siderman

You guys get the Buds Gun Shop email?

Guest tAKticool

Yes but I'm saving my pennies for a Bushmaster XM15 at the moment

As I was just doing that exact same thing and I am very very happy I got the Bushmaster XM15. I got that email and read it this morning and thought, you know, $100 rifle is a good deal, plus what $40-$50 for the transfer, figure at least $50 in ammo to make it an even $200... and that's not a bad deal at all...

But I'd rather spend $200 on the new Bushmaster, either on Magpul or ammo or an Aimpoint.

Guest tAKticool

AND also I don't have an SKS. Would pick up an SKS , hopefully a nice-to-real-nice-plus ? one (Yugo?) and keep stocking 7.62x39 for the AK/SKS... Mosin is to me a purely add-on gun, not bad at all, nice to have, but really can think of lots of stuff to spend on before this.

but really can think of lots of stuff to spend on before this.

On one note I can totally agree with you. There are several other guns I have on my list before I start to collect WWII era guns. But thats me, and apparently you. Others who have their modern shooters already, or are interested solely in older guns would disagree. Its all in personal opinion.

wow- $40-$50 for a transfer?! I'll be paying $20 and $15NCIS for a total of $117 to get this Mosin in my hands, not too shabby. Seems a lot of guys have their eyes on the xm15 incl me but $117 wont set me back too much in the mean time to get a decent, affordable "308" rifle. Just a fun gun and certainly not a prelude to a WW11 collection!(yet)

I'm pretty sure there was one of the vendor here that said they have them or can get them for 125 out the door. By the time you pay shipping and background checks at the FFL you aren't saving any. I'm not 100%, so you'd have to ask the vendors.

I'm pretty sure TJ Sporting Arms has 91/30s in stock.

how much is nics anyways? I am not used to having to factor that in. In Colorado it was already just included in the price of the gun and the guns were the same price actually, if not cheaper...damnit I should have stocked up before I left :facepalm:

$16

I'm pretty sure there was one of the vendor here that said they have them or can get them for 125 out the door. By the time you pay shipping and background checks at the FFL you aren't saving any. I'm not 100%, so you'd have to ask the vendors.

I would MUCH rather go with this option. That extra $8 to visually inspect the rifle before you pay for it is worth it. Plus supporting a local shop/forum vendor.

All I'm saying is $117 which includes the shipping, transfer fee & NCIS check is a sweet deal. And I'm supporting my friendly local FFl who gets $37 for his effort via the transfer fee/NCIS. Just to compare apples to apples for a $125 rifle then add NCIS and tax comes to about $150. Not $8 dollar difference but more like $33.As for holding the gun before purchase thats another thing. Cant go too wrong for only a little over a $100.

Numerous LGS' have Mosins in stock, or can get you them. Why pay for a transfer fee and the headache of ordering it through the net and faxing them your DL/info when you can just support your local shops? Most have them at about $100, and your still saving the headache and $50+ transfer fees.

check out the link in second post above from jOn- a little cheaper.

I saw it. I've ordered from Bud's before so I went with them. I was at the mall last night with my honey, way too crowded with rude shoppers, then these two old bags boxed me in with their shopping carts, :unsure: and as I was looking for a cyanide capsule to swallow or something sharp to shove in my eye to ease my pain, (If you were there and you saw a man with a scowl on his face that was me) she turns to me and asks what I would like for Christmas. I remembered the nice clothes she bought me last year that I havn't worn yet. Then your post came to mind and I told her that the only thing I wanted was this cheap Russian rifle. :icon_cool: