Caine

Used Police Remington 870 - $329

Saw this on slick deals:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2327821

Link to gun: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411542030

Used Police Remington 870

These guns are in very good condition for a used gun, most seem to be fired very little. They do have some wear on them from being carried in a cruiser. This is a limited time offer so act now while supplies last.

Specifications

Synthetic Speed Feed stock

18" Barrel

Caliber - 12Ga

Pump Action

Black Finish

Capacity 6+1

3" Chamber

IF this is for an 870 Police, then it's a GREAT deal. If on the other hand, it's a "regular" 870 that just happened to be issued to some police department, then not such a great deal. That said, based on the comments and the picture, I'm guessing it is in fact an 870 Police. Regardless, probably worth giving Bud's a call if you're interested just to confirm.

My friend picked up a Remington 870 Express Supermag for ~$300 new from Dicks. That, plus a mag extension tube would cost roughly the same amount as this gun. Unless there is something that I am missing, this does not seem to be a great deal.

The 870 is a good pump shotgun but some models have cheapened slightly over the years in an effort for Remington to cut costs and stay competitive. For example, today the 870 Express is slightly different from an 870 Wingmaster built years ago.

The 870 Express uses cheaper grade parts, such as powdered metal castings for extractors and ejectors, plastic parts, less internal finishing, etc.

There are also differences between the Police 870 and 870 Express. Some of the same differences can be said of the old Wingmaster vs. today's Express. The attached document and comparison description originally was posted on the RemingtonMilitary.com website. I can't find the link there anymore, but it can be found on the internet elsewhere (i.e. THR) if you search for it.

870ExpressvsPolice.pdf

• Like 2

Thanks Parker!

Yes, vjf, as Parker stated, there is a difference between the Express and the Police. Mostly parts and QC. For some people, it won't make a difference.. for others it might.

But, generally speaking, a used 870 Police will go for around $500... new one will go for 6-700 depending on features. So, used for low $300s is a pretty good deal.

870 haters? Your all crazy. The most popular pump in the US and it's cheap? This is a steal though, ready to go as is. Pete, wake up and stop using that toy. Run this shooty and you'll thank me later.