Jon

IDPA @ SCFGPA 4/17 @ 11AM

Like the title says, IDPA @ SCFGPA. Who's in? Also, does anyone have a second setup that can be borrowed? If my pistols don't get back from the 'smith in time, I won't have a rig for the friend I'm bringing.

Depends on the weather. If it's nice out I'll be at Fort Dix. What kinda spare setup? If they have a glock you can use my holster and equipment.

Need everything: gun, holster, mags. Also, this is not a new shooter, just someone who doesn't have any guns legal for IDPA.

Need everything: gun, holster, mags. Also, this is not a new shooter, just someone who doesn't have any guns legal for IDPA.

I thought any gun is legal in the enhanced class?

edit: here we go

Pistols in the ESP division must be semi-automatic, 9mm (9x19mm) or larger in caliber, have a maximum unloaded weight of 43 oz. including an empty magazine. Barrel length is not directly specified, but will generally be around five inches; pistols must fit in the IDPA gun test box (see dimensions above) with an empty magazine inserted.

I thought any gun is legal in the enhanced class?

edit: here we go

Pistols in the ESP division must be semi-automatic, 9mm (9x19mm) or larger in caliber, have a maximum unloaded weight of 43 oz. including an empty magazine. Barrel length is not directly specified, but will generally be around five inches; pistols must fit in the IDPA gun test box (see dimensions above) with an empty magazine inserted.

Won't fit in the box.

j0n:

Kinda torn between this and Dix with the AR's. I think Dix is just too early, so I'm leaning heavily toward the IDPA match and have some questions:

Is this an indoor or outdoor match?

How many stages usually?

Anticipated total round count?

Max rounds per stage?

I shot a USPSA match at CJ last week and one at OB last fall and participated for about two years in the mid-80's. Never shot an IDPA match - should I show-up early for the safety check (did the USPSA safety check at OB) or am I GTG?

Thanks for the help.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Is this an indoor or outdoor match? Indoor

How many stages usually? 4

Anticipated total round count? About 100 - Bring at least 150 rounds

Max rounds per stage? Usually count on at least 1 reload per stage. Most I've seen is about 24 rounds per stage.

You will need to show up early for new shooter briefing. I would recommend getting there early anyway as they usually cap the registration at around 35 people.

j0n:

Kinda torn between this and Dix with the AR's. I think Dix is just too early, so I'm leaning heavily toward the IDPA match and have some questions:

Is this an indoor or outdoor match?

How many stages usually?

Anticipated total round count?

Max rounds per stage?

I shot a USPSA match at CJ last week and one at OB last fall and participated for about two years in the mid-80's. Never shot an IDPA match - should I show-up early for the safety check (did the USPSA safety check at OB) or am I GTG?

Thanks for the help.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

-Indoor match

-Usually 4 stages with the turnout we've had recently

-Round count will most likely be under 100 but bring 125

-IDPA courses are either deemed Vickers or Limited Vickers. Vickers courses allow you to fire as many rounds as you'd like, Limited Vickers specifies the number of rounds you can shoot. Either way its rarely more than 20.

I'd recommend showing up for the Safety Check. They'll go over the differences in safety procedures between IDPA and USPSA which will be beneficial for you.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks everyone! I was just reading over the rules. One glaring difference between USPSA and IDPA is that in SSP class there is no reward for shooting a major caliber. Kind of locks you in with a 9mm.

I think I'll probably shoot CDP with a 1911.

Thanks again. Hope to make it. SWMBO usually gives me no grief, but I'm kind of springing this on her.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Finally went on the website (sorry, should've done that in the first place) and it says that you have to attend a Wednesday night practice to participate. True? If so, guess I'm out.

If the safety inspection is repeated before the match, and that qualifies you to shoot in the match, what time does one need to be there? The calendar says the match starts at 10 AM, but the OP says 11 AM. Is the 10 AM start time for the safety inspection?

Sorry guys, just don't want to show-up and not be able to shoot.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

No, it's open to the public Gunny...in case you were wondering.

Thanks! I was initially jazzed that there was a shoot in Bridgeton, NJ but realized that this was in fact in Bridgewater, NJ and that SCFGA stands for Somerset County Fish and Game.

Way too far for me.

Good job to everyone that competed.

It was definitely another fun event. One thing I did realize is that I'm definitely taking my time a little too much. Looking forward to the next one where Ill try to go at it with a little more hustle.

While on the subject of hustle, congrats to RecessedFilter for the 5th fastest overall time.

While on the subject of hustle, congrats to RecessedFilter for the 5th fastest overall time.

Thank you sir! I haven't seen the results yet so that was nice to read :D Stage 3 with the barrels must have expedited my time!

It was, as usual, nice to see everyone. It was also great to meet some new faces a.k.a. Pizzabob! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

j0n seemed to take the crown for style points this match. I'm guessing he does yoga with the balance he's got!

Enough talk, here are some videos. I'm still uploading a couple more so I will post them when they upload on youtube.

RecessedFilter - Stage 1

RecessedFilter - Stage 3

j0n - Stage 1 (style points)

Zell959 - Stage 2

Mr. P - Stage 2

Glennp - Stage 1