Sign in to follow this  
joejaxx

4th Constitutional Carry State

Gun Rights the way the are SUPPOSED to be are slowly coming back to this country! :D

Title: Wyoming House approves ["permitless"] concealed carry bill

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - The Wyoming House of Representatives has approved a bill to allow people to carry concealed guns without a permit.

The House voted 49-9 for the bill on Friday. The Senate already has approved it. The bill now goes to Gov. Matt Mead.

Proponents have emphasized that both the Wyoming and federal constitutions specify people have the right to carry guns.

Opponents include some police groups who say the bill could encourage dangerous people to carry guns who wouldn't be able to pass a background check under the state's existing concealed-carry permit system.

Wyoming would continue to issue concealed-carry permits even if the bill passes so citizens could have reciprocity with other states.

Alaska, Arizona and Vermont already allow citizens to carry concealed guns without permits.

Source: http://www.kgwn.tv/Global/story.asp?S=14142378

eventually....NJ WILL FALL!!

Not enough earthquakes for that. But it WILL be covered by Al Gore's rising Global Climate Disruption ocean waters. And when you guys start crowding higher ground to the west at the Delaware, we will be crowding the other side with long bayonets.

He's only one guy who's on borrowed time. There's a lot more of them we need to remove from office.

I've always thought of him as the Godfather of NJ..pushing the buttons of the liberals..I bet he would require the entire military to get their FPID's if he could..NICs check before issuing weapons in Afgan..gotta love him..it's for the children. :unsure:

Colorado looks like it's on the way...

--------

Colorado House Judiciary Committee passes Constitutional Carry 8 to 3

Nice work. Constitutional Carry -- HB1205 -- passed out of its committee yesterday and moved to the House Floor thanks to your calls and e-mails.

State Rep. Chris Holbert (R-Parker) -- who is a long-time RMGO member and activist -- did a fantastic job of presenting the bill and framing the debate when presenting it to the House Judiciary Committee.

Rep. Holbert told the committee that open carry in public areas is legal in most parts of Colorado and requires no permit, no fees, no training and no lists, but the second you cover the handgun with a coat or sweater you are required to obtain a permit.

In essence, he said, it's a Coat Tax. Put your coat on, and you have to pay the tax. His bill would make that a voluntary tax, since there would be no need to pay the tax (acquire a permit) if HB1205 becomes law.

RMGO Executive Director Dudley Brown then testified to the growing movement of states allowing permitless carry, and the many more which are considering passing just such a law. In Vermont, Alaska and now Arizona, there has been no increase in crime.

Both of those messages resonated with members of the committee, and the bill passed with the votes of every Republican and even two Democrats.

This is just one more great example of how effective your voice really is.

Now the work gets tougher. The bill is headed for the House floor, where we really have to turn up the heat. If you and I want Constitutional Carry in Colorado, we must make politicians feel the heat with our phone calls and e-mails.

The House Co-sponsors on HB1205 are:

Acree, Balmer, Barker, Baumgardner, Becker, Bradford, Brown, Conti, DelGrosso, Holbert, Joshi, Kerr J., Looper, Massey, McKinley, McNulty, Murray, Nikkel, Priola, Scott, Sonnenberg, Stephens, Summers, Swerdfeger, Vaad, Waller.

In addition, Reps. Bob Gardner, Daniel Kagan and Pete Lee have now voted for this bill in Committee.

If you don't see your State Representative on either of these lists, they have not yet co-sponsored this bill or voted in favor of it yet. It is imperative that you take just a few minutes to do this simple two-step process before the House floor vote.

If they are on this list, take a moment to contact them and tell them to keep up the good work and continue to support this important bill.

1) Click on this link to find your State Representative if you don't already know.

2) Call your Representative. The phone number for all State Representatives is 303-866-2904 or toll free at 1-800-811-7647.

* Tell them you stand with Rocky Mountain Gun Owners.

* Tell them it is vital they support Constitutional Carry in Colorado without further amendments.

* And tell them you are watching their vote carefully and counting on their support.

Again, you can reach all State Representatives by calling 303-866-2904 or toll free at 1-800-811-7647 and they'll connect you to your State Representative.

Constitutional Carry in Colorado depends on your involveme

Believe it or not, that sick old man has alot of energy!

Only the good die young, the rotten ones live forever. I think its God trying to give him all the chances to repent for his sins. Either that or he's the devil!

• Like 1

I've always thought of him as the Godfather of NJ..pushing the buttons of the liberals..I bet he would require the entire military to get their FPID's if he could..NICs check before issuing weapons in Afgan..gotta love him..it's for the children. :unsure:

The only way Lautenberg would support CCW is if illegal immigrants were the only ones allowed to carry legaly.

While it's great news for those in Wyoming, it isn't really the tide turning IMO when states that already have a pretty solid respect for gun ownership rights pass bills like this.

I mean, perhaps I haven't been paying close enough attention, but have any states on the Brady Campaign [dis]honor roll show signs of improvement that weren't forced on them by judicial rullings? I mean, CA continues to introduce nonsense legislation(ammo purchase limits, registration requirements, banning the limited open carry rights they have now, etc), while DC & Chicago continue working to circumvent the intent of DCvHeller & McDonaldvChicago, and NJ has shown a clear intent to dig its heels in on the carry permit lawsuit.

I have hopes all this things will go down in flames and things will improve for all legal gun owners in every state, but it seems more clear than ever that anti-gun sentiment in the legislation will not be rooted out easily.

It's official. Wyoming has enacted constitutional carry.

---------------

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/article_1af6e2e7-74e8-51ed-a31e-5a96a22f5a9c.html

Wyoming governor signs concealed gun bill

Associated Press | Posted: Wednesday, March 2, 2011 4:40 pm | No Comments Posted

CHEYENNE — Wyoming has become the fourth state to allow citizens to carry concealed guns without a permit.

Gov. Matt Mead signed a bill into law Wednesday to allow state citizens legally entitled to own guns to carry them concealed starting in July.

Similar bills are pending in about half a dozen other state legislatures around the country. Alaska, Arizona and Vermont already don't require permits for carrying concealed guns.

A national spokesman for the National Rifle Association says the push to allow more concealed guns comes from common people who demand the freedom to protect themselves in tough economic times.

But a spokesman for the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence in Washington says the gun industry is pushing to loosen restrictions on carrying guns to boost sales.

While it's great news for those in Wyoming, it isn't really the tide turning IMO when states that already have a pretty solid respect for gun ownership rights pass bills like this.

I mean, perhaps I haven't been paying close enough attention, but have any states on the Brady Campaign [dis]honor roll show signs of improvement that weren't forced on them by judicial rullings? I mean, CA continues to introduce nonsense legislation(ammo purchase limits, registration requirements, banning the limited open carry rights they have now, etc), while DC & Chicago continue working to circumvent the intent of DCvHeller & McDonaldvChicago, and NJ has shown a clear intent to dig its heels in on the carry permit lawsuit.

I have hopes all this things will go down in flames and things will improve for all legal gun owners in every state, but it seems more clear than ever that anti-gun sentiment in the legislation will not be rooted out easily.

As a singular event, your right. However, the more states go in that direction, the better it will be for everyone. The only argument antis have against constitutional carry is that the states that pass them are nuts or "back woods hillbilly". As more and more populated ("civilized") states go constitutional carry the more the table turns. Before you know it only a few states aren't constitutional carry and they look like the crazy ones. Social acceptance determines what is crazy and what is normal.

But a spokesman for the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence in Washington says the gun industry is pushing to loosen restrictions on carrying guns to boost sales.

It never ceases to amaze me, how stupid their statements are. If pressure was all it took to pass gun laws and to increase sales, they would have done that years ago.

You know reading about all these other states passing laws to legally carry is making me depressed , why do these other states see the big picture and still nj doesnt , just dont know if i"ll ever get that warm fuzzy feeling of being able to carry legally !!!! :(

hopper I completely understand. NJ likes to pass warm and fuzzy legislation to protect us from societal ills. They are doing it for us after all. In another thread on here it was mentioned how small NJ's gun owner population is and how many of those gun owners are interested enough to get involved in the CCW debate. Those two things right there is what makes it so hard to ever have hope in NJ to CCW.