Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

Egg harbor shooter. Arsenal?

Link to story

If you read the story the guy only had a few guns and a couple of boxes of ammo. They are calling it an arsenal. Thats nuts. I gotta say when I read the 9 comments so far that common sense does seem to prevail in all cases but the first poster who got her post removed anyway.

Along with the "arsenal" comment, something else bothered me....

Authorities said Craig Mueller legally possessed the AR-15 and a couple more rifles and boxes of ammunition that were found in his home, but details were not available about how he came to possess them.

If he legally possessed the firearms and ammo, why does it matter how he obtained them?

That's funny.. I don't see "AR15" anywhere on the list.. wonder where they came up with that..

articles like this do exactly what they are meant to do.. and that is make normal every day people think that people like us are crazy.. the media's job is not to inform.. it is instead to sell.. make money.. and be as over the top as possible while doing it..

journalistsguidetoguns1.jpg

• Like 1

Authorities said Craig Mueller legally possessed the AR-15 and a couple more rifles and boxes of ammunition that were found in his home, but details were not available about how he came to possess them.

details?...yeah...we went into a gun store filled out the required forms , then gave the store some money and bought them....

• Like 1

The interview with the woman was great. "It had to be one of those where you just squeeze the trigger and it keeps going" "nobody could pull the trigger that fast"..

I love when people who know absolutely nothing about guns talk like they do, from their infinite experience with TV firearms.

details?...yeah...we went into a gun store filled out the required forms , then gave the store some money and bought them....

Or met a complete stranger, filled out a CoE,showed FID and DL, completed transaction, and went on his way. Doesn't really matter how. It was legally possessed.

this would've been even more sensational if it was an AK-type rifle. they'd be all over it. "assault rifle" "soviet military-style" "AK-47"

and that was my favorite comment from someone who probably never ever squeezed a trigger: "It had to be one of those where you just squeeze the trigger and it keeps going" "nobody could pull the trigger that fast" :facepalm:

really? a full auto class III weapon?

I saw one report on how there was SO MUCH ammo, and the article said "there was at least a SHOE BOX full of ammo" WHA??? a whole shoe box full? my goodness, it's as if he was preparing for a war! I hope a reporter never comes to my house...

honestly, before I got into guns and I saw a news report that said someone had like 300 rounds of ammo, I'd think "Geeez, what does he need all that ammo for? starting a war?" and now I know... 300 rounds is like a trip or two to the range, especially if you have guns chambered in different calibers. and buying bulk saves $$$ ... but people who don't have any exposure to guns have no idea about that.

I saw one report on how there was SO MUCH ammo, and the article said "there was at least a SHOE BOX full of ammo" WHA??? a whole shoe box full? my goodness, it's as if he was preparing for a war!.

MY GOD!!!! HE HAD 525 ROUNDS!!!!! ITS AN ARSENAL!!!! HE MUST BE PREPARING FOR WAR!!!!!

439553.jpg

Fish,

You need to get the lingo right, or the Libtards will get confused:

ARSENAL - one or more firearm, BB gun, slingshot or pointed stick

CACHE - one or more rounds of ammunition, anything larger than a .22 blank is "military grade (or style) high-power bullets" or "child killer (cop killer) military armor piercing ammunition"

Remember, they're not very imaginative, so let's try our best not to put them in too much of a kerfuffle.

K

NJ.com said it was an ak-47 before eventually saying it was an AR-15....suprised they even knew the difference (doubt they did)

Does anyone know if it was a clone and if so which one? It does not sound as if he was old enough to be grandfathered...

Does anyone know if it was a clone and if so which one? It does not sound as if he was old enough to be grandfathered...

I'm trying to find the source, but i read a few days ago that it was a COLT... not sure of the exact model... If i find where i read it, i'll post

found it, APP.com article lists it a a COLT

app

I like this part;

Semiautomatic weapon

Police Chief Richard Buzby Jr. said the rifle was "an AR-15 derivative," the civilian semiutomatic version of the military's standard M-16 and M-4 weapons. They hold large box magazines with two dozen or more rounds that can be fired as fast as the shooter pulls the trigger.

If you think about it in most hands a fully automatic gun would be more safe then a semiauto if they decided to go on a shooting spree. The chances of hitting anyone they were shooting at would be very slim. Plus they would be out of ammo so fast it would make their head spin

If you think about it in most hands a fully automatic gun would be more safe then a semiauto if they decided to go on a shooting spree. The chances of hitting anyone they were shooting at would be very slim. Plus they would be out of ammo so fast it would make their head spin

You know, you are probably right.. Kind of ridiculous to have semi-auto AND limited mags.. With limited mags, your probably more cautious of each shot, more in tune to shot placement.. Full auto, just run and gun and be empty quickly...