Sign in to follow this  
ktm525xcatv

Tasers

Why is it even being considered? I don't think you should look at a law and say "Well I might break this depending on what the penalty is..." It's a law, tasers are not allowed in NJ, so you're probably better off not owning one.

Welcome to NJ, like CA, but more liberal...

I actually live in the las vegas area but have been to CA a few times.

CA more restrictive on certain things.

10rd magazines ar15 needs a non removeable magazine or evil feature delete.

I think piston resistration is mandatory.

some other things like can't have oc/pepper spray over a certain size.

Police are thugs.

In some counties in CA you don't need a taser. You can apply for a concealed carry permit and it can get approved. Try that here in New Jersey and let's see how far that application gets you.

sacremento county is the only shall issue county!

4th degree crime-punishable by up to 18 months.

ouch

I wonder what their logic is for banning them mine only has a range of 15 feet.

A car or truck can be a very deadly weapon also, why don't they just ban them also.

ouch

I wonder what their logic is for banning them mine only has a range of 15 feet.

A car or truck can be a very deadly weapon also, why don't they just ban them also.

Your thinking logically, most politicians in NJ are incapable of that, that's how we ended up with all these stupid laws. What does the hollow point law do? encourage criminals to use FMJ's? that way they can blow through their intended target (assuming they can actually hit them) and hit some innocent person behind them. :fool:

As for pepper spray I believe you are limited to containers no more than 3/4 of an ounce.

• Like 1

Your thinking logically, most politicians in NJ are incapable of that, that's how we ended up with all these stupid laws. What does the hollow point law do? encourage criminals to use FMJ's? that way they can blow through their intended target (assuming they can actually hit them) and hit some innocent person behind them. :fool:

As for pepper spray I believe you are limited to containers no more than 3/4 of an ounce.

My Bear Spray is 9.2oz.

There are bears in NJ where my parents live.

So if i decide to go hiking then what?

I do belive its better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6. :superblue:

My Bear Spray is 9.2oz.

Sooo you are asking what the penalty of being in possession of a taser is because you are considering keeping your taser in NJ, and you also have pepper spray that is like 12 times the legal size......do you think that you are entitled to carry pepper spray that is illegal in size just because you feel like going for a hike and are afraid of bears? Does that give me the right to illegally carry my pistol through Trenton because I feel like driving through there, but am afraid of gangbangers? And you state all this on the internet then you use the saying: "better to be judged by 12, then carried by 6". I'm sorry, but that quote is not meant to be used by someone who is INTENTIONALLY breaking the law, please don't ruin it for the rest of us who do everything we can to obey the law.

• Like 1

My Bear Spray is 9.2oz.

I don't know about bear spray, it's possible that there are exceptions for that, but I don't know. I would make sure of the law before you bring it here.

If ever you had to use a taser in self defense, you will not be able to invoke a self defense claim either at criminal or civil trial. Anytime you invoke a self defense claim, your conduct up to the point of using force has to be innocent; violating the law ahead of time (unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose)will destroy any chance you have with self defense.

Furthermore, the court will not allow the jury to hear that you used it in self defense, per the rules of criminal procedure and the rules of evidence.

Judged by 12 vs carried by 6? The jury is not your friend--the jury will only be instructed that you were in possession of a prohibited weapon (to which you will have no lawful defense). Remember, any claim you want to make to the jury has to be approved ahead of time by the judge. This is why Brian Aitken was unable to argue that he was moving between residences, thus asserting an affirmative defense to the weapons charges (for which he was convicted).

My advice--keep it out of New Jersey.

OMG - I'm going to be sure not to use a slingshot for self defense either - after all, those be illegal in Joisey too.

"you serious clark"

if i have to come back there i think im just gonna stay in the padded room.