NJdiverTony

Belt or Paddle Holster???

Paddle holsters are great for range use when you are shooting more then one handgun...

If your paddle holster is coming off when you draw, you either have a crappy paddle, terrible fitting holster, or are wearing it wrong.

I have a serpa paddle for my glock 19. I use it for carry and IDPA (although I havent shot a ton of idpa, yet).

You really gotta fight it to take it off, I dont see it coming off with the gun by accident. I got it by accident when ordering it (long time ago, didnt know the difference) but I like it and it works well. It is comfy, too.

I just completed my order online with Blade-Tech. I ordered teh "IDPA Pro Pack", which includes the belt holster, mag pouch, and paddle attachment (I guess it's convertible from belt to paddle and vice versa). I called customer service and they also advised me that they can make the holster for my Beretta 92A1 so it's a pefect fit! $89 plus shipping for the whole package... not too bad.

I just completed my order online with Blade-Tech. I ordered teh "IDPA Pro Pack", which includes the belt holster, mag pouch, and paddle attachment (I guess it's convertible from belt to paddle and vice versa). I called customer service and they also advised me that they can make the holster for my Beretta 92A1 so it's a pefect fit! $89 plus shipping for the whole package... not too bad.

You will NOT be disappointed.

I have no problems with my Blackhawk Serpa holster on a Paddle. It does not come out at all when drawing. I would say get a BH Serpa. And yes, it does come with the belt attachment as well.

What good is a hoster if you cannot carry in NJ? I am using my G19 as a home defense weapon and it is in the safe most of the time. I am wondering whether or not I need a holster and belt or paddle style. If I understand how the paddle works, you can slide them over your belt and the paddle inside your pants without taking off your belt. This seems like a better solution if you are wearing it at a range or on your property intermittantly. Since I have no belt in my pajamas, I doubt I'd need it in an intruder situation in the middle of the night. I guess in an emergency, or uprising, and I'm taking off with my gear it would be a necessary thing to have.

The Sportsman's Guide has them for $40 (http://www.sportsman...e.aspx?a=691554). They are not that expensive and it might be a good thing to have. I'm just wondering how much I'd actually use it.

I will also look for a double magazine holder.

What good is a hoster if you cannot carry in NJ? I am using my G19 as a home defense weapon and it is in the safe most of the time. I am wondering whether or not I need a holster and belt or paddle style. If I understand how the paddle works, you can slide them over your belt and the paddle inside your pants without taking off your belt. This seems like a better solution if you are wearing it at a range or on your property intermittantly. Since I have no belt in my pajamas, I doubt I'd need it in an intruder situation in the middle of the night. I guess in an emergency, or uprising, and I'm taking off with my gear it would be a necessary thing to have.

The Sportsman's Guide has them for $40 (http://www.sportsman...e.aspx?a=691554). They are not that expensive and it might be a good thing to have. I'm just wondering how much I'd actually use it.

I will also look for a double magazine holder.

You NEED a holster for USPSA or IDPA.

Tony.... being a lefty sometimes me choices are limited. I had a fobus kydex paddle holster for a CZP01 and used it during IDPA matches. Never had an issue... until that one time. Nothing cracks up a room of shooters more then watching a guy try to get the holster off his gun instead of taking on targets. Priceless.

Get a belt holster.

Anyone catch that and post it on Youtube?? :D

Harry

I've carried just about daily for over 35 years. I have never found a paddle holster that was worth anything AFAIC. Paddle holsters seem to be made to accommodate people who want to get rid of a gun fast rather than carry it. There are some decent synthetic holsters out there but nothing beats leather in my book.

I've found the best all around carry holster for anything to be the DeSantis Speed Scabbard (I prefer no thumb snap but they make it both ways). I used them for about 25 years and have one for every gun I regularly carry.