rifleman

Gun store trip

We went to Griffin & Howe, Bedminster NJ today. It is 3 minutes from Rt. 287. Unbelievable selection of new and used guns from $150 to $104,000. The best part is they are all racked but not locked. You can wander around for an hour and pick up anything. No asault rifles but plenty of shooters 100 years old. This is the best gun store in the state. About 400 long guns, no hand guns.

We went to Griffin & Howe, Bedminster NJ today. It is 3 minutes from Rt. 287. Unbelievable selection of new and used guns from $150 to $104,000. The best part is they are all racked but not locked. You can wander around for an hour and pick up anything. No asault rifles but plenty of shooters 100 years old. This is the best gun store in the state. About 400 long guns, no hand guns.

sounds nice.

Your statement:

This is the best gun store in the state. About 400 long guns, no hand guns.

Is paradoxical.

I'm always on the lookout for old shotguns, preferably bolt action/single shots/levers. I'm guessing out of a couple hundred long guns, they HAVE to have a couple of them right?

They have dozens, hundreds of used old valuable shotguns. They have a lot of their inventory on their website.

Because the 2A is not just about Semi Auto Rifles!

And because old shotguns and hunting rifles are cool, old world craftsmanship, quality beyond modern concepts and they are cool. Those old sxs shotguns are works of art IMHO.

Zombies are not the only reason to own firearms.

• Like 2

Griffin and Howe were the USA most elite shooting shop in the early years. Back when there were shooting preserves throughout NJ, NY and Conn. Some of the most famous shooters of the time worked their as salesmen, fitters or smiths. I have a catalog from their dated 1938 that I cherish.

I am not a snotty person in any sense of the word, but classic shotguns make me short of breath. I shoot other guns because I know if I ever purchased a 10k+ classic gun, I would place it in a frame/glass box and treat it like an art piece. I have an issue in thar I like shooting my old guns, driving old vehicles and @$%^#^ old women. :sarcastichand:

Ive been there 3xs and really like the place leave your credit card home if you like fine guns.if you want to see even more exspencive guns go to holland and holland in nyc the door man brings you to the 19th floor and waits to see if they admit you

Ive been there 3xs and really like the place leave your credit card home if you like fine guns.if you want to see even more exspencive guns go to holland and holland in nyc the door man brings you to the 19th floor and waits to see if they admit you

Holy Christ, where have you been?

It was only back in the late late 80's around here in S. Jersey. You could walk into a local store and picked up the cable locked daisy chained HK91-94 etc series rifles w/ folding stock, FAL's, Galil's, Steyr AUG's, etc, etc, etc. All on the floor, NOT behind the counter. Then there were AK-47's w/ flash suppressors, bayonnets, MAC-10/11's, Desert Eagles in .50Cal and even a Micro Uzi along with a regular Uzi. Also compliments of 100-rd drums, 30-40-50 rd AK mags etc, etc, etc....

Some of the Hk rifles (and others) were factory desert camo'd and if I remember correctly, they were around $800-$1500 plus tax.

This was 1989.

Now...We are excited by 100 year old antique rifles with 5 rd mags.

:icon_e_confused::icon_rolleyes:

I've actually been to Holland and Holland, but they impressed me as being just stupidly expensive showpieces, not really related to guns, nor antiques, just nice too expensive things.

Griffin and Howe have more guns that I'd actually like to own to shoot, compete with, etc. I might actually buy a Krieghoff K-80 sometime, and they have them new and used, and other nice things. They are still aspirational, but not stupidly expensive.