NJ609

Did someone sue Frankling TWP PD?

So in the past there has been no information easily available from my local PD on the FPID/PP process. It always took around 3 months, and they'd use excused about "not receiving the character check mailings" back. I mean they lost 2 of them once. So they said!

This time they have a website with the process clearly outlined, and it's taken less than a week to get the letters out and back.

I mean seriously, this so far has been great although we will see how long it takes from start to finish.

Change like this is usually forced though, I'm pleasantly baffled! It even says on the website that they strive to meet the 30 day deadline. I know that could just be lip service but it's amazing it's there.

Have you complained to the NJSP yet?

I have not in the past because I'm not willing to pay the money to lawyer up if they then roadblock my application. However they still send out a non standard reference mailing to your home that anyone living with you has to fill out. I'm investigating how I can raise a complaint to the NJSP that this is happening.

My local police dept (Galloway twp) was always super nice.. but when I stopped in to change my address they gave me some form to fill out listing all the people who live with me.. when I asked them if it was new they said no they had always used it.. when I explained that I did not previously have to fill anything out like this when I applied they told me that it was strongly recommended because if I didnt and it turned out that there was a felon or something living there that I could possibly be in trouble :icon_rolleyes: at that point I explained that I lived alone but my girlfriend stays a lot.. at that point he recommended that I list her since she lives there "temporarily".. I politely declined.. everything was still issued in a timely manner...

Hmmm.. I'm waiting for my permits from Franklin PD and have gotten the usual excuses..

First they never received the ref checks (this was 3+ weeks ago). Now they have the refs but I was told the officer who does the reviews is away at school? So it'll be another week or so.

The lady I spoke to was nice and all but why the games...

Ah well. At least it keeps me away from spending more money. Heh.

Hmmm.. I'm waiting for my permits from Franklin PD and have gotten the usual excuses..

First they never received the ref checks (this was 3+ weeks ago). Now they have the refs but I was told the officer who does the reviews is away at school? So it'll be another week or so.

The lady I spoke to was nice and all but why the games...

Ah well. At least it keeps me away from spending more money. Heh.

I would have the references send a copy to you too.... If they lose it, you give them the copy.

• Like 1

Well, all references sent the responses in the mail from one town over. Which means they SHOULD have them already. But I will wait until next Wednesday to call and ask. I don't have much time here! I've got the itch and that XDM has my name alllll over it and it needs to be in my safe NOW! :icon_mrgreen:

Well, all references sent the responses in the mail from one town over. Which means they SHOULD have them already. But I will wait until next Wednesday to call and ask. I don't have much time here! I've got the itch and that XDM has my name alllll over it and it needs to be in my safe NOW! :icon_mrgreen:

Please keep this updated as I will be putting in for more permits myself in a week or so. BTW when did you submit the paperwork, and have you had to go to SagemMorpho for prints?

My local police dept (Galloway twp) was always super nice.. but when I stopped in to change my address they gave me some form to fill out listing all the people who live with me.. when I asked them if it was new they said no they had always used it.. when I explained that I did not previously have to fill anything out like this when I applied they told me that it was strongly recommended because if I didnt and it turned out that there was a felon or something living there that I could possibly be in trouble :icon_rolleyes: at that point I explained that I lived alone but my girlfriend stays a lot.. at that point he recommended that I list her since she lives there "temporarily".. I politely declined.. everything was still issued in a timely manner...

2C:58-3(f) "... There shall be no conditions or requirements added the licensing authority for the issuance of a permit or identification card other than those that are specifically set forth in this chapter."

Tell them to take any extra forms and shove it.

• Like 1

One of my best friend's lives in Galloway and he didn't have to fill out that form. They only gave him STS33 and SP66. He got his permit in about 3 months. He had an incident where his wife got a restraining order on him. They came and took his gun. She dismissed it a few days later and he got his gun back about 2 months later. He did have to put in a few calls for that though. Had he not, I suspect they would have NEVER given him his gun back.

One of my best friend's lives in Galloway and he didn't have to fill out that form. They only gave him STS33 and SP66. He got his permit in about 3 months. He had an incident where his wife got a restraining order on him. They came and took his gun. She dismissed it a few days later and he got his gun back about 2 months later. He did have to put in a few calls for that though. Had he not, I suspect they would have NEVER given him his gun back.

nice to know.. 2 months seems quick compared to some horror stories..

as far as the other form it was some time ago that I went there.. I wonder if they did away with it for some reason...

Under what circumstances did they confiscate his guns? I mean unless he actually did something, a restraining order is hear say... Cant believe a judge signed off on warrants for that ****. Pathetic.

Unfortunately Jack, under the rules of evidence, a person's statements is all that is necessary under the Preponderance of Evidence rule.

As for hearsay, there are about 30 exceptions to the rule of hearsay and the Preponderance of Evidence falls under one of the exceptions.

I think the hearsay exception used in the lautenberg act is a clear case of constitutional rights usurpation of the 14th amendment due process and parts of the privileges and immunities clause, as well as parts of the 6th amendment too.

Just called the coordinator listed on their web site to "verify" that my references made it back. You know, because the post office has lost them 3 times in the past when I applied for permits.... :facepalm:

Hope things are on track though. I want to get both XDM's before their magazine offer expires!

Under what circumstances did they confiscate his guns? I mean unless he actually did something, a restraining order is hear say... Cant believe a judge signed off on warrants for that ****. Pathetic.

The Prohibition against possessing firearms is WRITTEN INTO The Restraining order, as well as the Criminal Code, not to mention there is a FEDERAL Law prohibiting anyone who is under an active Restraining/Protection order for Domestic Violence from possessing any firearms even if there was not a state provision for it. Thank Lautenberg for that one.

Surprise surprise, Franklin has violated state law by not processing my permits in 30 days.

Anyway I called last night for an update, they usually like to jerk around on the employment verification and do it wrong a few times. We will see what happens. I really hope they hurry, that XD(m) free magazine offer is going to expire soon...

Surprise surprise, Franklin has violated state law by not processing my permits in 30 days.

Anyway I called last night for an update, they usually like to jerk around on the employment verification and do it wrong a few times. We will see what happens. I really hope they hurry, that XD(m) free magazine offer is going to expire soon...

You should be able to pay for the gun in advance of transferring it so you can claim the free mag offer... If your FFL won't do that for you you need to find a new FFL...

You should be able to pay for the gun in advance of transferring it so you can claim the free mag offer... If your FFL won't do that for you you need to find a new FFL...

Oh he will and if we get closer to the end of DEC I'll do that for sure. I just want it now. :)

Just called the coordinator listed on their web site to "verify" that my references made it back. You know, because the post office has lost them 3 times in the past when I applied for permits.... :facepalm:

Hope things are on track though. I want to get both XDM's before their magazine offer expires!

Mine have been so called lost once by the post office and yours 3 times. This is bull. Either the local pd or njsp threw them in the garbage!!!!!!!!!!!

So I finally got a return call. Apparently the "family something or other department" has not been responding to requests. I'm not sure why they are involved except maybe to check on pending domestic violence issues. The nice woman on the phone sounded pissed, and said that she has a stack of permits from over a dozen people waiting.

I love that the system is so stupid that it pisses THEM off too. rofl....

Hoping to hear back that the papers are ready this week.

After calling them again and stopping by in person I guess they felt they had to shut me up. I finally got my permits today. They sat on the chiefs desk for 6 days. Yeah, I know its the holidays, but these things are date sensitive so I'm still put off by that....

At least my XDM45 is home where it belongs now. Perhaps its time to write a letter explaining the townships violations to the State Police. As if they care. :facepalm: