jcerillo70

Whats with everyone on youtube badmouthing the Gen4's????

In theory without shooting one they sound great.

Alot of people are saying the G19 9mm is

-F2F

-NOT EJECTING

-SPRING TO STIFF

-Cant fire 115 gr.

-BLAH BLAH BLAH

then theres a video that says they are mongaloids who dont know about guns.

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2BeUI89HI8

Anyone run into the problems or solutions with the gen4's?

Glock broke the "if it ain't broke" rule by messing with the recoil springs on the Gen 4's. They tried to pull an H&K by putting a stiffer recoil spring in them to dim the recoil impulse, but as a result SOME have had a hard time shooting the wimpy stuff.

And a lot of people run Wolf and other low powered rounds through their Glocks.

I have a Gen4 G23 that has been flawless in 650rnds so far. I understand the 9mm's suffered from incorrect recoil springs when first introduced. I believe the G19's are on their 4th recoil spring revision. Was at the Bullet Hole sometime in the fall and ran into a newbie shooter who was on his 2nd outing w/ his G4 G19. I put 10 rounds through the pistol w/out issue. However, I did witness approximately, 8 FTE's from this poor guy. I don't know if it was limpwristing or other. I personally, would have no problem picking up a G4 9mm of some type though. I really like the slightly smaller dimensions of the grip and the texture is really a step up from previous gen's. There is slightly less muzzle lift on the G4's, but I noticed it more on the .40's vs. the 9mm's.

Probably the FTE's were due to limp wristing.

If anybody has any "limp wristing" issues I'd like to hear about them. Are they more common with a light vs heavy magazine?

I guess you know where I'm going with this. Reciprocal mass and a light chasis.

I own a very early G17 Gen4 thats been flawless. I clean with Ballistol and lube with Gun butter or Mobil 1. I just bought a G26 Gen4. I have to pick it up at SS on Thursday. I like the Gen4 mag release, and Grip much better than my Gen3's

Im luvin the new Gen4s!!

I have shot 350 rounds of a wide variety of ammunition through my new Gen4 G19 so far and only failure to eject when my left thumb got in the way of the slide. It shoots flawlessly and the patterns are very tight. I waited to buy it until I knew the issue with the recoil springs had been resolved. I will be looking at a Gen4 G21 when they are introduced in April.:locomotive:

I have a few gen 4's and you can buy a new trigger bar with no bump.

I use them with no back strap at all.

Texture on frame is better with wet or sweaty hands.

The "dull" finish on slide is also better for racking with sweaty or wet hands.

I open carry my 35 or CC my 26.

I like My Gen4's better than my Gen 3's. The Gen 4 has the large mag release, better grip and different size backstraps make it for me a better choice. I've had no problems with my Gen 4's. My first Gen4 is a very early G17 with over 4,000 rounds shot, no problems. I have always cleaned with Ballistol and lubed with gun butter or Mobil 1.