georgemc

Gander mountain

Went to place another order for the UMC 250 mega pack of 9mm and was told by Tyler @ Gander Mountain as of 3 weeks ago they are not shipping handgun ammo to NJ and a few other states..

Remington® L9MM3A UMC Handgun Ammunition, 9mm Luger Caliber, 250-Round Mega Pack

Item # 412731

In Stock

$59.99

Went to place another order for the UMC 250 mega pack of 9mm and was told by Tyler @ Gander Mountain as of 3 weeks ago they are not shipping handgun ammo to NJ and a few other states..

Remington® L9MM3A UMC Handgun Ammunition, 9mm Luger Caliber, 250-Round Mega Pack

Item # 412731

In Stock

$59.99

Did you explain to him the deal, that it is allowed if you show your NJ FID? I know I have had to send a copy of mine to a few companies I buy ammo from.

Did you explain to him the deal, that it is allowed if you show your NJ FID? I know I have had to send a copy of mine to a few companies I buy ammo from.

yep, not sure if he didnt want to hear it or was not aware..just kept on repeating..no handgun ammo to NJ

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21296-remington-umc-problems/

I have yet to contact Remington about the problem, but definitely plan to soon.

Ditto. I had the same issue as those in the above link with more than a few rounds when shooting this ammo today. Don't know if I got a bad lot since I never had problems with this ammo in the past. Don't know how many got past me, but it shot hot as hell, smoked like mad and was not at all accurate. Still have 250 rds. of the stuff left that I'll go through before my next range session. I'll be contacting Remington during the week.

I have 38 bad rounds out of the 150 rounds remaining. With that percentage, I had about 62 bad rounds in the box, or about 25% of the rounds were bad. I am highly disappointed as that is a TOTALLY unacceptable ratio, and simply replacing the box of ammo won't really improve my perception of Remington anytime soon.

I sent an e-mail, and then called Remington yesterday. I still haven't been assigned a rep yet to review this issue. I was on hold for 20 minutes.

Honestly, the CSR I spoke to seemed a bit perturbed about the ammo issue. Said she never heard anything about bullets seated to far into the case. We'll see how this turns out. If the CS is this bad for an ammo issue, I would no longer even consider their new 1911.

I sent an e-mail, and then called Remington yesterday. I still haven't been assigned a rep yet to review this issue. I was on hold for 20 minutes.

Honestly, the CSR I spoke to seemed a bit perturbed about the ammo issue. Said she never heard anything about bullets seated to far into the case. We'll see how this turns out. If the CS is this bad for an ammo issue, I would no longer even consider their new 1911.

The rep I had was very pleasant, even though I dialed into the wrong department! He said he was sending me a prepaid envelope, and that they wanted 2-3 sample rounds. He also stated that they were pretty good with replacing the ammo, and sometimes even go a little further. Will keep it updated.

Humm. How did you guys find that your ammo was bad? I'll have to check the remmy UMC I have. I've 50 rounds of it with no issues.

I was loading mags on the line and something didn't feel right. Took a look and sure enough saw some "short" rounds. Also had a couple of FTF's and flame thrower type rounds during the same session. You could just pull a tray out of the box, and look down the top to try and spot the short rounds. Or, if you have time on your hands, do a lineup of rounds next to each other.

I bought bad ammo from federal last summer. .45ACP. It had no rim. No idea what would have happened if I fired it. Also several boxes of UMC .357 Sig had about 25% that wouldn't fire from a P226. Everybody has bad ammo once in a while. I guess the only way to avoid it is to load your own. But who has the time and money for that? lol. I had no idea you could return defective ammo for a refund. Live and learn.

I guess the only way to avoid it is to load your own. But who has the time and money for that? lol.

True, it takes time. But it saves lots of money or, in my case, lets you shoot lots more for the same amount of money. :)