGLE most important thing we can do RIGHT NOW to get our rights QUICKLY! MPC's letter follows:

"Recently, Isent the following letter to the Chairman of the New Jersey AssemblyLaw and Public Safety Committee:

Hon. GordonJohnson

545 CedarLane

Teaneck,New Jersey 07666

Re: A-1384

DearChairman Johnson:

Shortlyafter my election to the Legislature in 1995, I introduced the predecessor ofthe above-cited Bill. Same was referred to this Committee, as has beenevery subsequent incarnation thereof, where it languished.

In light ofthe recent decision by the United States Supreme Court in McDonald, thereexists essentially no doubt that many of New Jersey’s draconian restrictions onthe fundamental right to keep and bear arms will not survive a legal challenge. As a result, New Jersey has essentially two choices: legislatively respect theconstitutional rights of its citizens, or face the inevitability of beingcompelled to do so by the judiciary.

Theconsequences of legislative inaction – leaving aside the denial of fundamentalconstitutional rights – could be hugely expensive for the taxpayers. Litigation is, as you know, very costly and, since the plaintiffs are almostcertain to prevail in a challenge, they would likely be entitled to an award ofcounsel fees in addition to invalidating NJ’s unconstitutional laws.

Irespectfully request, then, that the Chairman schedule the above proposal forCommittee consideration with all deliberate speed.

Respectfully,

MichaelPatrick Carroll

As you havewritten me in favoring Second Amendment rights, let me ask you a simple favor:

Write tothe committee chairman, as well as each member of the Committee, respectfullyrequesting that this measure be posted. In order to maximize the impact,I ask you to do it via snail mail (we old folks tend to respect paper more thanelectrons). Use your own language so that it cannot be dismissed as aform letter. Ask each of them to respond to you, in writing, respectingtheir position.

Already,some Members of the Majority see the handwriting on the wall. Senator VanDrew recently introduced a concealed carry law. Although it needs work –the fees are unconscionably high and the training requirements disconcertinglyvague – it represents a welcome step in the right direction. Now is the time topress for true reform.

Theaddresses of the other committee members are here:

Assemblyman Nelson T.Albano

21North Main St.

CapeMay Court House, NJ 08210

Assemblyman Jon M.Bramnick

251 North Ave. West2nd Floor

Westfield, NJ 07090

AssemblywomanElease Evans

100Hamilton PlazaSuite 1400

Paterson,NJ 07505

AssemblywomanAmy H. Handlin

890 Main St.

Belford, NJ 07718

Assemblyman Paul D.Moriarty

129Johnson RoadSuite 1

Turnersville,NJ 08012

Assemblyman David P.Rible

1955 Highway 34Bldg. 2A

Wall Township, NJ 07719

AssemblywomanL. Grace Spencer

223 Hawthorne Ave.

Newark, NJ 07112

Assemblyman Gilbert L."Whip" Wilson

AudubonCommons Shopping Center

130Blackhorse Pike1st FloorSuiteD-3

Audubon,NJ 08106

Together,we can bring New Jersey into the mainstream of America once again.

MichaelPatrick Carroll"

OK guys, I might have been a little OVER zealous about "pen and paper". Please feel free to write them on a computer. What I MEANT to emphasize is - MAIL them by snail mail rather than email. They make a MUCH bigger impact that way. It is too easy to dismiss emails. Thank you.

I, too, am on his mailing list. My letters are done and the mailman just picked them up. With word processing and a little cut & paste, you can do all nine letters in under 30 minutes. Nothing wrong in mailing the same letter to all members of the committee, just be sure they are your words, and, as MPC said, snail mail has more impact. So get crackin'

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I totally Agree, Pizza Bob.

Mark, I don't know how he got your email. Perhaps you wrote to him at some point. The one thing I *CAN* promise you is, *WE* don't give out any email addresses.

Probably from NRA or ANJRPC. I wasn't suggesting it was you.

I'll try to put something together this weekend and send it off.

-Mark

kinda short but what do you think?

To the law and public safety committee,

RE: Carrying Permits

I am here writing this letter today not because I want to or because I don’t have anything better to do. I am sitting here typing up this letter so that you will know my feelings on the current lack of fundamental rights here in New Jersey. I have sent many letters too many elected officials and have taken a lot of time out of my personal time off of work to do extra work so that our elected officials will see the light on issues pertaining to the right to keep and bear arms.

In the many years I have been a recreational firearm user, I have come to learn many of the restrictions that we face here compared to other states. It is not only unfair to restrict us our rights and claim it’s safer, but in fact many studies have proven just the opposite. Arguing points like criminals will be able to carry guns legally if this law is passed, again not true. There are laws already on the books that felons cannot even own a firearm let alone carry one.

We are all given the knowledge of what’s right and what’s wrong, In my book denying law abiding citizens from defending themselves is wrong and unconstitutional. I just want to let the committee know that I am for carry permits being issued to law abiding citizens and I would be fine with having to take a class to meet the requirements. I would also pay a small fee (probably not $500.00) but $100.00 for 3 years sounds reasonable. This would be on top of the normal background check, fingerprints, FID card, permits ect.) already in place.

I would like to thank you for considering this letter which I have written and hope to see a positive reaction from our committee persons.

Sincerely,

Chris *******

Monmouth County Resident

Chris, i comes from you, so it is GREAT! It is always best to express yourself in the way you feel most comfortable. Personally, I would eliminate the part about being willing to take training, and pay a fee. I would also change "committee persons", to "committee members", but that's just me. If you don't mind, I would like to insert a few commas. I may not be correct about EACH placement, but I do think some are needed. I also made a few changes that you are welcome to ignore. :-) Please review below, and make your own decision, of course:

I am writing this letter today, not because I want to, or because I don’t have anything better to do. I am typing up this letter so that you will know my sincere feelings, on the current lack of fundamental rights, here in New Jersey. I have sent many letters to many elected officials, and have taken a lot of personal time off from work, to try and insure that our elected officials will see the light, on issues pertaining to the right to keep and bear arms.

In the many years I have been a recreational firearm user, I have come to learn of the many restrictions we face here, compared to other states. It is not only unfair to restrict our rights and claim it’s safer, but it is incorrect. In fact many studies have proven just the opposite. Arguing that criminals will be able to carry guns legally, if this law is passed, is simply not true. There are laws already on the books, prohibiting felons from owning a firearm, let alone carry one.

We, as individuals, have a right, duty and responsibility to decide for ourselves the proper way to live as free person. In my book denying law abiding citizens from defending themselves is wrong and unconstitutional. I just want to let the committee know that I am for the provisions contained in Assembly Bill A1384. Everything necessary to respect a citizens right to protect themselves and their families, and to keep the public safe is outlined in that legislation.

I would like to thank you for considering this letter, and hope to see a positive reaction from our committee members.

BTW, please allow me to take a moment to put on my hat as assistant to the Fund raising Committee. BELIEVE me, I appreciate everyone's efforts on getting these letters out. This is GREAT work, and we plan to do MUCH more of it. All of us on the board, and all the members are carrying most of the costs of running the organization. We have had some of you become members, and pay your dues, but if you haven't joined or donated, I am asking you to consider it. We are doing important work, but we can do more. We need to pay for larger and larger spaces as the number of people attending our events grow. We want to continue to bring you EXCEPTIONAL speakers, and run other more family oriented events, but we do need your support. I am not asking for a lot. It is only $25.00 a year to become a member. Of course, it would be great if you can do more. We kept the dues low so that most people could afford to join. Frankly, even if you can't attend any meetings because of geography, your membership will STILL count. It will strengthen our voice, and give us more street cred. We are a VERY young organization, (well, not *ME*, but the club. :-) I am EXTREMELY proud of the accomplishments we have made in such a short time. If you agree, PLEASE, I am asking you to support us, and to help us build a war chest.

OK, that is enough begging. :-)

I appreciate all the efforts of all the people who have been doing their part.

You guys are *FANTASTIC*! Keep it coming! Can you TASTE it yet? *I* can. if we can get these letters out, MPC can put the pressure on to get the bill out of committee. Senator Sweeney will NOT stop it. And if the Democrats are smart, they will pass it. If not, we know who to put out of office, so the NEXT bunch *WILL* pass it. :-) For the FIRST time in a LONG time, I feel like *WE* (meaning the legitimate gun owners of NJ), are in the catbird seat (yeah, I have no idea where that phrase comes from either)... :-)

I am going to have to email them because I am offshore right now. Is this for only concealed carry only or does it pertain to other issues also? Personally I am itching for the assault weapons ban and pistol permits to dissapear.

Eric, trust me, we are working to repeal all of the IRRATIONAL laws imposed upon NJ citizens. This particular bill *IS* specifically about the right to carry. Here is the link to the actual bill:

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2010/Bills/S0500/69_I1.PDF

It is worth reading. The parts you want to look at are the CHANGES. They are clearly marked. THAT will tell you all you need to know about this bill.

Right now, this is the campaign we are working on. I don't want to dilute our efforts by trying to do too much at once. I would rather generate a LASER FOCUS on one problem at a time, and succeed, then spread ourselves too thin, and not accomplish our goals. We WILL attack the "assault" weapons bill, anything more than a NICS check to carry, OGAM, and all the OTHER irritants imposed upon us. But as the wicked witch said, "All in due time", or maybe that was my mother....... :-)