Rifleman1

Ammo Storage

Depends entirely on the packaging, but 1,000 rounds of 9mm ammo ain't that big at all.

Two examples of 1,000 rounds of 9mm:

- 20 boxes of 50 rounds, ~12 3/4" X 9 3/4" X 2 1/2"

9mm01.jpg

9mm02.jpg

- 4 boxes of 250 rounds, ~9 1/2" X 6 1/2" X 4 3/4"

9mm03.jpg

9mm04.jpg

If you stored them loose, 1K rounds would *easily* fit in a .50 cal ammo can with space left over.

I'm famous! :icon_mrgreen:

I'm actually on Cabelas right not trying to piece together $150 order so I can get free shipping

I'll go in on that to help you out, Text me !!!

I have 4 Cabela's boxes and none of them provides a reliable seal. And one deformed so badly that the cover doesn't even match the bottom part to form a seal. And I store them in a dry and cool crawl space in my garage, so the deformation wasn't provoked in any way. So, 50 cal. surplus cans are the best.

I've found that if you wrap a case of ammo in shrink wrap it keeps pretty good. I have several wooden ammo boxes I got from CMP HXP ammo. I use a kitchen garbage bag to line the inside to provide moisture protection, put the ammo in the bag, tie the top, and screw the lid back on.

The MTM Ammo Cans are similar to Cabelas. 2 pack for 25.00 and I can fit 1300 rounds of 9MM not to mention that they can be locked with a padlock. 800 rounds of .45ACP but the box is heavy. I think 400 rounds of .45 ACP weighs in at 25 pounds.