Bob B

Would you take the 10 rnd mag limit if it came with national reciprocity?

67 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take the 10 round magazine limit if it came with national reciprocity?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care
  2. 2. Would you take the 10 round magazine limit if it came with national open carry without a permt?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

I should be clearer on 'National Recriprocity' The amendment that is going to be put forth with another bill will not honor out of state license holders...i.e. you won't be able to carry in NJ if you reside in NJ and don't have a NJ license. If you have a residence in Florida with your Fl. permit, you will be able to carry in NJ. I spend a lot of time in Fl. and it wouldn't be hard for me to show residency there (6mos) The national recriprocity would help me but not the average NJ resident who has an out of state permit

That recipriocity from the Thune Amendment could help us in the long run though. New Jerseyans will get used to the idea that people are traveling armed through their state without the carnage predicted by liberal pols and media. At some point they may even come to the conclusion "If other state's citizens can carry a firearm in my state, why can't I?".

only if the cops had to go with 10 rd limits too. because any reason why a cop should have one, is the same reason why a law abiding citizen should. if the only purpose is to kill as many people as possible, i'd assume the military should be the only ones with them.

in all honesty, for what i do, 10 rounds is more than enough. hell i only have 2 15 rd magazines and when i do a box of 50 i usually load 15 for the first two mag and 10 for the second two mags to get to 50. but i can see the reason for more. even psychologically id feel more comfortable with more rounds. especially since i only have a 9mm

I should be clearer on 'National Recriprocity' The amendment that is going to be put forth with another bill will not honor out of state license holders...i.e. you won't be able to carry in NJ if you reside in NJ and don't have a NJ license. If you have a residence in Florida with your Fl. permit, you will be able to carry in NJ. I spend a lot of time in Fl. and it wouldn't be hard for me to show residency there (6mos) The national recriprocity would help me but not the average NJ resident who has an out of state permit

i'd still take it. if other states could, maybe it would open up a lawsuit for why we should. especially when we dont turn into the wild wild west.

Hell no and oh hell no!

I'm thinking most of the prior restraint laws we currently have should be re-written and limited to punishing people that possess such things during the commission of an actual crime. Direct these laws at the criminals that are actually committing the crimes the laws are "supposed" to prevent and leave the rest of us the hell alone!

I understand that it's a hypothetical question, but it's really a hypothetical that would never happen. Those who push for these capacity laws will only push for more laws and NEVER conceed to any acknowledgment of 2nd amendment rights. The movement for these kinds of laws is driven by people that would outlaw all gun ownership in a heartbeat if they could. They can't for the time being, so they lie and claim their only goal is only to ban X type of firearm or X type of magazine. They would only push further if successful in any kind of partial ban or ban by type.