imperialfish

Remington UMC 9mm 500 rounds $81.47 Free Shipping

My two boxes were well wrapped with plastic warp? :huh:

Mine too, but not together. I think it's to keep the ammo from spilling inside the box since it's literally a box of loss 9mm rounds.

Did anybody get charged the full amount with no discount? The statement I recieved with the ammo, and via email showed the discount applied and a final price. Checking my statement I see that I was charged 20 dollars more than that amount. What about anybody else?

Did anybody get charged the full amount with no discount? The statement I recieved with the ammo, and via email showed the discount applied and a final price. Checking my statement I see that I was charged 20 dollars more than that amount. What about anybody else?

Thanks for the heads up, just checked:

-My email order receipt shows a total of $81.97

-The packing slip that arrived with the shipment shows $101.97

-My credit card statement shows a charge of $101.97.

Tried calling them just now, cust. svc. is closed. Will follow up tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up, just checked:

-My email order receipt shows a total of $81.97

-The packing slip that arrived with the shipment shows $101.97

-My credit card statement shows a charge of $101.97.

Tried calling them just now, cust. svc. is closed. Will follow up tomorrow.

I too noted the difference between the on-line receipt and the packing slip. It'll be awhile 'til I get my CC statement, but given what is reported here, I'm not hopeful. Please follow-up and post results. When you call, I'd let them know there are others in the same boat. Thanks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I e-mailed Customer Service about the discrepancy and noted that some people had been charged the higher amount. I'll post their reply when I receive it. If they won't honor the discount, my first e-mail will be to the BBB and the second to my CC company disputing the $20 non-authorized addition. With printed proof, it should be a slam dunk.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Since i already bought the 45cal and the 9mm was out of stock i figured might as well buy the 40cal and just to make the $100 total i added on a Gunvault Nano Vault 100 to keep my LCR nice and secure , man you guys are gonna be the death of me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ , hahaha !!!!

Called customer service this morning - talked to a real live person, they gave me their email address and asked that I forward my original order confirm email to them. They said they would issue a credit after reviewing if the confirm email was legit.

Nothing further at the moment.

Called customer service this morning - talked to a real live person, they gave me their email address and asked that I forward my original order confirm email to them. They said they would issue a credit after reviewing if the confirm email was legit.

Nothing further at the moment.

What was the email they gave you?

Funny (not really), the inconsistency with which they handle a common issue with multiple customers. I e-mailed them yesterday - all sweetness and light - and informed them of the possible discrepancy. They asked for documentation, I furnished it (on-line receipt and e-mail confirmation, both of which reflected the discount). This morning there is an e-mail in my box, from GM, saying the discount did not apply to ammo - sorry.

I was done with sweetness & light at that point. That is simple theft. If they had an error, it was incumbent on them to notify me, prior to shipping the merchandise and giving me the option of accepting it at the higher price, or cancelling the order. No notification, ever, and the goods were received last week. I e-mailed them back and told them they had until close of business today to credit my account or I would dispute the charge with my CC company and then report the incident to both the on-line BBB and the bricks & mortar BBB where they are headquartered.

How come I'm the one they decided to take the hardline with? Ah well, I love a good verbal sparring.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Funny (not really), the inconsistency with which they handle a common issue with multiple customers. I e-mailed them yesterday - all sweetness and light - and informed them of the possible discrepancy. They asked for documentation, I furnished it (on-line receipt and e-mail confirmation, both of which reflected the discount). This morning there is an e-mail in my box, from GM, saying the discount did not apply to ammo - sorry.

I was done with sweetness & light at that point. That is simple theft. If they had an error, it was incumbent on them to notify me, prior to shipping the merchandise and giving me the option of accepting it at the higher price, or cancelling the order. No notification, ever, and the goods were received last week. I e-mailed them back and told them they had until close of business today to credit my account or I would dispute the charge with my CC company and then report the incident to both the on-line BBB and the bricks & mortar BBB where they are headquartered.

How come I'm the one they decided to take the hardline with? Ah well, I love a good verbal sparring.

Adios

Pizza Bob

Pretty stupid of them to possibly lose a customer over 20 bucks. Especially since it was their mistake.

Here's the contact info of the person I dealt with and their latest email to me after I forwarded them my original order receipt email:

[email protected]

Hello Mr. XXX,

Thank you for your recent email. I apologize for any inconvenience, however, I will be happy to assist you with this. I have applied a $20 credit to the original credit card used on this order. You should see the credit applied to your account within the next 3-5 business days. I hope this information is helpful to you. If I can be of further assistance please let me know. Thank you for contacting Gander Mountain and I hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Thank you,

Heather Williams

Gander Mountain

Retail Customer Service

1-888-542-6337 ext 1202

1-252-355-7600 ext 1202

Victory!!!

After sending GM my documentation showing the discount applied, I got this in reply...

Thank you for your quick response. I will be happy to assist you today. Unfortunately, the promotional offer of $20 off wasn't applied to your order because it wasn't valid on ammunition. I do apologize that the internet accepted this discount and for any inconveniences this may cause however; we are unable to honor it. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us.

To which I responded...

The fact that your order intake accepted the discount code is your problem, not mine. I only authorized $83.97 to be charged to my account. The fact that you made an error, shipped the goods in advance of notifying me (or of ever notifying me) of that error, and then charged an unauthorized amount on my charge account amounts to theft.

You have until close of business today (5:00 PM EST) to credit my account for the discount. If that is not done I will dispute the fraudulent charge with my credit card company - and with written proof I don't think they'll buy the "we made an error so our customer has to pay for it" defense - and then notify both the on-line and bricks & mortar Better Business Bureau. It wasn't the "Internet" that accepted the discount, it was your company and you should have the integrity to stand behind it, error or not.

To which they responded...

Thank you for your e-mail. I am happy to help you with this. I am sorry for the price discrepancy on order XXXXXXX. Unfortunately, our system was experiencing technical difficulties the day this order was placed, hence the internet applied a $20 off on purchase of $100 or more discount to your order even though the ammunition purchased wasn't eligible to receive this discount. Since you were misinformed about this when placing the order, I have issued a credit of $20 back onto the card that you paid for the order with. I am sorry for all of the inconvenience this has caused you, and I want to let you know that you will be seeing this credit on your card in 3-5 business days at the latest. Again, thank you for contacting Gander Mountain and if you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

The little guy (OK, not so little) has to win one occasionally.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Whatever the case, if they don't respond to the 2 emails I sent, I may have to use the contact info you gave, and if you don't mind, likely paraphrase what you wrote, since it seemed to work! Thanks for the info!

Edit: Nevermind

Hello XXX,

Thank you for your email and your interest in Gander Mountain. I’m sorry that you were charged more than the initial order confirmation total. I will be more than happy to assist you with this issue. I have applied a credit in the amount of $20.00 back to your MC ending in xxxx. It will take two business days to process the credit through our system. I do apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. Again, thank you for choosing Gander Mountain and have a wonderful day!!

Sincerely,

Latasha B.

Edited by Bonesinium