Sign in to follow this  
hopper

Even the cops are on our side

^^^^ babaganoosh is dead on ^^^^

Because I am one, I can tell you that most cops don't give a dam one way or the other what guns otherwise law abiding citizens have. I've been a cop for almost 12 years and never once have I been asked by a politician, my opinion on a law nor have I been asked to assist in writing or re-writing one. Most cops aren't really "gun guys" and those that are, are usually on your (well, our) side. Honestly, if you never commit a crime with your gun, its very unlikely to ever even come to the attention of a municipal or state level police officer no matter what kind it is. For the cops like me who have been raised in a pro 2nd amendment home, have been gun owners longer than cops and have been at the business end of a few too; it's more a bother for us than it is for you. We're tasked with not only following, but enforcing these laws that we don't believe in. You just have to follow them (or choose not to if that's your way). We don't really have a choice if we want to keep getting paid.

I (and trust me, more of us feel this way than don't) have no interest or intention in violating ANYONE'S constitutional rights and find there to be absolutely NO reason to continue to enact bs laws that are completely unenforceable when our judges and politicians have no idea how to enforce the one's we already have. Nor do they care to enforce the one's we have. They are all looking for their "legacy" and want to stamp their names into the history books. It's all about their own agendas, not the good of the state or the good of its citizens. If they gave a **** about you and me, they wouldn't be wasting their time writing worthless laws, they'd be pooling their efforts to try to repair our economy and the survivability of our nation.

• Like 5

^^^^ babaganoosh is dead on ^^^^

Because I am one, I can tell you that most cops don't give a dam one way or the other what guns otherwise law abiding citizens have. I've been a cop for almost 12 years and never once have I been asked by a politician, my opinion on a law nor have I been asked to assist in writing or re-writing one. Most cops aren't really "gun guys" and those that are, are usually on your (well, our) side. Honestly, if you never commit a crime with your gun, its very unlikely to ever even come to the attention of a municipal or state level police officer no matter what kind it is. For the cops like me who have been raised in a pro 2nd amendment home, have been gun owners longer than cops and have been at the business end of a few too; it's more a bother for us than it is for you. We're tasked with not only following, but enforcing these laws that we don't believe in. You just have to follow them (or choose not to if that's your way). We don't really have a choice if we want to keep getting paid.

I (and trust me, more of us feel this way than don't) have no interest or intention in violating ANYONE'S constitutional rights and find there to be absolutely NO reason to continue to enact bs laws that are completely unenforceable when our judges and politicians have no idea how to enforce the one's we already have. Nor do they care to enforce the one's we have. They are all looking for their "legacy" and want to stamp their names into the history books. It's all about their own agendas, not the good of the state or the good of its citizens. If they gave a **** about you and me, they wouldn't be wasting their time writing worthless laws, they'd be pooling their efforts to try to repair our economy and the survivability of our nation.

+1 Sounds like just about every cop in my family...

Well it hasnt been my experience. Outside of the tri state area its better, but in, I have run into a metric ton of LE that feal only police and military should have firearms. This seems particulerly pervasive of NYPD officers I have met.

That's because the NYPD is jealous of our weapons. They get to have DAO with a 10lb. trigger pull. I shoot with my nephew and some other NYPD friends and they can't believe how nice a trigger can be on my Sig and it is stock.

If your refering to my comment, its a valid comparison supporting my statement that in the tri state area there is a considerable anti gun sentiment in LE, notably strong in NYPD. My "sample" and opinion is derived from heavy contact with LE all over, not just a single department.... Generally the pro 2A LE I run into are at shooting competitions and are "gun guys" so they get it. But in my opinion and experience, these are the exceptions, not the rule.

Generally the pro 2A LE I run into are "gun guys" so they get it. But in my opinion and experience, these are the exceptions, not the rule.

yup. I was in a class made up of about 30 LEOs from all over the state. When we started talking about guns, only a couple guys seemed interested. a couple of them joked around "oh, you're one of those gun nut...The ones we don't want to respond to on a domestic call". I knew it was a joke, but I think they were a little serious with that comment. So, i was like "Now why do i have to be a nut? i'm an aficionado!" LOL