axeman_g

Christie in Wash Twp NJ on Right to Carry....

wilmington is awesome. Just like the jersey shore but 15 years ago.

I was down in Wilmington about a month ago for a few days on business. Stayed on Wrightsville Beach. It is a very nice town. Almost went to a gun range down there in Wilmington but didn't make it. Lots of pretty women down there. I hear it's due to the movie studio. It's a magnet for pretty women.

I agree. Wasn't the NJ chapter of SAF asking around for people denied carry permits a few months ago? They must be cooking something up.

Also, once any carry or AWB lawsuit wins at the federal level, like in Westchester County, NY, it becomes very possible to get summary judgment for the same cause in NJ. So even though the lawsuits may not be directed at NJ specifically, the results will help us out here.

There are several things going on at the same time. If I was a betting man I would say you will start to see them surface in the next 5 weeks or so before Christmas.

Heller II stands a very good chance at putting a fairly large dent in the core rational behind any of the AWBs. The road map to overturning the AWBs, hi-cap bans and even class 3 bans is there already. You just need a skillful litigator and at least a 5-4 majority on the SCOTUS to be open minded enough to follow the logic and facts without letting hysterical emotions cloud their thought processes...

It's Politics.

NJ Legislature is anti gun. If Christie was to champion this during the Gov's election cycle, we'd have Corzine in office, and dealing with a hell of a lot worse.

Christie is correct though, why waste time and energy, when a CCW bill is D.O.A. with our Legislature's anti gun stance. Our only hope of CCW reform would be if it was to be championed by a few Dem's.

Van Drew is supposed to reintroduce a CCW bill, and with Sweeney in the Senate Leader spot, who knows.....

Didn't you have a picture of Christie campaigning for the AWB back in the day on your website?

It was either you, or the snowflakes guy.

I don't think it will be all that long before you see a flurry of activity here in our state... Soon, very very soon... Don't forget the state courts are hopeless, this is all happening on a federal level.

I agree. In the fore seeable future NJ internally in not going to change its view on firearms. The recent fedral court rulings are our best hope. I think its up to now (that its an indiviual RIGHT) orginizations like the NRA to lobby that 2A says, keep and BEAR arms shall NOT BE INFRINDGED, to get some form of shall issue mandated at the fedral level. I still cannot believe how law makers can get away with taking the straight forward words in 2A and ridiculously twisting them to meet thier own personal views....... God bless America

I still cannot believe how law makers can get away with taking the straight forward words in 2A and ridiculously twisting them to meet thier own personal views....... God bless America

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Are you really surprised? They already prohibit "the free exercise thereof".

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Or where they get addresses wrong on search warrants, that's not probable cause. Or Kelo vs New London (or Long Branch) regarding seizure of property.

Or for that matter - applying the Commerce clause between states to include taxing the consumption of what you grew on your own land for your own use.

This country hardly resembles the Constitution any longer.