Sign in to follow this  
usnmars

Getting a 1903a4!!!!!

A while back a guy I work with said he just inherited a "old army sniper rifle.". He had no interest in it and brought out some pictures for me to identify it. It ends up being a 1903A4 sniper with original M82 scope. I about shiat myself when he showed me pictures. He doesn't want to keep it and asked me if I wanted it. I asked "how much" and said money isnt important to me on it. It is more important that it goes to someone that understands what it is and respects it. He said just give me enough to bring my wife out to dinner and it's yours. So next time I come offshore I am bringing him some cash and when he gets home after that he is shipping it to me. So in about a month and a half I will have a very nice 1903A4 for $200.00!!!!!! Needless to say I am tweaking.

While I'm jealous as hell...lol......I'm just going to toss this little tidbit out there....

You KNOW the gun is worth thousands......depending.......in this day and age with the economy being what it is ..........

Do you feel ...dunno.... 'good', about not being truthful with the guy?

I mean moral, ethical and good ole karma and such......????

I like to live by a thought that a man is only only as good as his word......

Dunno....by the way......pics are going to be needed!!!!!!

Best of luck with it.....

You know...I had a similar situation once. A lady I worked with had a 1973 Cutlass that was in pretty good shape except two problems. There was a vast amount of bird crap on the hood and the brake lines to the back were rusted out. She asked if I wanted the car, and I knew that with some work, the car would sell easily for 3k-4k. So I asked her how much? She said $100. I asked if she was sure..I could probably sell it for a lot more or maybe even keep it. She was sure. So I put in new brake lines, did all 4 brakes, scrubbed the hood for hours and made a net profit of $2800.00. I ended up probably putting 15 hours into it and around $100 in parts and sold it for $3k.

Sometimes people have other reasons for getting rid of a thing and their motivations aren't necessarily guided by how much something is worth in dollars.

Of course 2 bills on a 4k gun, he's robbing the guy blind! :icon_e_biggrin:

Just so everyone knows, Eric informed him how much the gun was actually worth and the guy didn't care if it was worth 200, 4k, or 20k dollars. He had no interest in firearms and it had been sitting in his house for years collecting dust. All the guy asked for was enough money to take his wife out for dinner one night. Eric is anything but a shady character and will always take less in a deal and give more away in a deal just to make sure the other party is happy and I know this from first hand experience with him.

I did tell the guy what it was worth, and made an offer based on that. My offer was a ton more than the price he wanted. The guy just makes more money in a year than most people can comprehend, so the price doesn't matter to him. And he is not a gun guy, and said part of the price he gave me was for being honest on what it was actually worth. I will definitely post pics when it comes in. The deal should be done in a little more than a month now, so the i will post pics of the new "baby."