Sign in to follow this  
DevsAdvocate

Battle: Los Angeles thread?

Just saw this movie tonight... absolutely loved it! A teeny bit over the top with the USMC bravado stuff... but then again, I wouldn't put it passed a Marine to be a little bit macho.

Great science fiction flick.

What'd you guys think?

Loved it. Pretty accurate on a lot of Marine personality bs, but the movements in the streets were WAYYY off.

Outside of that, probably the best alien invasion movie to come out in a LONG time. No retarded a** weakness like bacteria, water, or someone learning their language, their computer language, and then hijacking their fighter to fly all the way to the mothership to upload a human-made-computer-program-based-virus to kill all of the species.

Not so sure about that. Aaron played his role extremely well, all the way down to the ticks right after looking death in the eyes (gas station scene) and they were believable. Its a small part, probably going to be looked over, though.

Saw it earlier this afternoon, and was pretty blown away. Not widely known names behind the film, and yet it really, really did well at what it was trying to do. Some parts were really hard to swallow for me personally (as they struck a chord), with other parts making me chuckle (like the overt Jar-headiness :icon_e_biggrin:); but it really was worth the time and money to watch it in the theaters. Good stuff.