vladtepes

Picked up Hogue Grip.. Saiga is done..

It's like saying that an AR without the carry handle or A2 fixed stock is incorrect. Or a 1911 with usable sights or an accessory rail is sacreligious.

I think it's an updated version of an outated gun! Good luck Vlad.

Funny you should mention that ray, I was thinking the same thing last night. I came to a few conclusions (slightly off topic hi-jack)

AR-15s. Well, nobody really gives a crap about the A1's but there are a few retro guns out there but the trend is that its a new modern gun (rightfully so) and use it as so.

1911s. It would be ABSOLUTE TRAVESTY to buy an original 1911 (not a 1911a1) in original condition for like $4k and pimp it out. However, the new 1911s fall into the AR-15 crowd of "its new, use it"

AKs. Unique against the AR in the aspect of 2 distinct crowds. There are people who will spend $2k on an AK because there are rare AKs, rare configurations, rare markings etc.(Yeah I know people spend more on ARs, but these arent AR kinda guns). Nobody goes out buying AR-15 parts kits and spending extra money because it has an authentic XXXXX stamp, etc etc. This is the collector crowd (like milsurp crowd).

Then theres the wasr-10 crowd whom buys em and shoots the crap out of them rightfully so, and hacks em up and such. to each his own

You know where I fall into this :wacko:

Vlad, you should come to easton sometime and bring it. we can have an AK day and I can make fun of your rifle (JK :icon_lol: ) I do have an appreciation for tactical AKs, as much as I bust 'em.

• Like 2

Funny you should mention that ray, I was thinking the same thing last night. I came to a few conclusions (slightly off topic hi-jack)

AR-15s. Well, nobody really gives a crap about the A1's but there are a few retro guns out there but the trend is that its a new modern gun (rightfully so) and use it as so.

1911s. It would be ABSOLUTE TRAVESTY to buy an original 1911 (not a 1911a1) in original condition for like $4k and pimp it out. However, the new 1911s fall into the AR-15 crowd of "its new, use it"

AKs. Unique against the AR in the aspect of 2 distinct crowds. There are people who will spend $2k on an AK because there are rare AKs, rare configurations, rare markings etc.(Yeah I know people spend more on ARs, but these arent AR kinda guns). Nobody goes out buying AR-15 parts kits and spending extra money because it has an authentic XXXXX stamp, etc etc. This is the collector crowd (like milsurp crowd).

Then theres the wasr-10 crowd whom buys em and shoots the crap out of them rightfully so, and hacks em up and such. to each his own

You know where I fall into this :wacko:

Vlad, you should come to easton sometime and bring it. we can have an AK day and I can make fun of your rifle (JK :icon_lol: ) I do have an appreciation for tactical AKs, as much as I bust 'em.

I don't have any bad feelings and would really like to come out and shoot with some of you guys... you can be cocky at times.. but I actually like you.. lol :icon_e_wink:

and I think that you hit the nail on the head in every way with your post..

Hey Brother,

That thing looks very very sweet! I gotta wonder how that rail will handle the heat from some prolonged rapid fire though seeing as how it's kinda tied into the gas tube, though. I'm thinking that AFG might not cut it and you might end up needing to move to some form of VFG to get you hand off the metal. I had a Norinco Type 56S years ago, and put one of the KVar polymer stock kits on it. It lasted one range session before I melted it...That gas tube region does heat up fast...

I'll look forward to reading your experience with it...

Respectfully,

Harry

Hey Brother,

That thing looks very very sweet! I gotta wonder how that rail will handle the heat from some prolonged rapid fire though seeing as how it's kinda tied into the gas tube, though. I'm thinking that AFG might not cut it and you might end up needing to move to some form of VFG to get you hand off the metal. I had a Norinco Type 56S years ago, and put one of the KVar polymer stock kits on it. It lasted one range session before I melted it...That gas tube region does heat up fast...

I'll look forward to reading your experience with it...

Respectfully,

Harry

I have been running that rail system for over a year and while it does get warm... it has never heated up to the point where it was unmanageable.. and the gas tube has never gotten hot enough to damage the optics... the bottom tri rail doesn't really sit on the barrel so that thing really doesn't get hot.. just warm..

Hey vlad, if you get it to start melting around the attachment points, it just maked it look that much more bad@ss :icon_lol:

If you get them to completely melt around the front end, its a badge of honor B)

I charred my SKS handguards once after putting 400 quick rounds through it lol