NJ609

Citizen fights back, tells TSA "don't touch it"

go on the drudgereport.com and look at the NUN getting felt up? where do we draw the line?? luckily, i have NO KIDS, but would u let the TSA feel up your UNDERAGE daughter next? then, explain to ur kids that the GOVT can now molest them. WTF!

i am ALL for RACIAL PROFILING! last i checked, it was MUSLIM EXTREMISTS that are looking to kill us, not an 80yr old nun!

I basically live in airports because of work. If I am not going to Africa, I am going to LA. The TSA is an absolute joke, especially in newark. I am going to start taking pictures of them sleeping on the job with my cell phone. When I get enough send em over to Fox news. You don't need to look hard to find them sleeping, and it is very common. If I took my job as seriously as these people, people would get killed. It is scary having these scanners and I will never go through them. As a side note, when I was active duty military, I was traveling in uniform. I actually got pulled aside for an extra security scan. WTF! I was active duty and just got done with my first tour in the sandbox and wanted to go home on leave, and this was the welcome I got, a full pat down.

but I am sure some crazy militant Muslim lighting some home made bomb on fire mid flight 2 rows back is going to be a hell of a lot more inconvenient than any of that..

And how many of those have these "NEW" scanning techniques caught?

Not a one.

We get lots of scares and evacuations, but nothing really happens. Until some comes up with a way to beat the system and then more BS regulations come up. You want to make airflight perfectly safe, permanently ground the planes. No planes in the sky, no passengers, no danger. See it makes perfect sense.

For those that asked about leaked photos, here's a link. Remember that a "normal" person may not really be all that enthralled with the fuzzy images, but imagine the image is of your young teenage daughter and the minimum wage TSA employee is a sicko:

100 first leaked pics

Also these images are much sharper when they come from the xray version of this machine. I believe this is one of the other types that uses different radio waves.

Are you suggesting that this is a 4th Amendment issue? Seeing as the vast majority of people do not have a problem with this procedure it would be a pretty hard argument that this is an unreasonable search.

Huh?

Illegal SEARCH and siezure is just that illegal. What is the probable cause for this search? Where is the warrant for the search?

Don't have either, then it is ILLEGAL.

Many people say guns should be made illegal so therefore they should be illegal by your reasoning.

Huh?

Illegal SEARCH and siezure is just that illegal. What is the probable cause for this search? Where is the warrant for the search?

Don't have either, then it is ILLEGAL.

Many people say guns should be made illegal so therefore they should be illegal by your reasoning.

I am not exactly sure what you are talking about here. Could you please quote the law that makes searches illegal for me as I am unfamiliar and interested in learning more?

• Like 1

I am not exactly sure what you are talking about here. Could you please quote the law that makes searches illegal for me as I am unfamiliar and interested in learning more?

4th Ammendment, US Constitution

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The part in Blue is the Biggie. See, when the screenings were done by the airlines themselves, as private companies, the 4th ammendment didnt apply, since it is applicable to Govt Entities. NOW however TSA is a governmental agency, which is supposed to be bound by the constitution, and these ever more invasive screenings are violating the constitution on a daily basis.

For anyone here who doesnt see a problem with what TSA does...how would you feel if I, as a Police officer, stopped you and did a full patdown for NO OTHER REASON than "I Pick you"???? You would scream Bloody murder if a random cop did it..yet you give these Idiots who Studiously IGNORE people who actually might be a threat a free pass.

• Like 3

4th Ammendment, US Constitution

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The part in Blue is the Biggie. See, when the screenings were done by the airlines themselves, as private companies, the 4th ammendment didnt apply, since it is applicable to Govt Entities. NOW however TSA is a governmental agency, which is supposed to be bound by the constitution, and these ever more invasive screenings are violating the constitution on a daily basis.

For anyone here who doesnt see a problem with what TSA does...how would you feel if I, as a Police officer, stopped you and did a full patdown for NO OTHER REASON than "I Pick you"???? You would scream Bloody murder if a random cop did it..yet you give these Idiots who Studiously IGNORE people who actually might be a threat a free pass.

Yes, but if you read the red part of that it says "...unreasonable search..." The government is not barred from all searches, just unreasonable ones. So, this is a question of the reasonableness of this method of searching.

Now unfortunately those creating the laws are the ones that decide what is reasonable or not. Only if these people would listen to us when we tell them that this is going to far! I am against these screenings and pretty much the entire TSA as it is a bunch of minimum waged workers that don't give a $#!? about actual security. This entire system is ran poorly.

I would scream bloody murder in both cases...as evidenced in this thread and a few others. It is unreasonable, and if a dick grope/boob feelup isn't unreasonable, what exactly IS unreasonable? Here's a question to ponder, would you let a strange boy run his hands along the body of your 14YO daughter in the same fashion as the TSA? No? Then why is the TSA search reasonable?

the entire TSA as it is a bunch of minimum waged workers that don't give a $#!? about actual security.

The TSA is security theater(it's real term, look it up if you don't know it). Airline workers who have access to the airplanes with minimal supervision are much more of a threat than passengers who are going on vacation.

it is not a 4th amendment violation because no one forces you to board a plane.. you do it on your own free will..

if you decide to take the plane and enter into an agreement that you may be subjected to the body scan that is on you...

and to be brutal here.. this is the resolution of picture we are really getting all worked up over.. no offense or anything.. but I do not find this image intrusive in any way...

usmarshal_0082_layer_18_fixed.jpg

while I generally agree with you.. in this instance.. apples and oranges..

scanner at the airport..

you are choosing to fly.. you are choosing to agree to the terms they have in place.. this is not impeding your travel because you can opt out and not deal with it at all..

body scanner at court house...

that might be an unreasonable search as there are instances where you may be required to go to a court house.. and have no other option..

imo of course..

while I generally agree with you.. in this instance.. apples and oranges..

scanner at the airport..

you are choosing to fly.. you are choosing to agree to the terms they have in place.. this is not impeding your travel because you can opt out and not deal with it at all..

body scanner at court house...

that might be an unreasonable search as there are instances where you may be required to go to a court house.. and have no other option..

imo of course..

Before the TSA, security was a private concern by the airlines. It was a contract between you and the airlines and the airlines provided security.

Now the Government is standing between two parties. The government is the TSA. Different rules apply. You could agree to a anything with the airline but now the government is sanctioning or not sanctioning your ability to travel. The government is the people. It is now past the realm of tort law and into the rights and privileges afforded to citizens.

• Like 1

Yes, but if you read the red part of that it says "...unreasonable search..." The government is not barred from all searches, just unreasonable ones. So, this is a question of the reasonableness of this method of searching.

Now unfortunately those creating the laws are the ones that decide what is reasonable or not. Only if these people would listen to us when we tell them that this is going to far! I am against these screenings and pretty much the entire TSA as it is a bunch of minimum waged workers that don't give a $#!? about actual security. This entire system is ran poorly.

Search everyone because MAYBE just MAYBE you might find 1 in what like 100 million fliers a year is reasonable?

If cops pulled over 100 million people with no reason other than than you are driving, I bet they would find a lot more violations, but without a reason they can't. When they can, it is called a police state and we know how well that works. Just ask Russians under Stalin or Germans under Hitler.

As to no one forces you to take a flight, so what.

Sorry because you are Jewish so you can't take this flight.

Sorry you're black so you can't buy this house and live here.

Are these okay also?

and to be brutal here.. this is the resolution of picture we are really getting all worked up over.. no offense or anything.. but I do not find this image intrusive in any way...

Just keep in mind the machines that use the possibly unhealthy xray backscatter technology (of which these in MCO are not) put out a much clearer picture.

If you are concerned about the radiation, then your only other choice is a unprofessional groping. Now, I admit that am guessing it's unprofessional but I travel enough to have seen most TSA employees do just about EVERYTHING unprofessionally so I do not see why this would be any different.

Before the TSA, security was a private concern by the airlines. It was a contract between you and the airlines and the airlines provided security.

Now the Government is standing between two parties. The government is the TSA. Different rules apply. You could agree to a anything with the airline but now the government is sanctioning or not sanctioning your ability to travel. The government is the people. It is now past the realm of tort law and into the rights and privileges afforded to citizens.

the TSA exists because the airlines lack the ability to properly secure the airline industry (not that TSA is doing a great job)... I am sure the airline industry wants them there.. but again back to the bigger picture..

want to drive? the government RULES your FREE travel... they can let you drive.. take your license away.. control when you turn.. where you turn.. what kind of headlight bulbs you are allowed to use.. how high you can make your truck.. they control how the engine burns.. they determine if the car is "safe enough".. they force you to wear a seatbelt.. a helmet on a motorcycle.. they micro manage the entire world of driving.. so no.. you can not freely travel within the US.. you can not just buy a car and travel.. you must register it.. license it.. and obey about a million rules.. or the government will stop your free travel.. but yet no one bats an eye..

air traffic is controlled.. sea travel.. controlled..

there are certain places you can not even WALK (parkway)

a single body scanner.. that is only there to stop you if you have weapons.. is far less restrictive than the million and one motor vehicle laws..

Just keep in mind the machines that use the possibly unhealthy xray backscatter technology (of which these in MCO are not) put out a much clearer picture.

If you are concerned about the radiation, then your only other choice is a unprofessional groping. Now, I admit that am guessing it's unprofessional but I travel enough to have seen most TSA employees do just about EVERYTHING unprofessionally so I do not see why this would be any different.

and that is worth complaining about.. all of my TSA experiences have been god awful.. and I would consider joining in on a bash the TSA and their unreal level of poor professionalism.. I just have no interest calling it a violation of my rights.. as I stated.. it should be changed.. YES.. but your "rights" are not being violated anymore than when you drive a car around..

just to drive a car.. the government needs to know how old I am? what I weigh? my ethnicity? my social security number? this is not an "invasion of privacy"?

a single body scanner.. that is only there to stop you if you have weapons.. is far less restrictive than the million and one motor vehicle laws..

They are not invasive like the requirement to submit to a possibly harmful xray device or be fondled by a TSA employee for doing absolutely nothing suspicious.

The whole point is that a governmental agency is performing searches on a level that would require any other organization to have suspicion or possibly a warrant just because you are CHOOSING to travel on a plane.

Doesn't cut mustard for me, I think the whole thing is just one big big brother based wet dream for whoever is running the show over there. Once they take your rights they aren't likely to give them back either. I'm glad people are getting pissed off about this and look forward to the lawsuits. Maybe it will make the TSA actually keep us secure for real instead of this dog and pony bullcrap that does almost nothing to keep evil people from weaponizing our airliners.

They are not invasive like the requirement to submit to a possibly harmful xray device or be fondled by a TSA employee for doing absolutely nothing suspicious.

The whole point is that a governmental agency is performing searches on a level that would require any other organization to have suspicion or possibly a warrant just because you are CHOOSING to travel on a plane.

Doesn't cut mustard for me, I think the whole thing is just one big big brother based wet dream for whoever is running the show over there. Once they take your rights they aren't likely to give them back either. I'm glad people are getting pissed off about this and look forward to the lawsuits. Maybe it will make the TSA actually keep us secure for real instead of this dog and pony bullcrap that does almost nothing to keep evil people from weaponizing our airliners.

If you choose to subject yourself to it.. it is not violating your rights.. I still agree with you that it is a bunch of BS.. just don't agree that it is a violation of your rights.. as I was saying several pages back..

If you choose to subject yourself to it.. it is not violating your rights.. I still agree with you that it is a bunch of BS.. just don't agree that it is a violation of your rights.. as I was saying several pages back..

I agree with whoever said when it was the airlines running security you didn't have those rights, but because it is a governmental agency you DO. After all the Constitution is to protect us from the government, not the airlines.

End result is the system sucks no matter what we think... :icon_lol:

the TSA exists because the airlines lack the ability to properly secure the airline industry (not that TSA is doing a great job)... I am sure the airline industry wants them there.. but again back to the bigger picture..

want to drive? the government RULES your FREE travel... they can let you drive.. take your license away.. control when you turn.. where you turn.. what kind of headlight bulbs you are allowed to use.. how high you can make your truck.. they control how the engine burns.. they determine if the car is "safe enough".. they force you to wear a seatbelt.. a helmet on a motorcycle.. they micro manage the entire world of driving.. so no.. you can not freely travel within the US.. you can not just buy a car and travel.. you must register it.. license it.. and obey about a million rules.. or the government will stop your free travel.. but yet no one bats an eye..

air traffic is controlled.. sea travel.. controlled..

there are certain places you can not even WALK (parkway)

Stuff and nonsense. the airlines had the Ability, they did NOT have the Will. TSA did the EXACT SAME THING that the airlines did prior to 911 with the SAME EFFING PEOPLE. Funny how me the Cop sees the problem here, when a lot of you who **** about paperwork times dont have an issue with backscatter Scanners that would be ILLEGAL to use on the street, or some guy fondling your junk.

It's NOT a choice, because there are places where you are FORCED to fly. Overseas, Puerto Rico, anyplace else that is more than a few hours drive if you NEED to get there and dont have days to spend.

It's either a fundamental right or it isnt. Going by what you posted above, you CHOOSE in this state to own a firearm, therefore any paperwork, wait times, hoops to jump through are Ok with you, since after all, you are VOLUNTARILY subjecting yourself to that scrutiny.........right?

Apparently, if airports want, they can tell the TSA to take a hike and do private security.

Why would they??

The liability if something slips through would bury them.