Seems like Mayor Healy mentioned guns during his State of the City speech last night.

I'm still looking for video or transcripts of the full thing.

But the Hudson Reporter is saying that Healy would like another gun buyback;

Healy also stated as goals: a second gun buy-back program, the completion of efforts to centralize the city’s dispatch operations, and bringing new corporate ratables to Jersey City.

Just in time for spring cleaning........ :yahoo:

I'd love to see some of the stuff AND PEOPLE who come to these things! I mean, what if some dingbat drops off a Colt 1911 from WWI or a German Luger? I bet the cops there wouldn't even know the difference.

I'd love to see some of the stuff AND PEOPLE who come to these things! I mean, what if some dingbat drops off a Colt 1911 from WWI or a German Luger? I bet the cops there wouldn't even know the difference.

From what I'm told about the first one, nothing but absolute junk was turned in. Broken, rusted, junk. In the true sense of the word.

Why not? If you have broken guns that nobody wants, like I do, why not make a few bucks towards a new one.

One think that a lot of us do on the Harley forum I belong to is we part out a lot of things.

There may be some old junk thats not worth anything and the buyback program may get you a few bucks, but for anyone that has something here and is thinking about it may want to at least post up what they have. Who knows there might be a part or some obscure item, a gun they had as a kid that would have some sentimental value to own again.

Hey if people are looking to get something for their junk it can't hurt. Think about it, some parts may be good and someone might get that hard to find part and after that turn in whats left for cash.

Harry